Retail - Demo

Download the demo and install it to another directory. Use it to play with them ;)

The Demo's use the same registry key as the retail, that's why have to completely uninstall the demo's before could install the Retail and patch it.

Download the demo and install it to another directory. Use it to play with them ;)

The Demo's use the same registry key as the retail, that's why have to completely uninstall the demo's before could install the Retail and patch it.

You SURE about that?

'Cuz I unwittingly installed the GRAW2 retail with the GRAW2 SP demo already installed, and it worked. Occasional CTD's, but it worked.

You SURE about that?

'Cuz I unwittingly installed the GRAW2 retail with the GRAW2 SP demo already installed, and it worked. Occasional CTD's, but it worked.

you must have missed the news page and threads on it, Maybe you'd like it from the horses mouth...

Yepp I confirm this. Remove the DEMO and then install the GAME - same registry was used.

if you ever try to uninstall the demo it'll now screw your retail install and you will have to reinstall the retail again before can patch

likewise if you install the demo after the retail will have similar problems with patches

Yeah, that's what I did. Let's run this down in chronological order, shall we?

1.) Receive disc in mail with GRAW2 SP demo. Install. Works. Look for what's so different about this title...

2.) Curse a lot and drink a lot of coffee.

3.) Receive package in the mail with GRAW2 retail. Like a dummy, install without uninstalling SP demo.

4.) Start a good/bad/ugly list on the game, including mention of multiple CTD's.

5.) Feel like a dummy when reminded to uninstall the demo before installing retail.

6.) Uninstall BOTH, then install ONLY retail.

7.) Still don't like game. Still hate Ubishaft. In the face, now.

Yeah, I understand that uninstalling BOTH is a requirement. Got it. It's been like that with most games. Even if it weren't specifically necessary, by now I'd do it as habit. I just got so excited that I forgot to uninstall the demo first. Gee...

• 7 months later...

2 questions:

1.)

I see on the Demo-Servers a lot people who playes with Sniper-rifles and smoke-grenades on the TDM-map. I think those people must have the retailversion and play in the demo-lobby because the demo-version dont allow to play with sniper-rifles and smoke-grenades on the TDM-map but the retail-version allows it.

So how to get in the Demo-Lobby with the full version

or

how to play with sniper-rifles and smoke-grenades with the Demoversion on a TDM-map?

2.)

I have installed both the demo-version AND the retail-version. Are those informations still relevant if i want to play GRAW2 without problems i have first uninstall the Demo and then i have to install the retail-version?

Edited by B9hM

Ok, i have got it to unlock the sniper-kits on the tdm-demo-servers (left big triangle-buton next the support-kit).

But what about the smoke-grenades i have seen several times on those demo-servers? Dont get it where they come from?

Question belonging to the Demo-Version:

I have 2 gamespy-accounts. With the first account i get no smoke-grenade in TDM (for example when i play as the assault-gay), with second account i get the smoke-grenade (when i play as the assault-gay). Why?

^

Did your demo version come with a GRAW 2_PC_Manuel_*.pdf (\Support\Manual)? Read it?

You post that you are running as the Assault guy in TDM...did you mean to post RvsA? If so, see 5.4 (pg #23-24) of the manual, you probably have amassed more points (Veterancy) with one account than the other, unlocking more equipment.

^

Did your demo version come with a GRAW 2_PC_Manuel_*.pdf (\Support\Manual)? Read it?

You post that you are running as the Assault guy in TDM...did you mean to post RvsA? If so, see 5.4 (pg #23-24) of the manual, you probably have amassed more points (Veterancy) with one account than the other, unlocking more equipment.

Maybe i doesnt understand you but ...

negative, i mean the mode " T D M" = team death match. And if i run there as an assault-soldier in TDM there i have NO smoke-grenades (with my first account) but on my new second account i have 1 smoke-grenade.

But anyway i finally get the smoke-grenades and i am fine.

Edited by B9hM