An example of Super AI

I planned on posting NORMAL and HARD videos tonight, but I'll have to pull the plug on this particular test as it would seem to be that you CANNOT change the difficulty setting on a mission you have already played in the campaign. Changing the difficulty setting on the mission load screen is having no impact on the AI accuracy since the first time I played it on Hardcore and the took me out with two deadly accurate shots. Now, no matter which difficulty I select before loading that save game, the can't hit me for love nor money lol.

Howwever I did discover one thing, it also proved that the AI responded to ME SIGHTING HIM, and nothing else.

As I peeked around the corner the top guy was already facing me, so he opened fire right away. He got a couple of rounds off, so when I edged out a little more to sight catwalk guy, I fully expected to see him scanning for me. But no, he was still facing away from me even though his buddy was firing in my direction - until the split second I got a bead on him then he turned around! I've been testing this scenario long enough to know what's happening here - the AI are not reacting to any environmental clues as to my location or prescence. I just need to sight them, and they know where I am. That's how it looks in this particular test, it doesn't work like that all the time obviously, they react differently a lot of the time.

Until I figure out how to replay the same scenario in the different difficulty settings though, this project is over.

*collective sigh of relief*

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*did you ever had the feeling some one is watching you ?*

nice test rocky thanks for the good read, i enjoyed it :D

(was this not the case with GR where AI had to be in the same group to notice the other shooting ? or dying... or is my mind to far off GR this time ?)