Sony SCEA president squirms in PS3 price drop interview

Rocky

LOL just answer the question on WHY? I don't think that really worked out like he wanted to did it!?

Edit: He did do ok, but only with what he wanted to talk about. Other than that it didn't really start out so smooth with dodging of the main question!

Anyways i just have to say and maybe im the only one here, but i really don't count this as a price drop at all. The prices are still the same they have been. Only thing diffrent is they upgraded the systems to the bigger models and the prices stay the same!

If you ask me the word price drop shouldn't even be in there, but instead say we upgraded the systems in the price classes we already have. I don't know maybe its just me, but you getting more for the same buck as before!

Actually, I thought the SCEA guy spun his answers pretty good. You have to be a smooth talker to make it that far up the ladder.

The CNBC guy just wanted to get him to admit the PS3 is a struggling, bleeding money like crazy, and desperate for market share.

I'm just impressed the business report is taking the video games business more seriously these days, but it's not suprise as we're talking billions of bucks.

So how does the price drop work? Just the 60 gig version dropped $100? So the 20gig is the same price as the 60?? I wish more wii games were online and that they had a voice chat system. My wife really wants one of those. Ghost Squad looks like it will be a fun title for the Wii with the new Zapper controller.

I'm just impressed the business report is taking the video games business more seriously these days, but it's not suprise as we're talking billions of bucks.

The video game industry stands to make more money this year than the music industry... first time this has happened. So video games are a very big piece of the entertainment dollar pie.