Any chance of a SP demo B4 release?

LOL I hear your pain :o= all that apprehension, yes one more week for europe unless it slips again ! and 2 for America according to ubi.us (17th). The lull before the release :thumbsup: . I personally don't care if a sp demo is released before or on the day as long as graw2 does not keep slipping closer to Crysis & Call of Duty 4.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm waiting on some of the guys here to play it and report what they got. the SP campaign does not seem to show any big additions to the game, except some tweaks to gameplay and graphics, but it's essentially the same game as GRAW 1. mark my words, GRIN would have been better off concentrating on adding more chr and weapon models available to the player during SP. most of the GR and GRAW community are gear and weapon freaks, something that the RB6 series provided heavily (which most of us came from). GR was in the same frame as RB6, but GRAW went in the opposite direction and had seriously limited the amount of substance we are used to having. i don't need another futuristic game with a limited amount of weapons and lack of squad customization (both in SP and MP). hopefully, GRAW 2 will be more mod friendly than the first GRAW, and we'll see from there. i'm still on the fence when it concerns getting GRAW 2, not yet convinced to get it.

LOL I hear your pain :o= all that apprehension, yes one more week for europe unless it slips again ! and 2 for America according to ubi.us (17th). The lull before the release :thumbsup: . I personally don't care if a sp demo is released before or on the day as long as graw2 does not keep slipping closer to Crysis & Call of Duty 4.

Are you refering to July 17th?

The demo is available for d/l as this thread shows.... it it is before release date of the final game. :whistle:

I was just perusing gamespy when I saw the link for the singlplayer demo. I actually heard the "record player skipping" sound in my head when I noticed it. Here's hoping for a better game than GRAW.

i'm still disappointed with the lack of new chr models because the feel is still GRAW 1.

Understandable, but in terms of plot, new models wouldn't make sense. The SP (and thus MP) game is set the day after the last mission in GRAW1. Too many changes to the models/skins wouldn't make sense.

As for the new weapons, that's probably just one of those things that would get the developers lynched if they didn't, and may kill a funding source, that being advertising for Ruger's new weapons.

i'm still disappointed with the lack of new chr models because the feel is still GRAW 1.

Understandable, but in terms of plot, new models wouldn't make sense. The SP (and thus MP) game is set the day after the last mission in GRAW1. Too many changes to the models/skins wouldn't make sense.

As for the new weapons, that's probably just one of those things that would get the developers lynched if they didn't, and may kill a funding source, that being advertising for Ruger's new weapons.

it would be nice to have had some of the ghosts wear a t-shirt or have their sleeves rolled up to the forearms. some of them could have had the other variant of the cross comm helmet or we could have a choice of wearing either 3 color desert, ACU, or multicam uniforms. it is only making the team members look like individuals and the 360 showed this. it would not have been hard or cost extra money to make it. hell, we got guys making quality stuff here for free with limited tools and support, but you are trying to convince me that a company can't do it? makes no sense.

It's not that they can't, it's that they are given a limited time to do things and have to give everything a priority. The priority of character customization isn't very high up there. I have to admit that even just being able to select my camo (especially in MP) would be VERY nice though.

Character customization is left over for the modders by GRIN. Not a bad idea, that way we get/can make what we want. Though it would be nice if the individual characters were more distinct. And especcially the OPFOR.

Edited by Toniezz

Character customization is left over for the modders by GRIN. Not a bad idea, that way we get/can make what we want. Though it would be nice if the individual characters were more distinct. And especcially the OPFOR.

Only problem there is no way of distributing & activating the MODS DoH :wall: So it's a bit of a NONE STARTER

Only problem there is no way of distributing & activating the MODS DoH :wall: So it's a bit of a NONE STARTER
I am not really sure what you are saying here but, skin modding will still be possible in GRAW2 as in GRAW1, right? The only trick is to create more distinct gear on the individual Ghosts (characters) and OPFOR (ie. creating 'new' characters). You say that isn't possible on forhand without having seen the modding tools? An in-game interface for activating and de-activating mods should really be in there TMHO. Absolutely.

Again I am not really sure what you meant by your reply, so please don't take this the wrong way :thumbsup:

people who have played the console version knows exactly what i'm talking about. the character models of the ghosts are too bland and they look too much alike in SP. in MP, you do not have the freedom to choose the camo you want or be allowed to wear different helmets and gear. all the models would be made by GRIN, so the tactical look would still be there and you would not have to worry about seeing a guy in a pink thong running around on the map. the 360 version had many diffent choices of headgear and faces based off of 4 chr models. you could only change the face and helmet of your character. i don't like the futuristic look of the ghosts and i prefer to have my character wear what we use today or at least have a choice.

i can live with it in SP (even though i hate it), but not having the models available in MP is simply ridiculous and i don't want to hear about budget, timeframes, or all that other crap. it is just simply adding new chr models and if they want the community to do it (which runs the risk of seeing the pink thong), they need to release the tools with the game. guys, it is just simple models of what we wear today. they only need to change the helmet and take away the shoulder pad, not a lot of work.

Edited by bugkill