RvA (Recon v Assault) ranks (on/off) ?

Siege FTW ! I hope itll be done properly in GRAW2 !
I think Siege will be done in GRAW 2 by modders like no one has ever seen before. Because with GRAW 2, you can have Siege with an objective, rather than just an area. So, a Siege win could be to take out 1 ADAT, or it could be to capture and blow a bridge, or who knows what else the mad geniuses around here will come up with.

I'm not too sure that could be done due to how the game mode is made and how the editor lets you do things. Point in example: HamburgerHill is the only mode where "efx_hh_zone_smoke" (the coloured smoke for the hill), can be used. When used in other modes it does not work.

Therefore the ADAT objective you may find is none functioning in any mode but RvA along with anything else that is special to any mode, siege box for siege only not for domination etc etc... trust me... been there.

I'm not too sure that could be done due to how the game mode is made and how the editor lets you do things. Point in example: HamburgerHill is the only mode where "efx_hh_zone_smoke" (the coloured smoke for the hill), can be used. When used in other modes it does not work.

Therefore the ADAT objective you may find is none functioning in any mode but RvA along with anything else that is special to any mode, siege box for siege only not for domination etc etc... trust me... been there.

Let me clarify, although I'm nothing to do with Grin, I've stripped back coded script and other things and unless you decompile the main game, no new mode can be made from the supplied mode, the main game engine drives this and not a secret script.

What you suggest is not clear but sounds like 1x ADAT RvA which is not siege, no doubt the game will support multiple AdAT'S in RvA but not as a objective in a siege like scenario. I know Grin can not comment, but I spent alot of time with editor 1 and editor 2 is editor 1 with more features enabled/ added, it's not a recreation, I guarantee it I saw the modules !

If I'm wrong I will make a map called "Cangaroo" especially

^ Lemme see if I can find the comment upon which my hope is based.

Let me clarify, although I'm nothing to do with Grin, I've stripped back coded script and other things and unless you decompile the main game, no new mode can be made from the supplied mode, the main game engine drives this and not a secret script.

What you suggest is not clear but sounds like 1x ADAT RvA which is not siege, no doubt the game will support multiple AdAT'S in RvA but not as a objective in a siege like scenario. I know Grin can not comment, but I spent alot of time with editor 1 and editor 2 is editor 1 with more features enabled/ added, it's not a recreation, I guarantee it I saw the modules !

If I'm wrong I will make a map called "Cangaroo" especially

I've had a little think "Cangaroo" and I think with a little luck from Grins editor, you may get something very close to what your talking about. Here goes, you want a siege like mode where an ADAT becomes equivalent to the siege box. Well the good news is, if GRIN & GRINS EDITOR allows the defining of the C4 explosive plant time, then you may have it. If the C4 plant can be extended to what ever, (ie: 30 seconds) then this will become a kind of siege scenario. The plant time of the C4 becomes the Siege timer.....

Arrh well you may have it yet?

I think if your rank would accumulate as long as you stay on the server would be ok instead of resetting every 6 or so rounds depending on the server settings. I love the RvsA mode but it can get kind of annoying having to rank back up a few times.

I think if your rank would accumulate as long as you stay on the server would be ok instead of resetting every 6 or so rounds depending on the server settings. I love the RvsA mode but it can get kind of annoying having to rank back up a few times.

One can compare with Enemy Territory. The map cycle was most often 6 maps, 30 minutes on each map. As you often started in the middle of a cycle you got a couple of training maps before you could start in earnest on a new cycle. That gave you 3 hours warmed up game play without having to start over with a new rank, and that is sufficient time for a usual evening.

So what I am saying is that the IRL time you keep your rank is important, I am not saying that GRAW II should have longer matches, but keeping rank for about 3 hours or so would be nice, and also some time to play on the higher ranks would be nice too. I have only reached full rank in GRAW II on a 8 match cycle and when I reached it I just had part of one match left to play.

well i repeat my post from an other Thread :

IMO its a good thing to have those kits! Because its well balanced and stops nadespamming all the way that ruined the GRAW MP experience. You have to earn better ranks to access better kits.

I mean who would not put a scope and a GL on his weapon if that would be possible?

Its great that we are restricted to use standard arms at the beginning, so they get a usage ingame.

Don't misunderstand the thread, I'm not against fixed kits, but just the addition of having the ability to switch them off, if required server side. Then all server have the choice to play the configuration that suits best. It's all about choice :thumbsup:

I wonder about ranks. Sounds as if a console feature was included with the PC version after all. Now someone can join a server with everyone ranked above said gamer and be at a disadvantage compared to those who have been on the server longer.

GRIN, please rethink such a thing.

WK, in their current implementation, you can ascend the ranks pretty quickly. Heck you can get the first 2 or 3 without getting kills directly in 2 or 3 rounds if you do things like tagging or de-tagging and your team wins a round.

I would also say, that the weapon disadvantage isn't that great for the most part. I know some people play with lower ranks depending on the kit because they prefer the weapon for that rank.

What people are asking is to let everyone either start with the highest rank or let ranks be persistent while they play on that server - kind of a reward for playing for a while in the server.