Playing an SP game over...

1. Ghost Recon = To many times to remember. 2. Raven Shield and both expansions = 3X's 3. Far Cry = 3X's 4. Serious Sam I & II = 2X's 5. S.O.A.F. = 2X :D Crysis will also get replayed a few times. :yes:

I played Raven Shield quite a bit as well. It took me a while to warm up to the planning, but once I did it was quite a challenge to make it through with all of your guys alive. The only problem was that you had to "plan" for stupid AI, like getting stuck or not checking a corner, etc. Still a lot of fun.

I always dreamed that they could make the planning phase in the R6 games super streamlined and smooth. Almost like a 3d application, but fun! Make the planning like a mini game within a game and less people would be turned off by it. It'd also have to be less clunky. Graphics like the "mission briefs" in Cod4, just blue or yellow, simple 3d, but stylistic. It would almost be like a real-time stratagey game or something. Easier said then done.

• 4 weeks later...

There are some very old SP games that I played religiously. Red Storm Rising, M1 Tank Platoon, Gunship 2000 and Wings on Amiga. X-COM series, Harpoon, Fleet Command, M1 Tank Platoon 2 and Aces Over Europe/Pacific.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Gawd! You must be my age! I can beat your wings for a moldy oldy- EMPIRE!! I actually found it on the net last year and resumed playing it in W95 compatibility mode (DOS, ya know?) Amiga was my first comp (You never forget your first), $350, NO ram, NO HDD, ran everything off 3.5 floppies. Remember the old Cinemaware titles? A couple are actually still around!

Anyhoo, my list:

GRAW (I like to experiment with tactics)- ALL at least twice

GRAW 2- about to start go-round #2

SWAT3 and 4- Try to NOT kill anybody (It's much harder now)

System Shock 2 (4 times)- Still hoping for System Shock 3

Deus Ex- 3 times, Invisible War twice

BIA Series 2-3 each

MOH Series twice

FEAR- on my third time right now.

STALKER- one continuous round-about game for about 6 months.

My all-time faves are Deus Ex and System Shock 2- great melding of RPG and FPS elements, plus A LOT to explore anew. Too bad no game (not even Half Life) has even come close to the richness of environment to explore in a less linear way. <_<

Edited by MFHorn63

Gawd! You must be my age! I can beat your wings for a moldy oldy- EMPIRE!! I actually found it on the net last year and resumed playing it in W95 compatibility mode (DOS, ya know?) Amiga was my first comp (You never forget your first), $350, NO ram, NO HDD, ran everything off 3.5 floppies. Remember the old Cinemaware titles? A couple are actually still around!

Anyhoo, my list:

GRAW (I like to experiment with tactics)- ALL at least twice

GRAW 2- about to start go-round #2

SWAT3 and 4- Try to NOT kill anybody (It's much harder now)

System Shock 2 (4 times)- Still hoping for System Shock 3

Deus Ex- 3 times, Invisible War twice

BIA Series 2-3 each

MOH Series twice

FEAR- on my third time right now.

STALKER- one continuous round-about game for about 6 months.

My all-time faves are Deus Ex and System Shock 2- great melding of RPG and FPS elements, plus A LOT to explore anew. Too bad no game (not even Half Life) has even come close to the richness of environment to explore in a less linear way. <_<

I'm actually so old I've fallen into the "everything was better in the good old days" crowd...

My first computer was a Lambda, using a generic tape recorder to store programs. Most games weren't loaded though. You got a sheet of paper and programmed it on the spot...

Commodore 64 was followed by the Amiga, still the best gaming computer ever made. Imagine an Amiga with today's horsepower: It would blow anything away IMHO.

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: Try out the X-COM games if you haven't yet. Turn-based, but extremely good gameplay.

Commodore 64 was followed by the Amiga, still the best gaming computer ever made. Imagine an Amiga with today's horsepower: It would blow anything away IMHO.

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: Try out the X-COM games if you haven't yet. Turn-based, but extremely good gameplay.

A few of the old Amiga classics are coming back too - Speedball is already back (Speedball 2 on PC) and I read in the same article in a PC mag that a new version of Chaos Engine may be coming to the PC. Special activated! If I could choose one Amiga game to be brought over to the PC (with current age graphics etc) then it would be Chaos Engine.

A new fully 3D version of Alien Breed was due on on the Playstation a few years back but it got cancelled. Which was a shame. Welcome to intex system!

I say bring back the Amiga rave scene. Encase you haven't realised, I was brought up on the Amiga through my childhood. "Way through, way through!" - Superfrog

Edited by WytchDokta

A few of the old Amiga classics are coming back too - Speedball is already back (Speedball 2 on PC) and I read in the same article in a PC mag that a new version of Chaos Engine may be coming to the PC. Special activated! If I could choose one Amiga game to be brought over to the PC (with current age graphics etc) then it would be Chaos Engine.

A new fully 3D version of Alien Breed was due on on the Playstation a few years back but it got cancelled. Which was a shame. Welcome to intex system!

I say bring back the Amiga rave scene. Encase you haven't realised, I was brought up on the Amiga through my childhood. "Way through, way through!" - Superfrog

Don't forget the almighty micromachines!

:thumbsup:

I always dreamed that they could make the planning phase in the R6 games super streamlined and smooth. Almost like a 3d application, but fun! Make the planning like a mini game within a game and less people would be turned off by it. It'd also have to be less clunky. Graphics like the "mission briefs" in Cod4, just blue or yellow, simple 3d, but stylistic. It would almost be like a real-time stratagey game or something. Easier said then done.

Man, I'll second that. I even made a small mission plans package for RvSh.

http://www.agr-s.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1056

:D

• 2 weeks later...

well I play many of mine over n over, maybe cause I'm poor?? I played AVP2 over n over as all three chrs...PAINKILLER n BoH over n over going for the 5 Star Challenges...Jeez, Ghost Recon for the obvious splendor..and GRAW1 three times, HL2, Ep1, and yes Ep2, and yet again, F.EA.R. cause its F.E.A.R....plus Extraction Point, waiting for Project Origin to do the same with...BIA and the sequel and waiting for the next chapters...so many like that even Q4...but not really PREY seen enough of that Id thing cause I've played D3 and RoE several times...and I'm back in the Zone for the umpteenth time simply cause I love running around in that world...can't wait for Clear Sky...did I mention Far Cry???

Oh yea, me too WD...pathetic yernings for PC FPS gaming humor..I look carefully through the mods and dl those and try to find that one that makes the game a didfferent experience and fun to keep playing....

ya know I never really think of it as beating the game more like surviving it, when I get to high diff levels its more like Strelok said, to paraphrase him...I made it......

mig :ph34r:

I've just played through the Orange Box again. Best story of any video game! I just hope that the last game in the series (probably Ep3) really IS the last game in the series, so that they don't make yet another sequel just to gain a few extra cash, like Bungie (I've heard they'll be making Halo 4).

Oh my God :blink:

Reading through this brought back waves of nostalgia, remembering titles such as WINGS, WIZBALL, SPEEDBALL, XENON MEGABLAST and the classic LAST NINJA sent me on a mission and guess what.

For all those OLD Amiga fans (I started on the ZX80 and moved through em all, ZX81, ORIC, C16, C32, C64, Spectrum, Amiga and ST etc) I found this site.

UnExoticA

It contains almost all of the music from all of the games I remember.

I downloaded DeliPlayer 2 to play the .lha files, great little utility.

Enjoy... I did :whistle:

For all those OLD Amiga fans (I started on the ZX80 and moved through em all, ZX81, ORIC, C16, C32, C64, Spectrum, Amiga and ST etc) I found this site.

UnExoticA

It contains almost all of the music from all of the games I remember.

I downloaded DeliPlayer 2 to play the .lha files, great little utility.

Enjoy... I did :whistle:

Or better yet, get an Amiga emulator then acquire some of the Amiga rave productions. They even had underground events at the time in which they'd play their Amiga rave productions (which were usually a multitude of different tracks mixed together, some were like various parts of 15-20 tracks put together in one composition going on for more than 20 minutes.

Ahhhhhhh, the good old days.

"Special activated, first aid!" ~ Preacher, from Chaos Engine