StarCraft 2 is now reality

The FAQ says no, and I doubt they'd risk a change that big on the second game, with their fanbase as it is. I call T rating, in the end -- WC3 was quite bloody, and got by fine with it's colorful art style. It'll be harder for them to distribute a higher rated game overseas, with some other countries as they are about those things.

The FAQ says no, and I doubt they'd risk a change that big on the second game, with their fanbase as it is. I call T rating, in the end -- WC3 was quite bloody, and got by fine with it's colorful art style. It'll be harder for them to distribute a higher rated game overseas, with some other countries as they are about those things.

WC3 had very little blood, and it only stayed on screen for a few seconds.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/img_4560199.html

How is that NOT a M rating? CoH has less blood and has a M rating.

I bet that blood will stay on screen for only a few seconds, just like in WC3.

Seem to me they are doing a remake of SC1. Not exactly a bad thing, but AoE3 was never as successful as AoE2. And C&C3 was never as successful as RA2. With detailed RTS games with lots of depth in strategy, like CoH, M2TW and Supreme Commander (I think), then StarCraft 2 might seem a little... old.

We'll see though.

EDIT: Gameplay videos at Gametrailers.

Edited by Hockeystick

Seem to me they are doing a remake of SC1. Not exactly a bad thing, but AoE3 was never as successful as AoE2. And C&C3 was never as successful as RA2.

That is likely the most wise choice Blizzard could make. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Wish other companies (yes, you Ubisoft <_< ) would learn this.

FAQ says they are trying to get a "T" rating

http://starcraft2.com/faq.xml

What will StarCraft II's rating be?

We are aiming for a T-rating in the US, and similar ratings elsewhere in the world, but those details won't be finalized until we get closer to release.

Seem to me they are doing a remake of SC1. Not exactly a bad thing, but AoE3 was never as successful as AoE2. And C&C3 was never as successful as RA2.

That is likely the most wise choice Blizzard could make. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Wish other companies (yes, you Ubisoft <_< ) would learn this.

FAQ says they are trying to get a "T" rating

http://starcraft2.com/faq.xml

What will StarCraft II's rating be?

We are aiming for a T-rating in the US, and similar ratings elsewhere in the world, but those details won't be finalized until we get closer to release.

My computer might not be broken but that doesn't mean it got the best hardware.

SC2 could use some serious improvements, like the cover feature in CoH. Otherwise it will only be, tank vs man, man vs slimeboll etc etc. Fans might like it of course, but will the majority like it as well? It might just seem a little old, just like AoE3 and C&C3. After all, StarCraft wasn't perfect.

Edited by Hockeystick

WC3 had very little blood, and it only stayed on screen for a few seconds.

No, man. A couple of the undead weapons (and creatures) would explode, and carpet an entire area. I was just playing a few weeks ago.

Hokeystick, that's like comparing Half Life and ghost recon. While I happen to agree with you that COH is more interesting to me, personally, SC is a very different (and, if you trust most people, better) game.

I've always wonderd why Blizzard never made this sooner. I've been waiting for a StarCraft II, or some sort of new SC game for a LONG time. What I'd REALLY like, is a World of StarCraft. I've tried World of Warcraft and it was ok... but I think a StarCraft version would be way better, and i'd be more willing to hand over that $15 a month or whatever it was for WoW. Either way, I can't waite to get my hands on StarCraft II. Gotta love those Blizzard CG movies after every couple missions. Hell, thats probably the reason I played Single Player most of the time was just to watch those CG movies.

I'm just saying that it might be "too old" for lots of players. Age of Empires 3 is "old" and C&C3 is also "old", if you know what I'm mean ;)

These "old" games seem critically acclaimed and very popular, despite offering nothing new in terms of gameplay. So, Starcraft2 will probably get high scores, and sell more then all Relic games combined. I myself wasn't really impressed by Starcraft's gameplay back then, so I'd have preferred something new - the story kept me playing in the original.

Apart from the story, I'm becoming less and less interested in these "old" RTSs.

EDIT: But you know what, even then I appreciate them keeping it the same. I wish ubi could've done the same with the Tom Clancy franchise games...

Edited by Malleus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check this out about SC2 at BlizzCon

http://www.sclegacy.com/showthread.php?t=2888

August 2nd, 2007 The First Ever Blizzard RTS Community Summit.

Blizzard is evolving; the StarCraft Community is evolving. And for the first time we're working together. Thirteen of the largest, most active, and most promising SC and WC3 sites were flown out to California to attend the RTS Community Summit and Blizzcon. The day was filled with awesome events starting with breakfast with the RTS Community Managers (including Karune). We toured the Blizzard offices in Irvine and met several of the SC2 devs and Samwise, played StarCraft II (YES!), had lunch with Dustin Bowder, Rob Pardo, and the Lead Balance Designer Pillars, toured the convention center, and really formed more of a community bond.

We're excited to announce that the community is forming a more permanent and official relationship with Blizzard and the other fansites. There will be some really exciting things in the future. The only thing I can tell you right now is that we're now a more official way to get your questions, suggestions, and concerns to the developers. You are the hardcore SC gamers and we're here to help create a great SCII.

Ubisoft should take notes from Blizzard about how to work with their fan base.

Check this out about SC2 at BlizzCon

http://www.sclegacy.com/showthread.php?t=2888

August 2nd, 2007 The First Ever Blizzard RTS Community Summit.

Blizzard is evolving; the StarCraft Community is evolving. And for the first time we're working together. Thirteen of the largest, most active, and most promising SC and WC3 sites were flown out to California to attend the RTS Community Summit and Blizzcon. The day was filled with awesome events starting with breakfast with the RTS Community Managers (including Karune). We toured the Blizzard offices in Irvine and met several of the SC2 devs and Samwise, played StarCraft II (YES!), had lunch with Dustin Bowder, Rob Pardo, and the Lead Balance Designer Pillars, toured the convention center, and really formed more of a community bond.

We're excited to announce that the community is forming a more permanent and official relationship with Blizzard and the other fansites. There will be some really exciting things in the future. The only thing I can tell you right now is that we're now a more official way to get your questions, suggestions, and concerns to the developers. You are the hardcore SC gamers and we're here to help create a great SCII.

Ubisoft should take notes from Blizzard about how to work with their fan base.

Nice find, interesting.

Well, I finally finished the original Starcraft single player campaign 10 years after the game came out. I've been mostly playing SC multiplayer, but I was inspired to play through the story after SC2 was announced in May. So for the last 2 months, I;ve been casually playing through the whole preview and SC campaign - now on to Brood War!

The last mission in SC1 wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be ... 7 battle cruisers and 7 carriers (fully upgraded of course) from both sides did the trick ...

Any hoo, lots of great info from last weekend's BlizzCon. My fave vids (including SP preview, Terran preview, and Lore panel) were captured by GameSpot here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcr...tag=tabs;videos

Also good interview with Chris Sigaty, Starcraft II’s lead producer here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....1400.43913.htm