New screens..not scans

ghost627

I am very excited about this feature.time of day with a dynamic weather system is a huge for replayablilty.

as long as they don't script it to always be the same you could play through a mission one time at night with rain or the middle of the day with heat waves... or thick fog.... or snow? (lol in mexico?)

maybe once you play through the mission once it gets unlocked then you can replay at your choice of time and weather?

here is the real question though. does multiplayer have dynamic time of day and weather? hopefully.

It didn't seem like the shadows moved much (especially around the building). It would be great if the time of day created different shadows not just a brighter or darker scene.

It would be great to see the shadow someone was using as cover slowly disapear or having glare impact a sniper when hewas not expecting it.

In BF2 I am sure it is a server admin setting, you can specify a factor by which time progresses, i.e. 1:1 would mean realtime, 2:1 would mean that time passes (with respect to the movement of the sun) twice as fast as normal.

Who knows how it will be implememnted in GRAW2 though.

This is a great feature!

This is something I wanted to see in GR2 (before we knew what gr2 was) I really wanted this and weather effects that changed over time. If we can set time of day for maps in MP play, it will create more replay value, as well as hopefully put an end to the "clear" maps in GR1. (hate those maps!)

Im excited for it this!

This would be a nice feature.

I know that in Operation Flashpoint some of the missions can take more than half an hour, and sometimes if you are being extra careful in planning etc... then it can take over an hour. The interesting thing is that not only will the sunrise if the mission starts near dawn, so that you can lose your cover of darkness, but also clouds can roll in and it can start to rain and throw off your plans to snipe from a long distance out.

These type of features really do add a lot to the game.