Are claymores realistic?

Sairus

I used it in defense or falling back in Desert maps before against AI, but never against people in open maps.

Usually claymore works good in MBC.

Its too bad that theres no anti-personell mine i know of that spreads all around in all directions that is clacker detonated.

Edited by Foxtrot360

I used it in defense or falling back in Desert maps before against AI, but never against people in open maps.

Usually claymore works good in MBC.

Its too bad that theres no anti-personell mine i know of that spreads all around in all directions that is clacker detonated.

As I said before, in my British Infantry mod the claymore is replaced by the Elise Anti Personal Mine which you can clacker in game (thou not in real life) an its an all round blast, quite big too. No need for it to be facing a patrol just as long as they walk near it. :devil:

I used to use the claymore to take out the truck in the third or fourth mission. I can't even remember how many times I used to set up the perfect ambush for that truck. Good times.

Ive found personally that stopping the truck with the claymore is a waste of a good bit of explosive power, which is what I used to do. So today I loaded it up an put the claymore on the side of the road, then as the truck passed I set my teams to suppress, the truck stops an they all pile out an I hit the clacker killing a much higher percentage of them. Damn good weapon I say shame the game doesnt have more use for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I totally agree El_Davido! The Claymore is totally overlooked in GR - I have never used it in the original missions.

It should be possible to mount them with trip wires as in real life. Then I think they would be more used!

I haven't been trained on the Claymore in real life but I think it is possible to connect several mines on one clacker. Now that would make a great ambush :D

I totally agree El_Davido! The Claymore is totally overlooked in GR - I have never used it in the original missions.

It should be possible to mount them with trip wires as in real life. Then I think they would be more used!

I haven't been trained on the Claymore in real life but I think it is possible to connect several mines on one clacker. Now that would make a great ambush :D

In Metal Gear Solid 2, I would always daisy chain almost 6 or 7 claymores together, and as soon as the enemy soldiers looking for me would get close, I'd shoot out the back one, and make the whole thing go up. 4 heavily armored guards dead in an instant. Good times.

I used clays to kills bad guys jumping out of trucks, such as in castle night mission, i used to quickly put a clay on the ground, then switch soldier and kill teh driver, and once soldiers were out, make them explode.

Other use was to put claymores in some small paths, shoot in the air, and use them with the 3/4 soldiers passing by it.

Anyway, no great use in multiplayer (team, solo, ecc...). Frags are always best. And with some pratice, ull learnt to throw frags on trucks while they are passing by ur guys.

Many mods put the Impact grenades, that were pretty usefull and often better than GL.

Chems, I remember your mine, and really loved it!

The shame of mines is that u cant destroy tanks with them, and script dont recognise them. Only demo charges...

• 2 weeks later...