mod - The Great Patriotic War

Variable13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all ! :)

The link in the download section seems to be broken :angry: : il leads only to the home page of Filefront. :wall:

I've been searching for the mod in the FileFronts database, without any success. :hmm:

So, I've been reporting the broken link to Rocky (at Ghost Recon.net) :zorro: , who answered me he would try and find the mod. :thumbsup:

We just have to wait and see ! ;)

Yes, what has happened here, is the mod author uploaded this mod to Filefront himself, it is not in the GR.net file account.

The problem with that unfortunately is that now and again filefront remove files that have not been downloaded in 'x' amount of weeks, they do give you a warning first and the opportunity to keep the file "alive" though, and that is a process I go through every few weeks. I can't do this for files I did not upload though :wall:

I am having a spot of bother finding the mod elsewhere, annoyingly I have the patch and a winter addon for it, but no campaign :wall:

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the help on the filefront issue, Rocky. I hope all is well with the mod... please let me know if there are any more issues, and I will check this forum more often now that summer is over!

I have created a few missions where roles are reversed, where you play the German side against the Russians - similar mission settings but totally different weapons, vehicles, objectives, etc. I'm thinking of uploading it soon, along with a couple other shorter (6-8 mission) German campaigns. I'll keep you all updated...

• 3 months later...

OK, here I pledge myself guilty :( as, in more than one year sinced the release, I never tried this mod. :wall:

Well, I hope it's not too late to say that this mod is absolutely wonderful, maybe just few little details here and there not perfectly ok but overall an astonishing result.

I would gave it easily a 9/10. :thumbsup:

I made a smaller (7 mission) mod right after that one, pitting you as Germany against the Allies in the battle of the bulge, but haven't fine-tuned it enough to post it yet... I'll try to get around to it over vacation here.

Sounds good. :yes: