Server blocked by players not readying up

I am getting hacked off with players joining a server and then not readying up and so effectively blocking the game for everyone else. This has happened to many times to be funny anymore and without a effective way of kicking them so we all have to leave the server. Has any one got a suggestion to remedy this we have tried to kick them but it is either not working or other players are not aware of how to do it. I have persevered with this game through out all its faults but this is getting beyond a joke. :wall:

One more thing to add. You must have voting enabled on the server. If you are the admin check your server settings.

Here are some setting to take note of:

<vote_enabled value=â€true†/>

This setting determines if players are allowed to start either a vote kick against other players or a map vote to change the round. Set to false if you do not want players to have the ability to kick other players or change the current map.

<vote_kick_starters value=â€3†/>

This setting determines the number of vote kicks that a player can start per round. Default is 1. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. 1-60 valid.

<vote_map_starters value=â€3†/>

This setting determines the number of map votes that a player can start per round. Default is 1. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. 1-60 valid.

<vote_ratio value=â€50†/>

This setting determines the percentage or ration that is required for a vote to pass. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. Default is 70. If you are having problems with players not being able to pass votes, then it is recommended to lower the setting to 50 or 60. 30-100 valid.

<vote_time value=â€30†/>

This setting determines the length of time in seconds a vote lasts. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. Default is 10. It is recommended to increase this setting to 20 or 30 if you have voting enabled on the servers as that most players do nor or cannot get the hang of voting in 10 seconds. 10-60 valid.

You can also modify these setting from the ingame console. Just make sure to issue a /save_settings command followed by a /reload command to make them active. The reload will restart the current round BTW.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

I am getting hacked off with players joining a server and then not readying up and so effectively blocking the game for everyone else. This has happened to many times to be funny anymore and without a effective way of kicking them so we all have to leave the server. Has any one got a suggestion to remedy this we have tried to kick them but it is either not working or other players are not aware of how to do it. I have persevered with this game through out all its faults but this is getting beyond a joke. :wall:

If it's your server then /set_start_condition 4 ( which is start when 2 players are ready)

If it's not your server, leave and find one that is a) playing and b) starts when 2 are ready, all the laggers will ready up once they see the match starting and if not then, their waste of time....

Also vote for kick if vote is enabled, or if it's your server /kill #(x) to kill the player off or kick via admin rights......even /start to force start....

have fun find a better server

I am getting hacked off with players joining a server and then not readying up and so effectively blocking the game for everyone else.

[GR] had the optional auto-timer (which could be turned on on the fly) which got the game started no matter what.

I've argued on the beta forum (now gone???) for incorporating that feature in GRAW, as the current server tools obviously fall short, or are too time consuming, unreliable (afk kick) or complicated to handle (voting process which never works on servers with a lot of players, especially since the voting involves not just clicking a single buttom anymore, as compared with [GR])...

And by auto-timer in GRAW, I mean an optional count-down timer (eg which starts at 30 sec, 45 sec, or 1 min etc) that allow players that are ready to spawn when the timer reaches zero. Note, the ones that are not ready or are afk would still remain in lobby/inventory until the 'forced-spawn' timer (which is something different) triggered by game start, forces them to spawn in, or if they 'wake up' and click the start button (as usual).

An optional auto-timer would make it possible to leave non-admined servers for 'all to ready up'...(which is currently not the case)

I am getting hacked off with players joining a server and then not readying up and so effectively blocking the game for everyone else.

[GR] had the optional auto-timer (which could be turned on on the fly) which got the game started no matter what.

I've argued on the beta forum (now gone???) for incorporating that feature in GRAW, as the current server tools obviously fall short, or are too time consuming, unreliable (afk kick) or complicated to handle (voting process which never works on servers with a lot of players, especially since the voting involves not just clicking a single buttom anymore, as compared with [GR])...

And by auto-timer in GRAW, I mean an optional count-down timer (eg which starts at 30 sec, 45 sec, or 1 min etc) that allow players that are ready to spawn when the timer reaches zero. Note, the ones that are not ready or are afk would still remain in lobby/inventory until the 'forced-spawn' timer (which is something different) triggered by game start, forces them to spawn in, or if they 'wake up' and click the start button (as usual).

An optional auto-timer would make it possible to leave non-admined servers for 'all to ready up'...(which is currently not the case)

Or... let us change the match start time from 5 seconds. They effectively we will have an auto timer. We can set it to 1 from each team to ready up, and as soon as that happens you have 30 seconds (that is what i would set it at When an admin isn't there) before the match starts to pick your weapon. That way the server isn't looping all day when no one is in, but when someone readys, everyone gets 30 seconds to pick a weapon. GRin is this a possible fix??

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Or... let us change the match start time from 5 seconds. They effectively we will have an auto timer. We can set it to 1 from each team to ready up, and as soon as that happens you have 30 seconds (that is what i would set it at When an admin isn't there) before the match starts to pick your weapon. That way the server isn't looping all day when no one is in, but when someone readys, everyone gets 30 seconds to pick a weapon. GRin is this a possible fix??

The server does not need to loop with autotimer. I'm sure a programer could make it so that the auto-timer requires 1 player (coop) or 2 players (t vs t) to activate it, if it is enabled.

But... Yep :thumbsup: I think your suggestion would work (as a quick workaround) but still less flexible than auto-timer if the change you suggest is not customizable (free choice of delay time).

EDIT: It would also require that:

1) After the game is launched, any click on the ready button would have the normal (5 sec) delay

2) When server is set up for 'all to ready up' (matching etc), it would also have the normal (5 sec) delay

Thanks guys, the problem I,ve allways found is that with the present set up that each player can only elect to vote to kick someone once and then you are barred from doing again, so that if all the players do not vote yes or can,t vote becuase they don,t know how to then the blocking player stays on, oblivious to the frustration he is causing. Having a timer like in [GR] would be a nice touch as it would speed things along, so instead of looking at a pale blue screen all night with players asking" how do I vote yes" we can get on with playing. :D

The server admin needs to up the number of votes that a player can start and secondly they need to increase the time from 10 seconds to say 30 or 40. Both can be done via console commands or editing the xml config file manually. :

Vote related XML Settings:

<vote_enabled value=â€true†/>

This setting determines if players are allowed to start either a vote kick against other players or a map vote to change the round. Set to false if you do not want players to have the ability to kick other players or change the current map.

<vote_kick_starters value=â€3†/>

This setting determines the number of vote kicks that a player can start per round. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. 1-60 valid.

<vote_map_starters value=â€3†/>

This setting determines the number of map votes that a player can start per round. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. 1-60 valid.

<vote_ratio value=â€50†/>

This setting determines the percentage or ration that is required for a vote to pass. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. Default is 70. If you are having problems with players not being able to pass votes, then it is recommended to lower the setting to 50 or 60. 30-100 valid.

<vote_time value=â€30†/>

This setting determines the length of time in seconds a vote lasts. It is only used if vote_enabled value is true. Default is 10. It is recommended to increase this setting to 20 or 30 if you have voting enabled on the servers as that most players do nor or cannot get the hang of voting in 10 seconds. 10-60 valid.