Right Hand's 8 Days Missions

KRP 56

Just about finished up and hope to get this out this week for your enjoyment. :pokerface: Or not for your enjoyment if you get shot full of holes. :support: Best when played with no threat indicator and no quick saves. :wall: Of course one of the biggest challenges is trying to see how many or your original 6 soldiers survive through the entire campaign and that's a tall order with Right Hand's missions. :devil:

Just sent the finished campaign to GiWeDa for uploading. :yes: Shouldn't be long before you can give it a try. The Modifications Text mentions the things we worked on to finish up this mod so give it a look. :smart: In the mod you'll get 8 Days as a campaign and the 2 Island Thunder missions playable in quick mission. One note about the Island Thunder missions as told to me by Right Hand - R01 Frantic was a work in progress that he still wanted to fine tune but never got around to doing it. Still fun and playable just the same. R02 Export was what he stated as his best mission scripting ever done. That's saying a whole lot with some of the great missions he scripted. You decide as it is much different than his other missions. You stealth people will love it. :thumbsup: To Right Hand where ever you are. Many thanks for the fun you've given us, as were still having a blast with your missions. :support:

Edited by KRP 56

Hope everyone's having fun with this as much as I have. Rail Raid would have been a big loss if it hadn't been made playable. :yes: Stuff like this is what Ghost Recon is all about not the flavor of the month,wow graphics,one hero,poor mission modibility type of games that seem to have taken hold of the Ghost Recon name. :( RSE needs to chuck UBI and get back to what made them great to start with. :yes: I know that's not going to happen but nothing wrong with wishful thinking or me hitting the lottery and starting my own company and putting some of the talented modders we have here to work on a project worth crowing about. :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...

Good day. Got some problems on Mission 8d8 - Rail Raid.. I lose my demo man, I get the message , You can replenish your inventory! Check your map! Thats good I can replenish my invetory, but it doesn't help me If I don't have no other demo man equip with demo charges, I can not complete the Objective 3. Neutralize Tent Camp.

This is my mistake and I beg your pardon. Originally, as scripted by Right Hand, the objective was only optional X but being the last mission of the campaign KRP56 and I agreed that it was nonsense.

There were 2 possibilities:

1) to have mission failed in case you run out of demos (and rockets)

2) to give the possibility to the player to find demos and rockets somewhere in the map.

The second one was what we've chosen it but I script it badly and we didn't test it properly in game. Only my fault.

How do you want me to modify the mission? Any other bugs you found?

Hey again.. these are only suggestions, please don't take it as demands. I think theres 2 possible ways it could be done, 1: if there is no demo charges left to complete obj 3, then mission should be failed or 2: use the other warehouse for an demo charge kit pick up. Also forgive me for not saying ty to u, mig, krp, and of course rh.. Any more mission mods u lads touching up ??

:rolleyes: Nice to see this mod revived a few of the team have been playing it tonite and its great :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys

Whats next for a MODOVER lol

Edit** Just read the post about The greatest mods that never wear. maybe you guys should try and contact thoes ppl and take the mods over ;) lol

Hey again.. these are only suggestions, please don't take it as demands. I think theres 2 possible ways it could be done, 1: if there is no demo charges left to complete obj 3, then mission should be failed or 2: use the other warehouse for an demo charge kit pick up. Also forgive me for not saying ty to u, mig, krp, and of course rh.. Any more mission mods u lads touching up ??

Practically you quoted what I posted earlier.

I would go for option 1, mission would be very hard but since it's the last mission of the campaign you could accept it.

I'm going to wait if there are other few bugs, it will be very easy to fix it.

BTW you liked mission 7? :lol:

Good day. Got some problems on Mission 8d8 - Rail Raid.. I lose my demo man, I get the message , You can replenish your inventory! Check your map! Thats good I can replenish my invetory, but it doesn't help me If I don't have no other demo man equip with demo charges, I can not complete the Objective 3. Neutralize Tent Camp.

GiWeDa and I talked about that but it seems to have gotten jumbled up with a lot of the other things that needed fixed. GiWeDa can fix that easy enough. :yes: Mission 7! :o= Tough one that will really make you sweat it out. ;) Have you played the I.T. Export mission yet?

KRP56: did we put ravine mission as mission 7? I thought it was riverbed....

Yes it's the Ravine map. If you remember in one of Right Hand's Read Me's he mentioned that he was going to do a mission on the Ravine map. Since that may or may not have been the map he had in mind for mission 7 I thought it would be fitting to use it. He never really mentioned to me what he had in mind,if anything,for mission 7. :unsure: 8 Days Reloaded V1.1 sounds good to me GiWeDa. :thumbsup: Sorry about that guys. At least no one has found the CTD I could get on the roadblock mission. :ph34r: But if you do just don't kill enemy before their time comes. Not really a big problem as I must have played this mission about 12 X before I came across it. Reminds me of the shadow bug problem.

Edited by KRP 56

Practically you quoted what I posted earlier.

I would go for option 1, mission would be very hard but since it's the last mission of the campaign you could accept it.

I'm going to wait if there are other few bugs, it will be very easy to fix it.

In the pure spirit of Right-Hand scripts I went for option 1. Mission is modified but since the modification is so simple I would prefer to wait for few more comments otherways the real revision of this would be 10^-6 meaning 1.000001 :rofl: