How many players?

In less than 3 days 600 players have played in our dedicated server: stats

This mean:

• the last patch have been a success! :santa:

• it's summer and there are a lot of players: how many players will be next months?

• our server have no respawn and a lot of players love this kind of game :whistle:

I think after next patch the number of players will increase :thumbsup:

Good to hear. But you got a good connection on your server. I ping at about 62 from Sweden so I guess most of Europe can play pretty lagless on it.

Besides that, I lived in Rome the last Autumn so I am also glad to see the Italian chat being excanged.

Well there are some good servers about, AFZ, BPR, KFORF, GG, and so on, the best servers are mostly filled with players at local playing times, It is nice to have an EU/VS brawl in the AFZ server but ping comes in.... though I manage to stay alive for some time owning Us people is not possible. it would be nice to have a gameserver on Island, the Northpole or so so there's an equal match. The Ubiservers are mostly filled during after schooltimes with kids TK, spawncamping and stuff happen there, the dedi-clan servers are better looked after mostly so they wont stick.... occasionally there will eb a bored kid about but game's are good at average.

Edited by Forrester

You're just getting the casual people that play once or twice a week. I haven't seen anything over 200 people playing at a peak time.

http://www.cert-clan.com/graw.php

how many were you seeing before the patch? A number without a reference means little.

also does it rack up a visit for anyone that logs on or only for a unique visit from a single account. as in if i joined your server 5 times would it count as 1 join or 5 in your stats?

Well there are some good servers about, AFZ, BPR, KFORF, GG, and so on, the best servers are mostly filled with players at local playing times, It is nice to have an EU/VS brawl in the AFZ server but ping comes in.... though I manage to stay alive for some time owning Us people is not possible. it would be nice to have a gameserver on Island, the Northpole or so so there's an equal match. The Ubiservers are mostly filled during after schooltimes with kids TK, spawncamping and stuff happen there, the dedi-clan servers are better looked after mostly so they wont stick.... occasionally there will eb a bored kid about but game's are good at average.

Or we could ALL settle for crap ping and play that Japanese server I always see up. OR maybe talk one of our Aussie m8z into hooking it up. I think the intercontinental match night would ROCK! NA v EU v AS v AU v SA over the course of a weekend or two. Ah, the possibilities.....

And once again, AFZ BDA and WDA all run kickin' servers, to name a few...

You're just getting the casual people that play once or twice a week. I haven't seen anything over 200 people playing at a peak time.

http://www.cert-clan.com/graw.php

how many were you seeing before the patch? A number without a reference means little.

also does it rack up a visit for anyone that logs on or only for a unique visit from a single account. as in if i joined your server 5 times would it count as 1 join or 5 in your stats?

If you check the provided link in the OP you get the answer.

Our # hit 1265 last night.

CLick the provided link and then click on a name in the 1st 30 pages

http://www.attackforcez.com/Graw-Ladder/in...e=tdm&nav=1

Then click on played games by. It will show the last 5 maps. also when clicking on the name it will show how many total games that player played

Here is an example of me...

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...age=ServerStats

160 games.

Now lets look at Rabbi

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...age=ServerStats

11 games. Remember each game is 10 minutes long.

And WDA_SLAYER at #122 on the ladder has 21 GAMES

http://www.attackforcez.com/Graw-Ladder/in...&player=238

and last played yesterday.

also to add the that graw.php... that isn't total... that is current players.

you have about 275 people that have more than 200 points. that tells me that not many of those people are dedicated to the game.

how many did you have stopping by before this latest patch? Again a number without a reference means nothing.

and yeah that graw.php isn't total it's how many people are actually playing the game each night which I personally haven't seen go above 200.

A number without a reference means little.

619 different accounts. Script store players stats, not players visits. It's a sort of BF2 tracker.

It is funny how perspective can differ. The two servers mentioned above shows to me that the game actually got a good community.

That is: the game was released just before summer when gaming goes down: not many buy games then (especially as the game was in need for serious patching back then), the stats are from the summer: not many of those who bought the game have had time to play that much (I haven't at least); tactical shooters have never been any big success online compared with bunny jump-shooters and finally Gamespy makes the community even smaller (not primarily because of there abysmal lousiness, but because of stopping piracy of the game.

I am confident that the game will gain in popularity over the months. I still hope, of course, for SDK sooner than kingdom come.

you have about 275 people that have more than 200 points. that tells me that not many of those people are dedicated to the game.

how many did you have stopping by before this latest patch? Again a number without a reference means nothing.

and yeah that graw.php isn't total it's how many people are actually playing the game each night which I personally haven't seen go above 200.

Those are the numbers after the 1.21 patch (it was reset). I can't remember how many there were when we had the server set to Domination, but I think it was about the same. ..and yea..most of the visitors are only stoping by shortly. The regular visitors are a minority.

I think the # players has the potential to grow further with refining the MP modes, viability for laddering, get rid of Gamespy, more maps, add-ons, server tools, coop improvements etc

I enjoy the game a lot and hope other will discover (or rediscover it) :)

It is probably the best game in it's genre <5 years old

http://cert-clan.com/graw.php displays CURRENT status of players and servers so you can't measure it like you guys did. Anyway 160 players is not much :(

You have to consider that without ded. server files few clans can host our own dedicated server. We are lucky becouse we have the full remote control of our server. I beat that when ded. server files will be released the number of servers/players will increase a lot.

The JAckal' date='Aug 17 2006, 05:29 AM' post='409667']

http://cert-clan.com/graw.php displays CURRENT status of players and servers so you can't measure it like you guys did. Anyway 160 players is not much :(

You have to consider that without ded. server files few clans can host our own dedicated server. We are lucky becouse we have the full remote control of our server. I beat that when ded. server files will be released the number of servers/players will increase a lot.

A lot of us are hoping for just that. I think there are quite a few teams who have SA servers already lined-up and playing other games at the moment, waiting for GRAW SADS files to release. We shall see. All my fingers and toes and nosehairs are crossed for it...