DOMINATION SCORING NEED A CHANGE

I would like to suggest to GRIN that they award 100 points per kill in Domination instead of 10.

I can kill 4 tangos and only get 40 points but someone can occupy an area and get like 450?

Killing the enemy is the reason why we can occupy a sector. Thats the skill that should be rewarded, not just stepping over a line and sitting still.

100 points per kill is nothing compared to what you get for occupying a sector when someone else did the killing and maybe died in the process.

For example, the point man enters a sector kills all four tangos but dies in the process.

His teammates move up and get all the points, but he has very little to show for his skill and sacrifice!!! What did the pointman's teammates do that was deserving of so many points?

I also think the points you get for occupying a sector should be lowered somewhat, so we dont have too many points causing inflation of points.

Edited by Blaster

I think you are missing the point of why kills are so less. The objective of domination is not to kill the other players, but to occupy all of the map... therefore dominating it.

Also on public servers with spawns it helps to deter spawn rapers as if the other team gets the zones, it doesn't matter how may kills you get... you lose.

I know exactly the point of the game.

You can get 10 kills and only get 100 measly points!

Many players often use sniper rifles from the rear and can get the most kills but the least amount of points because they are stationary, while other players who are out front can never fire a shot and get thousands of points because of the work of the snipers!

That is not fair, and I think the scoring system is not balanced in Domination.

Edited by Blaster

Many players often use sniper rifles from the rear and can get the most kills but the least amount of points because they are stationary, while other players who are out front can never fire a shot and get thousands of points because of the work of the snipers!

I kinda agree with that. Its like support is not rewarded for...well.......supporting.

I think they were gearing toward that Blaster but possibly it would be to much of a split to have a point system earned weapon domination and an non point system get what you want weapon system. I think what they did currently was the best balance and to keep the constant spawn rape for most kills to the minimum.

Yepp we are considiring some changes! As previously stated though, the game is supposed to be about dominating and taking the zones. You do get different amount of points for kills depending on the situation. I do agree though that 10 points is to little and some weaponcosts needs to be tweaked.

Yepp we are considiring some changes! As previously stated though, the game is supposed to be about dominating and taking the zones. You do get different amount of points for kills depending on the situation. I do agree though that 10 points is to little and some weaponcosts needs to be tweaked.

Thanks for the response GRIN.

Actually 100 points isnt very much, maybe 500 per kill would be better.

Thanks for the response GRIN.

Actually 100 points isnt very much, maybe 500 per kill would be better.

or 50 per zone LOL!

but then again big numbers make us feel manly ;)

Judging by this response, no, you DON'T understand the point of the game mode. Kills are NOT supposed to be the primary source of points. People who sit around in one zone doing nothing but killing enemies are NOT helping the team beyond the trivial aspect of removing a few enemies and are not working towards the objective. They should not be rewarded more for doing that than someone who actually advances and tries to capture zones (that -is- the point of the game mode, after all).

100 points per kill yeesh, why not just ask for an free points button? Press 'z' and recieve 50 points. Play the game mode the way it's SUPPOSED to be played and you'll never have a problem with points unless you're getting trounced by the other team.

Judging by this response, no, you DON'T understand the point of the game mode. Kills are NOT supposed to be the primary source of points. People who sit around in one zone doing nothing but killing enemies are NOT helping the team beyond the trivial aspect of removing a few enemies and are not working towards the objective. They should not be rewarded more for doing that than someone who actually advances and tries to capture zones (that -is- the point of the game mode, after all).

100 points per kill yeesh, why not just ask for an free points button? Press 'z' and recieve 50 points. Play the game mode the way it's SUPPOSED to be played and you'll never have a problem with points unless you're getting trounced by the other team.

So if the point of the game is to try to overload a sector win it and then keep doing this over and over why in hell are we using weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if the point of the game is to try to overload a sector win it and then keep doing this over and over why in hell are we using weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are trying to tell you the point is to work as a team taking over zones. Killing all the enemy players that get in your way. Not, running off on your own disregarding the zones and just looking for players to kill.

So, obviously you would score more points for the latter.

The real object for you clueless people, is to kill and pin down the enemy, so as to be able to have superior space and numbers, so we can then take and hold the sectors.

The only way you can win by not killing or shooting, is to go up against a team of frighten bunnies hiding in their own spawn area and not killing and moving forward themselves.

And Ted, guys that dont move much but kill alot DO CONTRIBUTE to the team effort.

They pin down, drive back, and lessen the numbers of the opposing team, which results in an easy occupation of sectors for your team.

These guys need more points for their effort, and GRIN has acknowledged this.

Edited by Blaster

The real object for you clueless people, is to kill and pin down the enemy, so as to be able to have superior space and numbers, so we can then take and hold the sectors.

The only way you can win by not killing or shooting, is to go up against a team of frighten bunnies hiding in their own spawn area and not killing and moving forward themselves.

And Ted, guys that dont move much but kill alot DO CONTRIBUTE to the team effort.

They pin down, drive back, and lessen the numbers of the opposing team, which results in an easy occupation of sectors for your team.

They do get acknowledgement... they help WIN the game and clear the way for the others (grunts) to take the zones. See your thinking of it as an indivual point system which is partially in place... but the overall is the team system which is taking the zones over for the win. When i play i am curous on how many kills i get, and it acknowledges this, but that doesn't count to the win. what does count is that we dominated the map as a whole. This makes me focus on taking zones more or supporting someone taking zones rather then spawn raping.

I played a Domination game today and my buddy got no kills but was number 1 in points, he had several thousand.

I was last in points but had the most kills by a great margin.

I did all the killing and clearing of zones, he just moved around and gathered points. We won the game by doing two seperate things and we both contributed.

But I got one tenth the points he got.

Roco's idea of no scoring points sounds interesting. Just points for buying weapons.

Or do away with that too.

Just go with one weapon kit and you are stuck with just that kit the whole game.

Thats the way GR has always been.

Edited by Blaster

It has to be said I love domination, why? because you can't just sit and camp with a sniper rifle and do well, the sniper rifles are expensive and you just don't get the points for the kills.

Domination is about taking and controlling ground - you can't do that effectively sat with a sniper rifle.

One of the things I hated on [GR] were the mods like Dark Angel which dropped the fogging on maps like aurora and trainyard and turned them into sniper fests.

Domination forces you to grab an assault rifle and get down and dirty in the thick of it, and personally I like that.

I'm not so sure about UBI's decision to kit everyone out with a pistol to begin with, but as some players have pointed out it does force you improve; In the same way that AA forces you to use iron sights in the non-SF versions. However it can be frustrating while you are still 'learning' and someone cuts you down with a SCAR-L after three minutes.

Points system reflects the objectives of the game , and is set up about right.

Thanks Grin

BA

What you are suggesting, would make the objective pointless. If you got more points for killing than you did for actually taking over zones. There wouldnt be any point in taking over any zones.

You would have people coming in, with just the opposite of your complaint.

Example: "I took over 8 zones bymyself last round, and risked my neck by going into heated areas trying to take over the zones, while the enemy knew I was occupying it. Everyone else went into neutral zones and just ran around killing people. I got last place."

In the above scenario, you can see that the game played out like TDM for most of the players. I hope you can see what they mean, by objective based game. If you take away the points for the objective,,you take away the objective.

What you are suggesting, would make the objective pointless. If you got more points for killing than you did for actually taking over zones. There wouldnt be any point in taking over any zones.

You would have people coming in, with just the opposite of your complaint.

Example: "I took over 8 zones bymyself last round, and risked my neck by going into heated areas trying to take over the zones, while the enemy knew I was occupying it. Everyone else went into neutral zones and just ran around killing people. I got last place."

In the above scenario, you can see that the game played out like TDM for most of the players. I hope you can see what they mean, by objective based game. If you take away the points for the objective,,you take away the objective.

IM NOT SUGGESTING KILLING GET MORE POINTS THAN SECTOR CONTROL, IM SAYING ITS NOT FAIR NOW, AND IT NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.

OR HAVE NO POINTS LIKE ROCO SAID.

Well we can look at this way.

Maybe you should not get points for zone capture, but only kills. Capturing comes after removing an enemy from an area.

For example, section D in wharehouse, a guy can get on the roof with a sniper rifle, and camp the entire map, maybe get a couple of kills. But the whole time he is up there, the zone has switched sides a number of times, and he is gaining points for basically camping while the others do the grunt work. Some might call him smart, and it is, but should he be rewarded for sitting there? In all reality there in not much you can do to defend zone D from the roof.

Now if you only got points for killing he can camp there all day if he wants to, makes no difference in the end scheme of things. He gets the points he deserves, by killing people instead of holding an area that is almost impossible to get to in the first place.

Or just make it so where you get more points for a kill, and less for a capture, of course you would have to have a decrease in the amount of poits you get per kill since the scoring would be outrageous for some players.

heck I dont know - im just throwing out ideas here. sorry for the rambling.

just read teh above posts, and agree with what Velocity said. It would just switch the complaining to the other side.

I guess back to the drawing bored.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

How about when the timer ends, the team with the most sectors win.

Also, at any time if one team gains all sectors except the opposing teams spawn sector, the team wins too.

And at any time if one team gets completely killed, the other team automaticaly wins no matter how sectors that team had.

If the timer ends and both teams have the same amount of sectors its a tie.

No points at all, just numbers of sectors and a win if one team gets wiped out because of limited respawn was turned on.

Have stats for how many sectors a player took over, how many kills, kill ratio, grenade kills, and please include team kills and deaths by team kills.

3 ways to win and 1 way to tie, no points involved, pick a kit and you are stuck with that the whole game, and we have stats too.

Sound good?

How about it GRIN?

And if you really want to fix things GRIN, please make it so when a player leaves the game his name and stats remain until the end of the game.

This way he can come back in but will resume with whatever amount of deaths and kills he had.

Now new players entering the game wont have to start out with deaths or wait until the game is over to start playing.

Edited by Blaster

Here we go again. You just have no clue at all, do you?

The game mode is about capturing zones. Killing people is incidental. It's something done on the way to accomplishing the goal. It IS NOT the goal itself. As such, it should not be the primary source of points, which it would be if they raised the levels to what you suggested. 500 points for a freaking kill? Are you dense? The most powerful gun in the game costs 600 some odd points and you want to hand that to someone for getting two kills?

Again, no, the people who camp one zone and just kill are NOT helping the team beyond the trivial. Your blindness to that reality is caused by the misunderstanding that killing is the point of the game. Did they successfully defend a zone? Sure, good for them. Did they help to capture any other zones? Nope. Not remotely. Thus they SHOULD be at the bottom of the score board.

You said later that you played a game, spent all your time clearing the zones and you were last place with lots of kills. Frankly, I think you're either lying or you have no clue what 'clearing' a zone is. The fact that you sprinted through a lot of zones just looking for someone to shoot before running onto the next one does not constitute clearing a zone. Had you spent the extra 5-10 seconds to capture each zone you "cleared" then you'd have been at the top of the list instead of the bottom. As I said earlier, play the game the way it's SUPPOSED to be played and you'll have no problem with points. Run around like it's team deathmatch with some other objective that you never pay attention to and you'll always be suffering for points. That's the way it SHOULD be.

GRiN folks, I sincerely hope you don't "fix" this.

How about when the timer ends, the team with the most sectors win.

Also, at any time if one team gains all sectors except the opposing teams spawn sector, the team wins too.

And at any time if one team gets completely killed, the other team automaticaly wins no matter how sectors that team had.

If the timer ends and both teams have the same amount of sectors its a tie.

No points at all, just numbers of sectors and a win if one team gets wiped out because of limited respawn was turned on.

Have stats for how many sectors a player took over, how many kills, kill ratio, grenade kills, and please include team kills and deaths by team kills.

3 ways to win and 1 way to tie, no points involved, pick a kit and you are stuck with that the whole game, and we have stats too.

Sound good?

How about it GRIN?

That's EXACTLY HOW IT IS NOW! The only difference is that you're obsessed with the point system. The points have nothing to do with which team wins or loses, they're individual and only really for weapon aquisitions. The exact thing you're asking for is already done, just play on a server with limited spawns and tac points disabled.