sluggish gameplay

Ok I know this has been talked about before, and I dont want to look around for a old topic about it...fresh ideas.

Anyway this game takes alot to play, I rurn a 2ghz CPU 1GB ram and 6800 256MB; well the game cant run on high or med, I have everything on low. I notice when playing the game (multiplayer) that there are alot of objects in the maps that have reactions. I would guess if they took out the crap laying around like, garbage, popcans, gastanks, the game would run a bit better. I know its cool to have this stuff but most people cant run with this stuff...it just takes up too much power to render.

I notice HL2 has alot of what GRAW has, advanced lighting, reactive objects, highdetail textures.

Anyway what do you guys think would help make the game run better on PC's and Laptops?

Faster processor :o

In order to run this game decently it doesn't take a whole lot by todays standards. I would say mid-range and up systems can run the game without too much problems.

I have a 2.2ghz AMD 3200, 1 gig of ram, and a 9800 PRO with 128MB. I think the biggest kicker for this game though is the processor.

Faster processor :o

In order to run this game decently it doesn't take a whole lot by todays standards. I would say mid-range and up systems can run the game without too much problems.

I have a 2.2ghz AMD 3200, 1 gig of ram, and a 9800 PRO with 128MB. I think the biggest kicker for this game though is the processor.

Same system apart from 2Gb DDR (333Mhz) and I use an X850XT and the game runs fine for me. There are a couple of slow downs but hardly noticable. I do think there is a problem with MP after u complete a coop or rejoin servers as after a time it slows down but not in SP for me.

Maybe look at memory and try pre-cacheing as per tweaks, although I removed that as it slowed down the speed of entry into the action.

nah vid is in my opinion, but I agree, i would love to see the maps free of junk flying around

i agree with you guys, maps are very overloaded of useless junk, and seriously overloaded visualy. It might be cool to see but some emptyness can sometime be healthy

I understand that this junk arround the place is made to make audio marker of enemy movement, but anyway footstep already does alot on that aspect.

And if thats a true representation of polution in mexico, im impresse they still survive in that junkward that cover all the game

play HL2 HD with that bloom effect, it makes my system bog down a bit. HL2's engine can do alot, its just Valve played it smart and dident throw in all the goodies that would cause for huge frame rate loss. Again you can hake Hl2 look just as nice as GRAW.

HL2 is a lot older than GRAW. You should expect better preformance on it.

Hitman: Blood Money was released after GRAW, yet it runs remarkably better.

hitman has levels the size of a shoebox. thats your explanation:)