HEADSHOT?

A few things:

1. There is no bullet drop in this game, this is confirmed in postings by GRIN.

2. I am aware that not every enemy wears a boonie. It does not seem to make a difference in the game.

3. Helmets in real life cannot, will not stop rifle rounds. They will go in one side and shoot right out the other.

We should be seeing 95% or above insta deaths from headshots, not 50% or 60%.

hehe, before those guys moved (from their mom's house) they lived in my neighbourhood in TO. very funny to see the ownerer just hanging around in the park etc.

Re: the headshot issue. Should be easy to solve (touch wood). The easiest way is probably in the gun's .xml. The sniper riffle doesn't suffer from the probelm, so look at it's states and use it to modify you chosen weap. The better way would be to find the damage model. Change all head values to 100 or whatever. Don't have the game yet, so i can't help more than that.

Edited by JTF-2

3. Helmets in real life cannot, will not stop rifle rounds. They will go in one side and shoot right out the other.

That's quite a simplification. Helmets in Iraq have stopped AK rounds, the angle which the round strikes the helmet is important. There are other factors too but to make a blanket statement like that is completely false.

You are correct, my statement was too absolute.

I was referring to straight on shots (which I did not specify in my post).

I imagine that at the right angle a rifle round might glance off your skull (don't try this at home).

Eitherway, you should generally be killing them with headshots.

And when I round the corner, have the bad dude in a boonie 15 ft in front of me, and he is totally unaware. I settle for a nice slow aim, take my time, and blast the back of his face with a 7.62 NATO, and he gets up? No way, especially since this keeps happening.

I think it goes more by the caiber of the weapon then where you hit someone. Sniper rifles almost always drop the enemy even if hit in the foot.

I'm the only one enjoying heli headshots. Oups :shifty:

Serious? has anyone else been able to do this?

I think it goes more by the caiber of the weapon then where you hit someone. Sniper rifles almost always drop the enemy even if hit in the foot.

.50 cals will do that to a person.

It may not so much 'kill' them, but render them so useless that its pointless for them to continue. Seriously, who would be still moving around and shooting accurately if you're missing part of your leg or your foot?

I'm the only one enjoying heli headshots. Oups :shifty:

Serious? has anyone else been able to do this?

I've been known to put a few holes in pilots. :g_guns:

That's quite a simplification. Helmets in Iraq have stopped AK rounds, the angle which the round strikes the helmet is important. There are other factors too but to make a blanket statement like that is completely false.

a friend of mine's dad was a heli pilot in nam. he and some other pilots came upon some heavy fire durring a pickup. when the got back to base, he got out of his heli and to the astonishment of the other pilots he was walking with what appeared to be a shot directly through the center of his head. he had a bullet hole on each side of his helmet with blood pouring from both sides. when he got it off his head, his buddies gathered around him to see if he was ok.

a bullet had entered the side of his helmet from a low angle, grazed his scalp, hit the top inside of his helmet, arced/ricochet, grazed his scalp again on the other side of his head and still had enough momentum to make another hole and exit the helmet.

he put the helmet on his mantle above the firplace at home- it's been there eversince. he loves to tell the story and show the scars on his old bald head.

bullets do crazy shti irl. in gun safety class, the instructor skipped a 9mm round off the top of a bucket of water to hit a target(not accurately but he said 50% of the time he can hit center mass.

as far as this game goes - who knows.......

So with all these helicopter sniping ace shot GRIN employees... no comment on the headshot damage bonus (or possible lack there of)

Like my new avatar? From a screenshot of Kirkland laying it down with the SCAR H. :o=