GRAW Modding Consortium

With GRAW being released, and the lack of builtin mod tools (thus far), many modders are spending alot of time and energy trying to crack the different areas of GRAW's setup in order to provide modding ability to themselves and the masses.

My thought is that Rocky might create a new area for interested modders. This area would be a place to share more then ideas, it would be a 'quiet' place from which serious modders could work together to help create things like new tools, modding guides, ect in order to release to the general modding public. We'd help empower the new GhostRecon community to hopefully bring years of entertainment to us all.

Just curious who would be interested in it (we have alot already in the current mod forums...this would just be a more private area to work in (membership by request and invite only maybe? or readonly for all and post ability for members? its not my intention to keep anything from anyone)

Thoughts, ideas?

i think it would work up to some point

but it might discourage beginners starting to mod as they somehow have to prove themselfs worthy to get in (how would you reccognize a modder from a kid trying to get in ?)

don't get me wrong though, i think it is a good idea but fear a elitist barrier whether it is there for real or just in imagination

this might just be my fear alone

but i would love the insight without the crap in such a forum

makes for good reading and learning

i think it would work up to some point

but it might discourage beginners starting to mod as they somehow have to prove themselfs worthy to get in (how would you reccognize a modder from a kid trying to get in ?)

don't get me wrong though, i think it is a good idea but fear a elitist barrier whether it is there for real or just in imagination

this might just be my fear alone

but i would love the insight without the crap in such a forum

makes for good reading and learning

At some point, there definately will need to be a lot of coordination of what everyone has found and how to best tackle the modding process.

I guess that will come with time... it has only been like a week, after all.

Personally, I think having modding be public is the best way to go. I see your point of keeping out people who might just flood the forums and so on but the more public modding is, the more we get done no?

Maybe when the SDK comes out, Rocky could create special private forums for certain mod projects?

Really I was just thinking of this with respect of being able to have a group keep up with what breakthru's have been made in regarding to modding. With all the folks working on different aspects of modding, I just thought this would be a great way for all modders to be able to contribute their discoveries, collaborate on others, and compile stuff into an easier and streamlined format FOR the beginners, so they can move even quicker and help removed the learning curves.

I've just noticed many breakthrus, many advances and theories, and it'd be great to have those streamlined into guides and such, thats the only motive and drive behind it.