Your Favorite Music Genres

snared_gambit

Just curious what everyone else listens to.

Mine, in order of my liking (with links to wikipedia to explain what they are):

Crust Punk

D-Beat

Hardcore Punk

Thrashcore

Grindcore

Street Punk

UK 82

Skacore

Ska

Oi

Beyond those as my all time favorites (although most of them are just offshoots of punk and sound similar, there is a huge difference amongst most of them in the way they sound if you listen to a lot of punk), I like basically all music. Those are my favorites though.

Clearly I'm the odd man out.

I like country. Not the new pop crap they call country. But actual country. I do like different styles of country though.

Bluegrass

Honky tonk

Neotraditional

I also like some classic rock. Mostly the Eagles. And a few songs by other bands.

(I never would have thought of looking up country music on Wikipedia. Worked pretty well though.)

Power in numbers Ryan...

I like lots of songs, but I guess my favorite genre woul dhave to be Country. I like some of the older stuff (especially Cash), but I also really like the new Country Rock (Trace Adkins, Big and Rich, some Toby Kieth etc.).

I like some of the older stuff (especially Cash),
Johnny Cash is good.

I also really like the new Country Rock (Trace Adkins, Big and Rich, some Toby Kieth etc.).
Trace Adkins is good, but I hate Big and Rich and the only Toby Keith song I think of off the top of my head that is worth a damn is You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinkin'.

And that song came out a long time ago.

I prefer George Strait, Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakum, Hank Williams Sr., Brad Paisley, Ricky Skaggs, and George Jones. I like Randy Travis' and Brooks and Dunn's older songs.

But at least with you I know what you're talking about. :D I've never heard of two thirds of the various the sub genres of punk, rock and heavy metal that some of these people have listed. And the ones I am familiar with make Big and Rich sound great by comparison.

Rock (Psychedelic to grunge to... nearly everything)

Metal

Metalcore

punk (Ramones, The chlash stuff)

Reggae (roots, dub)

Ragga

Ragga Jungle

Jungle

Drum&Bass

and latest addition is: Goa (but I don't listen to it quite often)

I hate Big and Rich

Travesty! :D

Yeah, I'm with you. I've got a lot of Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Toby Keith, Chris Cagle, Brad Paisley and a bunch more. I like a lot of the mainstream country, and some of the older stuff. But I like some of the newer guys too, like Eric Church and Trent Tomilson.