FILE SHARING

stormcrow

Just wondred what you guys considered to be the best file sharing software out there.

I have tried almost all of them and still use Direct connect (unstable as it is), at least I get good speeds (50K).Limwire wouldnt run, Kazza lite was slooooowwww, as for Win Mx ....queue city!......... :blink:

Like I said, just wondered about what you lot use and have encountered using other peer to peer programs.

I used to use IMesh...but now mainly Kazaa (I don't know what you mean by slow, I've never had any problems with it).

Limewire is outdated dude..hahahaa.

There is this new thing called Tesla..although their network is not as big as Kazaa (yet), and is more complicated to use.

Out.

It depends on what u mean by Filesharing, simple MP3s? sending pictures to your mates or downloading LOTR The Two Towers DVD :D

I download mostly audio and MPeg files (WM/DivX). I got some nice movies of late (Ice Age/Changing Lanes / Oceans 11!).

DC stays on with no probs at good speeds for me!

:o=:o=:ph34r:

for some reason direct connect doesn't work, I go into a hub and am sharing enough but when i try to search nothing comes up!! I don't have any thing else filtered and i search for the letter E and i still get nothing :wall: You guys have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

i use dc+ and winmx i had a bit of an issue setting it up ie search didnt find anything but after tinkering around and asking some questions i got it to work make sure you have ports open and also try typing in appz or iso or somthing simple you should get a list ive gone thru many hubs and got zero search results till i typed in mp3 or somthing

WinMX - Tons of files, long waits, slows down your connection by a lot.

Kazaa - Also known as spy ware. Enough said.

iMesh - Fast with lots of files on it. My vote for best.

Edited by Crimson

for some reason direct connect doesn't work, I go into a hub and am sharing enough but when i try to search nothing comes up!! I don't have any thing else filtered and i search for the letter E and i still get nothing :wall: You guys have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Go to settings and try and put DC into passive mode. This might free up your searches but it wont multi-hub search.

If you know your ip you can use the other option and enter it in, the port setting is 412 .

Thats all I can think of now.............. :lol:

I use edonkey2000 from edonkey2000.com .

You get the best result if you use a bot that dynamically updates your server list.

Like edonkeybot lite. You will find the links if you search for em at the site.

Does anybody want to do a direct connect with aol instant messenger or microsoft messenger for movies? I got a couple actioners.

:ph34r:

for some reason direct connect doesn't work, I go into a hub and am sharing enough but when i try to search nothing comes up!! I don't have any thing else filtered and i search for the letter E and i still get nothing  You guys have any idea what i'm doing wrong?
DC doesn't like firewalls. i had the same problem then someone told me to turn it off. it worked fine after that but i don't use it due to the fact i like to leave my firewall up. not worth taking a chance imo.

all you guys using file sharing download adaware if you can find it i used to use imesh and many other progs and was so swamped with spy ware and as ware it wasnt funny this little prog will track down all those pesky little plugins and nuke them right off your system, its made by lavasoft and the latest version i believe is 5.83 works great and idiot proof