P2: A Cold Day In Hell

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, means a lot coming from a couple great GR fans,modders, n gentelmen like yourselves. This one will be different from anything I 've done before, it's not even right to refer to it as a new migryder mod anymore, just check the White Skull Valley screen and the Shilka. There will be more things coming from other contributors - a new vehicle is in the works, possibly one or two new sniper rifles, pretty much the ultimate hand carried weapon possible, and a sensitive piece of hardware. Both of those last two items will add potential new objectives for any GR mission and the vehicle will solve a nagging problem for me as a scripter, the Q that always drives me nuts while I 'm scripting away - with armor or other heavy targets, why don't we just call in the might of the air forces and exterminate these guys? Remember the Highway of Death?Well, how bout ADA whose prime target is AWAC and after that pretty much anything that flies or is propelled through the air with "hip shot" capabilities and a 90% chance of kicking your airborne butt. Brand spanking new off of the shelf and ready for sale to even Iran! Did I mention a possible new map? With nasty little things on it that go BOOM far far away....

mig :ph34r:

Edited by migryder

@ migryder ^^ :wub: ^^ That's great news! Thought I'd read somewhere that you'd just got a new rig and also GR:AW, and so I was feeling a bit :x wondering if this would sidetrack you from releasing this mod. Yipee! and I agree w/GiWeDa: I also find your work to be really well scripted. I'm all over suspense re "pretty much the ultimate hand carried weapon possible, and a sensitive piece of hardware." Thanks & looking forward to the mod. . .

you did not like my wolf? he he.

BTW - just finished GR:AW last night. All I can say is I wish we could get those tanks into GR mods, I'd have em chasing you all over the place and no little bush will stop those things! One under my command tried to run over another it had destroyed to get to the next place I told em to go. Patton would've been proud. Just would need something besides all Abrams, a T80UD or a Leopard maybe.

Request - ok, I have permission to use some weapons from some great mods, but I would really rather include a few new models and let Player use the arsenal of Frostbite along with Cold Call Out to round out the kits. I'll definitely be including a few silenced weapons from a few mods, but at this point the mod weighs around 130 megs and I have not even placed the retextured White Skull Valley in the appropriate folder(s) and have only added some Augs to the player kits. Most of the weight is audio and I could always forego converted music files to lessen the space used. At this point there is one weapon in the works and that is it. I know this person has more or less left GR modding behind and is very busy with real life and projects that pay, so I'm shouting out for any weapons modder who would like to create some new content for this one and/or a new project of tropical flavor that a few of us have been discussing, so please PM me if interested. Your contributions would be greatly appreciated. While I'm at it, we have the CheyTac that JTF-2 created and some great pics for the textures but have not had luck getting it done so far, can anybody please help get this 408 into the game? I was looking at some pics on Sniper Country of targets shot at 1900, 2300, and 2400 yards, a long shot for sure. I don't even have Max or would be trying hard myself to learn it and get it done despite all the other things I'm trying to get done for the mod.

mig

BTW - just finished GR:AW last night.

Mig, here in this forum we don't care at all about your experience with GRAW (what is it BTW?) :lol:

Seriously speaking this mod is my most awaited mod, I sincerely hope you can find a modder to help you with new weapons but remember that it's the missions that make the mod and you master of this :thumbsup:

BTW - just finished GR:AW last night.

Mig, here in this forum we don't care at all about your experience with GRAW (what is it BTW?) :lol:

Seriously speaking this mod is my most awaited mod, I sincerely hope you can find a modder to help you with new weapons but remember that it's the missions that make the mod and you master of this :thumbsup:

Seconded from me, Mig. We don't even care about the music if that's the aspect that makes the mod heavy on the download - just a few new toys and your mission scripting will do us nicely...

:thumbsup:

Theo

Seconded from me, Mig. We don't even care about the music if that's the aspect that makes the mod heavy on the download - just a few new toys and your mission scripting will do us nicely...

:thumbsup:

Theo

:yes: Yes indeed.

From the NTW-20 Micro Mod thread; Thales100 wrote:

" I would like to suggest you to "bypass" the M136 , so it comes as just an warn, that is necessary an AT weapon to that mission, but not having to be the M136, so we can play with just the NTW-20, and not the NTW-20 and the M136, would that be possible ?

Another suggestion, the NTW-20 can be used to destroy radar installations and so on, would be possible to make a destroying mission where you could blow up thing using a demo charge or by shooting something with an anti materiel rifle ? "

Yes it is possible to have a destroy mission that way. For instance, if you take the NTW into the Keep, you could blow some of those heavy recessed doors with it, or at least 5(6) of those doorways have a zone with static effects to allow you to place a demo charge and run. So there ya go, either one or both. Man I gotta wrap that one up and get to Blue Ivan and WSV. Been too busy playing PC games and playing at music n art producer, which I'm not.

I'll look into having a senario like that in one of the remaining missions to be scripted.

Don't know if I'll completely remove ATs, I was gonna have several types in kits. Let me think on that.

Edited by migryder

• 2 weeks later...

Well, natsanwa has been hard at work boys n girls. He has two more contributions here:

the CheyTac Intervention

cheytac1.jpg

and the Cobb BA50T fitted with an SSR stock

BA50TSSR.jpg

yipee! Thanks for all the hard work nat!

And there is this bad little turtle: see the real world demo vid here - actually, they gave me the impression it blows up! Where's Theo?!

http://www.rusarm.ru/p_prod/airdef/torm1.htm#

torm1bdq3.th.jpg

under construction - TOR M-1 aka SA-15.

torm1he2.th.jpg

torm1picbnk2.th.jpg

thanks Phlookian!

Phlook' has been hard at work this summer in real world business and other projects like CENTCOM, but is contributing this ADAT and other items, to this mod. Maybe a suitcase nuke? a placeable data recorder? Maybe an SA-20(S-400) Triumf? an SS-25 Topol or SS-27-X ICBM Mobile Launcher? Maybe a new map with ICBM mission? Stay tuned. Did I mention audio mastering?

other ADA capabilities :

adatsnj7.th.jpg

This mod is concentrating a lot on neutralizing ADA capabilities of rebel forces...and compromised Strategic Missile Forces elements as well as Chem, Bio, and SADMs WMD threats if there are any?

Oh G my friend, why that's Marty Feldman, wish I knew how to make him salute and blink his eyes. Comic relief for the embattled brotha..

Edited by migryder

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SC

And are you gonna post any info about the 8 Days update GiWeDa mentioned in the roundup?

That is being worked on by KRP 56 and I think G is helping out too. Two unreleased missions will be added and eveything in campaign mode if it gets sorted out. Maybe something more too, I'm not sure what the final content will be.

Meantime if I get off my butt 'bout it I will release Fort Apache(you've seen it SC) and a mission I used to test weapons for my personal weapons comp in spring 2005, I have to get that one off my old rig and tweak it to be objective oriented but it should not take long. Just got to get a cd burner that works put in that tower.

Edited by migryder