Silent Hunter 3 mod

Deadpreacher

Hey guys just want to let you know im releashing a mod for SH3.

If anyone here plays SH3

There are 9 mission in this mod:

They Serverside Only Missions for Silent Hunter 3

There are 5 Death Match missions to play against friends.

Plus 4 normal CooP mission in diffrent locations.

With Death Match games it's every Sub for it's self.

It's up to you the host to make it a UnderWater match or not.

With the DM game you can try many diffrent style of games to battle with.

You can do above water battles or underwater battles.

You could even try a above water match with just deck guns this can also be fun.

Only in english at the moment.

Here is a link to Down Load Preacher's War Games

Anyways hope you all enjoy it and the DM are worth it all in itself.

Just to say i havent updated this part, but right after i posted this the other day i did update the mod and releashed 2 more DM missions into the mod becuase some where down the line a mission was messed up during install and is fixxed now. So for a bonus i releashed 2 more DM. The link above is still good.

The 2 new missions of DM are in a harbor Bay Day & Night. So as all the subs are fighting it out all the people on the docks standing around and watch you fight!

It's really cool if you look at the docks and see them screaming and waven as you blowen up the other subs near the dock! I might try to do some screen shots later to show it in actoin.

Anyways there are now 11 missions in the mod instead of 9.

Plus maybe alot more coming with speacil features i been working on.

Still learning all the cool tricks you can do with the game! :devil:

Edited by deadpreacher

I've just bought this game,and it's just mind blowing,the graphics are superb,the crew,the whole thing looks like a sim should be,I loved SH1,and SH2 but this is stunning,the rough seas etc are the best I've ever seen,and having been in such sea's the motion of the U-Boats are classic!!........and all looks great on my new PC too!!!!

Its not only the looks of the game, which are without any doubt very, very good, the realistic feeling this sim gives you is one of the best I have seen till now. Searching, navigating, hiding and destroying the enemy is giving me a very good feeling, every time one goes towards the bottom I am kind of proud :D

Luckely this is still a game, cause the got to me 2 times already, but hé what do you expect when you pay Liverpool a visit with your cool sub during war time?

I have this game now for a week, and I think this is the only thing (playing) I have done behind my PC since I got it. (My email is only downloaded from the server, I dont bother to read it for a while).

What kind of preformance are y'all getting with it? Does it choke any of y'alls rigs? I followed most of the development of it, and the specs seemed pretty steep. The effects I have seen in the pre-release videos showed some spectacular stuff. How does that affect preformance?

Yeah I have just two little issues for as far as I know now.

When ships are on fire which creates lots of smoke your video card will go nuts now and than, I heard people saw FPS drop to 1.

I dont have a FPS show but I gues mine are going low aswell but not 1 more like 15. Also read this was normal, smoke creates effects like this although I dont know any technical details.

Also since convoys have lots of ships in them, e.g. the large convoys of over 10 ships, once you get close to them (I mean, you havent seen them, havent heard them or whatever) the game tends to lag for just a few seconds, after those few seconds the lag (for this convoy) will not return.

I guess this has to do with the fact the computer/game is calculating all stuff on/in this convoy.

This game is very demanding in regards to computer hardware, you can run it perfectly on slower systems but than you should also not expect the best.

One friend of mine has 512MB Ram, and he lags more often, MP more than SP, so he too will upgrade soon to 1024MB (which IMHO is the size your memory should be for this game).

BTW, those two issues are not only for me but everyone is experiencing them, or at least most people, just check the forums :D

What I also would like to mention is to make sure you are using/installing on a clean PC, I mean as in spyware/virusses/trojans programs running in the background, reading the official forums and seeing people with CTD's for things only a few have problems with makes me think lots of people forget computers are more than a thing you can keep installing stuff on, downloading, chatting etc etc without having to clean it........ever :(

My specs so you can compare a little.

128MB Ati radeon 9800Pro

1024 MB Ram

3.2 P4

Edited by el nino foxhound

First of all, I am a fall-down. A weasel with no principles. I swore I was never going to buy another Ubi game because of the Starforce antipiracy protection (which has already been cracked). I went to EB just to look around yesterday and picked up the box, put it down saying no way, picked it up again, remembered this thread, said no way again and then, like a big wimp I bought it. Shoot me now, I deserve it. I swore if I had any problems with Starforce I'd download the cracked version with no compunction because I had a legal retail copy sitting on my desk. As it stands, out of the 5 or 6 times I've run the game, it HAS asked me to put the disk in another drive and failed to load once (I have a brand new dvd drive). If it becomes a problem, I'll get a crack and write UBI to tell 'em I did it. I'd welcome legal action.

That being said...wow! The pictures on the box look good, but nowhere near as good as seeing it in motion on your screen. It really does feel like you're a u-boat commander. Going into free camera mode and flying over to a ship I've ordered my men to fire the deck gun at, I was not prepared for the dopplerish whistling sounds of the artillery shells flying by me and pounding into the poor merchant vessel. Every detail is astounding. Going underwater and seeing your u-boat glide by with caustic lighting effects from the waves on your hull is breathtaking.

One thing...I strongly urge anyone playing this game to use one of those background voice-command programs. I got one called Shoot! It's freeware, and uses microsoft's speech recognition engine (also free). It took me a while to configure a profile for SH3 as the process is kinda arcane, but you have no idea what you're missing out on without it. Pressing a key and barking orders into a microphone like "ahead one third" or "Hard to starboard!" or "periscope depth" and hearing a crewman shouting "Yes sir...Periscope depth!" makes me grin every time. It takes an already immersive experience and makes it ultra-real. And I'm still only in the training missions.

Anyways, as embarrassing as it is to have sold out my principles, I'm glad I fessed up.

Lieutenant Jr VonGeezer (I deserve a depthcharge enema).

I think since you bought this game you are doing just great, so leave the depthcharging to those who hunt you and hope they damage themselves :D

Not buying this game cause UBI stinks is really a shortcomming for your own gaming fun.

Starforce didnt give me any problem with this game. Although it is a little (really a little) to see the game check your ID DVD everytime you start the game.

BIA made me delete certain programs :(, thank god it even run on my DVD r/w

BTW, wait till you see the first large convoy :devil: , but than again, you will have to keep those nice, beautifull, perfect, great, kind DD's of your back.

(in case they follow me here too I just talk nice about them).

Ohh and watch airsupport :wall:

I thought I'd get bored of it, given that every patrol simply involves patroling a map grid and sinking the biggest boats you can find, but when I'm at work I'm anxious to get back for another patrol.

The game rocks...you really have to get good at judging ship speeds and bearings on the map and deciding wether or not a pursuit is worth it. I'm about to start my 9th patrol and I'm only 5th from the top on the Aces list...I think I'd better dial up the realism. I hate those dud torpedos though.

Once you start giving awards and promotions to your crew members and seeing how much more effective they get, even the micromanagement (if you can call it that) adds to the game.

Good stuff!

Yeah, I found out about the lost time when playing SHII. Earning awards is cool and with the ability to award them now is even better.

I will get up tp speed shortly and will be ready for some wolfpack action.

BTW, does anyone have any idea what ports to open for the game?

I found this over at Ubi about changing your resolution. Try the suggestion in the How to Change Your Screen Resolution thread. I changed mine, but didn't do it properly and still had the same resolution, I will be testing it again.

Hate to say it but that guy was having a placebo effect or something...There is no way to change the res, if there was I would have stumbled upon it. The fact that he pointed to the Ubi/sh3 folder rather than the same file in the "my documents/sh3 folder shows he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. The one in the Ubi/ShIII is likely just a reference file or something. If you change to correct cfg's resolution setting to anything but default, you'll get a "failed to initiate 3d engine" error message after the intro...at least that's what happened to me and I've tried everything. There is apparently a DirectX overide dll file you can dload that will allow you to change it if you install the nocd crack, but I'm not that desperate. It would be nice to play on my 36" TV at 800x600 though (it has VGA inputs and games look great on it).