Models that would be nice if time allows: :whistle:

'STINGRAY' II Light Tank

AAAV

MRLS

M500 'Defender' Helicopter

'Comanche' Scout Helicopter

A-10 'Thunderbolt'

C-130 'Hercules'

Obviously, this list isin a state of flux, and I will eventually cull it down to the 25-30 model area - but for now consider this a 'wish' list :thumbsup:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some pics i found:

M113- Troop Carrier:

m113_imgt_021.jpg

M113- MG Turret:

m113-001.jpg

not exactly high-res, but it shows the basic structure

LAVIII "Pirahna":

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/pi.../piranha11.html

LAV-150:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...2004-20,GGLD:en

AAV7a1:

U28P27T1D161989F26DT20031111102209.jpg

M1a2 'Abrams' MBT:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/ab...ex.html#abrams3

M60a3 Tank:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/m60/index.html#m606

M48a5 Tank:

M48A5-1.jpg

M110 203mm SPA:

http://www.geocities.com/desperado6_sp3/203mmSPA.html

'Apache' Attack Helicopter:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/ap...ex.html#apache1

'Comanche' Scout Helicopter:

com_helicopter.jpg

again kinda blurry, but still shows basic design

Edited by U|\|_N0_Nam3_01

'Stryker' APC - with anti-RPG 'fence' armour

How does the armour work. Does it actually stop RPG rounds? Sounds great.

Hummer - Cargo

Another thing I've been needing. Will it have a camo texture like the original? Maybe a desert version could be put to use as well.

Great job, keep it up. ;)

pi123103a4.jpg

brandonkappel, im not sure how it works, i read that in vietnam, soldiers would place C-ration bags on their tanks, and when an rpg hit it, the c-rations would explode, lowering the damage that the tank would recieve....not sure why it works, but if it does, i have no reason to argue...

:wacko::blink:

"Active Armor" or "Reactive Armor", which the class name for armor types including explosives, is a really simple construction.

I'll try to explain it in english though I've never reed any english texts about it. But I have spent some hours learning about it in munitions school though. ;)

What the small, outwards directed, explosives pack placed on the normal armor does is simple disrupt the beam of liquid metal which is the part of most dedicated AT rounds that normaly creates a hole though the armor plate and creates debries inside the vehicle. As the beam first hits the outer explosives it, which detonates, it's point concentration is destroyed and it looses the welding torch function it is designed for and so there is no penetration of the armor below.

I hope that you'll understand that mumbo jumbo. Can give you bettre facts in swedish as all tests I've written have been in my own language. :P

The earlier "version" of this was just bags of whatever could be found. This is not very effective though. What it does is make the warhead detonate a little to early so that the metal beam isn't at it's hotest when it reaches the armor plate. Most cases this still gives penetration but smaller ones... although the debris is still what kills many people inside and that doesn't change much compared to direct hits on armor plate.

Edited by Wolfsong

Hey Guys - thanx for the interest - Im currently sat in a Hotel in Oman, and will unable to do anything for at least 3 weeks from now = give me a chance to get real life military out of the way before I start doing GR models again. The Pave Low Is not on my list for the US vehicle pack - and will remain not on my list :yes: I think Im already gonna have to cut down on the number of vehicles in this Pack as it is - so please let me know (to whole Community) what u want in the Pack from the list already published.\\And now Im back to the bar.........hic......... :rofl:

All the vehicles need to stay, but if you must cut some, then keep these:

Models done so far :

M35a2 Truck - Basic

M35a2 Truck - Cargo

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered, with Shotgun seats

Hummer - Basic

Hummer - 1 Shotgun seat

Hummer - Basic, 6 man

Hummer - Armed, AutoGL

Hummer - Armed, HMG

Hummer - Armed, Minigun

Hummer - Armed, TOW

CH-47D 'Chinook'

CH-47D 'Chinook', with ramp down and shotgun seats

UH-60L 'BlackHawk'

MV-22 'Osprey'

CV-22 'Osprey' - armed variant

M2A3 Bradley

'Stryker' APC

'Stryker' APC - 105mm Cannon

Hummer - Cargo

M113 - troop carrier

M113 - MG Turret + troop carrier

M1A2 'Abrahams' MBT

M60A3 Tank

M48A5 Tank

M110 203mm SPA

M109A2 155mm 'Paladin' SPA

'Kiowa' Scout Helicopter

'STINGRAY' II Light Tank

AAAV

MRLS

M500 'Defender' Helicopter

'Comanche' Scout Helicopter

That's 34, shouldn't be too much. PLEASE. :(

That 'M113 with MG turret' picture is actually an Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle rather than an M113.

The M-113 picture shows both M-113A3 (front) and M-113A1 or A2 (back), the primary visual difference is the external fuel tanks at the rear of the M-113A3 (one either side of the ramp).

Edited by DWG

There are basically three kinds of add-on armour: spaced, reactive and applique.

RPGs are a shaped charge warhead (just like those of ATGM and tank HEAT rounds), the explosion of the inverse cone shaped warhead converts a copper liner into a high speed jet of metal a few millimetres wide that basically bores through the target armour. Penetration is often stated to be roughly equal to the diameter of the warhead.

Spaced armour, from WWII era Schutzen skirts through to the 'fence' armour on the Stryker and the chains dangled from the backs of some Israeli tank turrets, works by making the charge detonate early, allowing the jet to dissipate to a considerable extent before it contacts the main armour of the vehicle. It's disadvantage is a bad habit of getting caught on things.

Reactive armour works on a different principle, by disrupting the jet with an explosion directed outwards, but isn't used extensively by the US forces (ISTR the USMC had some kits for their M-60s, but can't think of any other use). Reactive armour is usually easily spotted as a series of thin, angular boxes tacked on top of the existing armour as an add-on. The disadvantage of reactive armour is that it also has a reputation for being easily damaged and even a successful detonation of a box leads a hole in the armour array until you can replace it. Many ATGMs now feature an extended probe with a small charge to trigger any reactive armour before the main charge arrives.

Applique armour covers everything from the purpose designed add-on armour sets used by M-1s and Bradleys and the Kevlar inlays being produced to up-armour Hummers and other softskins, through scavenged bits of metal to spare roadwheels and the crew's personal kit and simply functions by giving the warhead extra material to penetrate before getting to the innards of the vehicle.

All three types will work against shaped-charge warheads, only Applique has a significant effect against KE rounds (though the new Russian Kontakt-5 reactive armour is claimed to be able to defeat a KE round)

There is a fourth type of armour with considerable promise for defeating shaped-charge warheads, electrical armour in which a very powerful electromagnetic discharge is used to disrupt the formation of the jet, but that is at the very early demonstration stage.