New Map "The Mansion" in Progress

BornToKill

Heres some progress shots of "The Mansion" Map thats in progress.To be released with the "Swamp Maze" map as a CQB Multiplayer Map pack.

This is also intended to be AI friendly to allow scripted SAR missions and CQB building entry and room clearance procedures.

Uses all brand new textures i've been painstakingly creating to hopefully get the feel of a Stately Home/Mansion.

Hope you like :)

Mansion.jpg

Great job on the stairs, I really like it. Nice hanging lamp (whatever it's called in English).

Nice details too with the textures. I see a tv-socket ? (in a hallway?) or is it power-socket for vacuum-cleaner ? good detail. :thumbsup:

Big rooms, where's the furniture (lazy removal man :D ) ?

Now where's the president ? :lol:

Looks awesome so far BTK. Some lighting like you have on TheMaze on this one and it will be a winner!! Really good job on the textures aswell. That job is sometimes atleast as hard as getting the 3d layout nice.

• 2 weeks later...

*Cough* just read it :)

Just off to get you some Exclusive screenshots. Bear in mind no lighting has been added and it's still in progress to be released in the TAW CQB Multiplayer Map pack, all being well in time for some X-mas fun.

Edited by BornToKill_TAW

sniper82 - (FYI) When a map is created (in 3dsm) and exported to MAP-file it has a default ambient light (created by 3dsm). It's a bit bright light that lits up everything almost the same. (Maybe there even more default lights).

After applying the lighting tool the default lights are gone and replaced with the once you created (sunlight/ambient light/traffic-lights etc.) This will give a much better effect.

Also shadows work like they should (if you placed the sunlight right).

• 1 month later...

Still a way to go yet guys, upto me neck in real life work, just finishing a large contract off, 2 weeks left on it, and damn Tax Return to do as well before end of Jan.The pleasures of being self employed. Lol.

Consequently i've had little time to put into this map recently but will pick up on it again soon.

I'm considering releasing the Maze map early, and release this one later seperately.

Both will be playable in Single player as well as Multiplayer.

Only the Mansion Map will be able to be scripted with missions, as the Maze Map is too complex and designed purely for Multiplayer.

Although both can be done with Firefight/Defend/Recon game types.

btw, ReconSniper, are you Jenny by anychance?? got same avatar.

Edited by BornToKill_TAW

Both will be playable in Single player as well as Multiplayer.

Only the Mansion Map will be able to be scripted with missions, as the Maze Map is too complex and designed purely for Multiplayer.

Although both can be done with Firefight/Defend/Recon game types.

Good. SP is all I play. Missions are the most fun but if the maps are that good you can still have fun with FF.

• 5 weeks later...