Aliens

have you included the new sounds in a music.xml??or do you have a music.xml and other sounds than the menu sounds are inlcuded?  if yes, that causes the problem

I have a new music.xml that lists only the music in the "Music" folder.

No other sounds are present.

Any news here? 

Are we going to see some alien character any time soon?

Model is finished, just searching for better textures. I can't believe that one of the best Sci Fi movies of all time doesn't have many Alien creature pictures on the net.

Might have to take the best from bits of different shots - unless anyone else has seen some particularly good hi res shots of the alien creature?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new music.xml that lists only the music in the "Music" folder.

does it also lists your new main theme, load themes...?

xml entries:

- <SoundVolFile>

<VersionNumber>1.000000</VersionNumber>

<Count>7</Count>

<Entry Filename="gr_main_theme.wav" Length="31.791" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="load3.wav" Length="30.407" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="action1.wav" Length="30.668" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="action3.wav" Length="30.668" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="afteract_loss.wav" Length="30.668" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="afteract_vic.wav" Length="30.668" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

<Entry Filename="load1.wav" Length="30.955" Min="1.000" Max="2000" Rolloff="2000" />

</SoundVolFile

Names of files in music folder:

gr_main_theme.wav

load3.wav

load1.wav

action1.wav

action3.wav

afteract_loss.wav

afteract_vic.wav

:ermm:

BTW Stalker - great pic of the alien. I searched until 3.45am and never came across THAT one. Got any more like that I could use? :yes:

Edited by LV-426 (A)

Hey.

There is an important thing I have to ask in regards to the guns.  Will they have the original gun sounds from the movie? 

Please let me know.

Yup :yes:

The Pulse rifle uses actual sounds from the movie, as does the grenade launcher.

The Smartgun also has the correct sounds.

Even the Aliens scream that horrific squeal when you nail em with the M41A.

My favourite sound however, is the hydraulic sounding effect when the M577 fires up it's twin cannons. Sounds like a gattling gun warming up and then letting loose :devil:

delete the music.xml and it will work!!!!

I tried to experiment with musics too and found the same big issues. But how could the Frostbite team do it is a mistery for me. It means anyway that it can be done!

delete the music.xml and it will work!!!!

Take back my previous post Stalker!

It worked!

Although it defies logic, after deleting the new music.xml file, all soundtracks work fine.

I tested and re-tested between menu's, and still no CTD's.

Thanks heaps mate :P

Any Marine Skins?

Hmmm....

You will have to ask LV-426 (S) that same question.

I hear that a United States Colonial Marine Model is quite near completion.

Just started working on Marine chr model...knee and calf protectors are done, body armour half way there...

if u change the music files, make sure u edit the musicxml file to represent the new names ( u don't need to overwrite the originals ) and make sure the values given in the xml file are correct . means length and qualety of the new music files

but hey if it works as it is now , everything is fine :)

:alien:

Time for an update.

I have a first draft of the Alien character that will be one of your targets in this mod. When I say "first draft", I mean first draft. Whilst the overall appearance of the creature is reasonably good, it is currently still under development - ie very much beta.

Both the model and the texure are getting new treatment.

The model is being improved by making the hands and feet much more "alien-like" and the texture is being fine-tuned to give it more of a "scare-the-XXXX-out-of-me" appearance.

There are two pics to view. Note - neither of these pics include the new map (the LV426 settlement) that will be included in the mod.

First pic, you and fellow US colonial marines get a reading on your tracker, but can only make out a dark shape in the unlit corridoor.

Obviously you quicky switch to night vision, only to be confronted with this.

The next sound you hear could be your last. You be the judge

:devil: