joint ops mp demo today !!!!

snakebite1967

Would be even better if it was with some switched on guys using comms and team work :)

Finial version. Co-op. Then we shall have our day...

(or if we could get about 5 more guys we know in a team game.)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Mac. Need to try and get some screenies of a helo insert into a LZ, thats mayhem and madness.

Or is it madness and mayhem, I can never remember ;)

:D I've been playing this for a few days now. I am TOTALLY impressed. I think this will be the next game I jump to while waiting for GR2 to arrive on shelves. This has intense action and great teamwork...

I highly recommend that you grab it today!!!

I have been playing a bit on my own and i agree its looking very promising, i will keep an eye out for some of you guys in the servers... :thumbsup:

Jump on the UK Island Hopper Server mate, I get a ping in single digits and it supports 120 players. :rocky:

I have been playing a bit on my own and i agree its looking very promising, i will keep an eye out for some of you guys in the servers...  :thumbsup:

Jump on the UK Island Hopper Server mate, I get a ping in single digits and it supports 120 players. :rocky:

Single digit pings? Wow, I'll look out for that server, tx!

It's generally < 20 for us Scots Rocky. Dunno where about's it is, but it's still really fast.

It was a 100 Player server until a few days ago then it got up'ed to 120. They must be trying to see how high they can push it before it falls over.

It was a 100 Player server until a few days ago then it got up'ed to 120. They must be trying to see how high they can push it before it falls over.

Me and my brother were on it when they increased it to 120, it was last Tuesday I believe. :rocky:

:D Played the UK Island Hopper for a bit...

It was very cool to see the day/night cycle in effect. The tracer fire was intense and much more intimidating when inserting by helo at night...

I did find that 120 players seemed a bit too much though. The minute I shot my rifle, I had at least 15 soldiers returning laser accurate fire on my position...

It was cool to run to a base along with 20 other soldiers though...made it feel like a war movie...

:thumbsup: This DEMO has done nothing but continually impress me. I will be purchasing this title when it is released...

Yeah.

I'm now 100% on the purchase.

Sure, I'm certain there will be a fairly lenghty period of getting it 'just right' but it was same for GR.

I reckon this time next year - gaming will be bliss with JO in ful swing - patched up and whatnot, and GR2 thoroughly landed on our laps.

Ahhh the joy.

Been playing some more JO today for few hours on a 64 server (about just right numbers wise) and really starting to develop a strategy for chopper/sniper..and hit the top few on the leaderboard and work with a few other players who were on for the same duration.

All promising.

I like the game, but when i tried to play in the UK Island Hopper server all i kept coming across was people on your own side sticking demo's to all the vehicles and blowing them up every time you tried to get into one, that and the fact that by the time i had worked out who was on what side i had been shot already it was testing my patience after 10 mins or so.

I will probably play it, but only with people i know on servers i trust, not the public jumping fragfest thats running at the moment.. :wall:<_<

The 100+ servers are a bit wild. By wild I mean in terms of the players rather than the gameplay.

It is an unfortunate situtation that because some of the more mentally challenged players can't TK you, the've taken to destroying their on helicopters and vehicles, morons every last one.

The smaller 32 player servers offer more opportunities for teamplay, as they are generally run by clans. Unfortunatley they tend to stick to one side, and allow Joe Public, and the rest of the wombats on the other team (generally the Rebels). But it offers more control than the larger servers at the moment.

Hopefully come full game release their will be better admin controls for the servers.

I will probably play it, but only with people i know on servers i trust, not the public jumping fragfest thats running at the moment..

Yo Zebb - I hear u.

It is a problem with any game that opens to 'The Publik'...

you get abuse and plonkers in equal measure.

I tend to find the best servers are the 32/32 or 64/64 sized games - and often the ones named after clans...played an hour last night on a serve called "NS Recruiting" (UK) and had a cracking time. Very tough - and demanding...but all fair play - and plenty of dedicated roles being played such as a good chinook pilot and a couple of other guys who were playing same role as me...so I think u just need to hop around to find a good game then settle for an hour.

Thats right guys, i suppose i have been spoilt by playing on decent GR/BfV etc servers for so long now iv'e forgotten just how bad some of these pubic (no, not a mistake) servers are.

I would really enjoy the game in a decent server with some like minded individuals, i'll probably try a few smaller ones and see if things improve...... :thumbsup:

JOINT OPERATIONS: TYPHOON RISING GETS PUNKBUSTER TREATMENT

CALABASAS, CA (April 20th 2004) – Entertainment software developer and publisher NovaLogic, Inc. today announced that they have teamed up with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate the PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat system into the soon to be released PC game Joint Operations™: Typhoon Rising™.

The move by NovaLogic to include the PunkBuster software in Joint Operations is another positive step in the company’s continuing crusade to stop cheating in multiplayer games, which are played worldwide via the company’s own internet gaming service, NovaWorld (www.novaworld.com).

‘Joint Operations can host huge multiplayer battles online and over LAN, so the need for strong anti-cheat measures is greater than ever,’ commented Joel Taubel, Producer of Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. ‘Combining PunkBuster and Joint Operations means that we can securely deliver vast modern combat arenas to the public.’

Set in Indonesia in the near future, Joint Ops is set to take the multiplayer community by storm. Developed using NovaLogic’s enhanced Black Hawk engine, Joint Operations uses superior multiplayer technology that enables gamers to play in large scale player games online via NovaWorld.

Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising (PC CD ROM) hits stores on May 18th, 2004.

>---<

Additionally - I've DL'ed the Mod Tools necessary to Edit and Mod the J.O. Demo so that You can convert and bring BHD Maps into the J.O. Demo and use them.

:blink:

That said - I will Package these Tools into a Proper Zip File and then Upload them to Our Site's DL Section for Everyone who wants Them this Saturday.

I'll also get into these J.O. Demo Modding Tools A.S.A.P. ( Before Saturday - ;) ) so that I can answer any questions if the need arises.

Respectfully,

When You're in the Hosting Screen - You must 1st Click Left Side Mission Type GUI over to "Advance and Secure" ( Left Arrow twice ). This Left Side GUI will now have a Mission Type of "Advance and Secure". Underneath that will be a Map and Mission called "Pulau Jagung Islands". Double-Click on top of the "Pulau Jagung Islands" Entry and it should then move to the Right Side GUI. Additionally - You should now Notice that the "Start Hosting" Button is now Lit up.

You can click on top of the Red Arrow under Switch and this will keep You on the same Team throughout the Game's Duration even when a Restart occurs. You can leave it alone and You'll just be transferred to the Alternate Team every time the Game is Won or Lost. It's up to You.

Now...

Click on top of the "Start Hosting" Button and You should be onto Your Loading Screen and Off to the Races.

>--<

BTW - I'd said I would release some Repackaged J.O. Mod Tools for DL at Our Site. The reason for this is It would have been nice to have a better quality Installer and more Information regarding these Mod Tools and their Usage rather than Mutiple Zip and Rar Files ( Perhaps an .exe - hehe ).

This is what I will endeavour to do but I am on a Learning Curve here with these Tools and once I've figured out how to accomplish what the Maker of the Tools has with them - I'll hold off on releasing what I have for right now.

If You can't wait You can go to the Linked Site ( nova-inside ) in a previous Post within this Thread and get the Tools Yourself. You can then begin on Your own right now.

These Tools that I've spoken of are in their DL Section under J.O.T.R.

That said - I will be releasing the Improved Explanation and Installer Version I've spoken of - Just a little later ( Couple more days is all ).

;)

Sincerely,

SOTOMac:

We have a team being assembled for JO over at [TE.net] with some familiar faces from here including Rocky, T, Pave, Sart (and even a few good guys :P ), and I'm sure we would be up for some competitive small scale operations.

How many guys do you have together?

PM me if you think there is scope in getting everyone together for a few hours.

I'm sure it would be good to play this game away from the madness of public servers.

:thumbsup:

Anyone know how to run a demo dedicated server on a server with a non-DX9 compliant video card. I found there are a number of additional switches for use with JODEMO.EXE (/? to see some).

But couldn't figure out the right combo.

Personally - I'm Unsure as to how You would set up the J.O. Demo to Work in a Non-DX9 Enviroment...

Maybe If You can show Us the Switches - Then Pave, Someone else, or I - Can help You get it running...

Sorry I couldn't be of more use in this Instance but I will also Investigate It and try to get back here by tomorrow with an Answer for You.

P.S.

I'm still working on the J.O. Demo Map Editor Package I was going to Re-Release and I'm trying to make It a Quality Package with all that is needed to Mod the Demo.

As I DL'ed the Tools I found the DLs to be more numerous that they should have been ( Multiple Zip and Rar Files ) and the Instructions on their Use - Simply Atrocious and Very Hard to Decipher.

This is what I am trying to do. Put all of the Tools in one Package with Good Instructions on their Use and then I will Offer it for DL with Credit to the Authors of the Tools and the Instructions. That said - I am almost finished and these Tools can be expected in that form - Tommorrow...

Sincerely,