New Banner Celebration!

squad_e

I would like some sort of graphics based competition on here, I'm getting sick of all this Ghost Recon texturing and I need a bloody break! XD plus I seem to be a little less than active around here, a small part of the blame being there isn't much for me to do or talk about. I thought a couple of competitions would spark up some conversation between members. right?

a) The whole point of this site is Ghost Recon as a whole, not just the first one.(and the 10th anniv is over) Future Soldier-like it or not-is the latest installment and must be included.

b) The banner needs to be low quality so that people with lame connections or bandwidth restrictions do not get ######. Also, some other people have decade old computers or mobile devices and want to browse without the page taking five years to render.

c) ...IDK, go start your own site? Make your own banner and use something like greasemonkey to replace the image if you cannot handle GR:FS?

*shrug* it is a banner, as long as it is neutral or compliments the site it is fine. I do not spend all my time looking at it.

It is not going to hurt anything the way it is.

Rocky, you should compile a list of all the banners used in the past and put them up somewhere with the time period they were used for.

*Edit

actually I have been inspecting it mroe closely and I think someone did a really good job hitting a good image quality VS file size ratio. There are not many places where you reasonably see blocks from the compression.

And the other issue is the quality of the viewer's display. On my desktop I have a dell ultrasharp U2711 and the banner looks really good.

However on my notebook with it's crappy display where you have to mutilate the calibration to make it not look like total poo, everything is blown out so you see harsh gradients between the skull and the side images. Among other things.

But that is not in any way the fault of the image, that is a terribad display needed a really nasty colour profile because the panel is just too miserable and inept to handle proper colour.

Teppe, it is time for you to save those pennies and get a real quality monitor.

Edited by Oelmuvun

actually I have been inspecting it mroe closely and I think someone did a really good job hitting a good image quality VS file size ratio. There are not many places where you reasonably see blocks from the compression.

Apex sent me a png, but I did the webmaster job of compressing it to a jpg with the best quality v file size ratio, I thought I got it about right :)