Ghost Recon on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later

The new wrapper for macOS 10.13 High Sierra is now available for download (I've updated the opening post with a new working download link).

Sorry that it took a little longer than expected, but I also added a couple of new features to the wrapper that should make the longer wait worthwhile. :)

16 hours ago, ApexMods said:

The new wrapper for macOS 10.13 High Sierra is now available for download (I've updated the opening post with a new working download link).

Sorry that it took a little longer than expected, but I also added a couple of new features to the wrapper that should make the longer wait worthwhile. :)

That's awesome.  Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated the wrapper again. Fixed some graphics driver issues with High Sierra (visual artifacts) and (hopefully) improved compatibility with different Mac / macOS combos. Should now also be easier to install GR and mods via executable, e.g. GOG installer. Auto-resolution for Retina displays and windowed play should work a little better, too. For those interested, Rainbow Six: Black Ops, Raven Shield, and Sum of All Fears all work too and are automatically added to the menu when installed at their default location (Program Files/Red Storm Entertainment/). Will probably try to make their detection less strict in future versions.

I tried to get GameRanger to work, but so far no luck. Apparently, for PC that stupid thing needs the bug-ridden virus magnet Adobe Flash Player... didn't even know this relict from the stone-age still existed🤮

Would love for people to leave some feature requests! Dunno whether to work on e.g. Steam/GameRanger support first, or rather add automated/unattended GR dedicated server functionality, or expand support for other games, or...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Having trouble with the latest wrapper from May 15.

OS 10.12.6

I an existing setup inside the old wrapper with mods and my own custom kits etc.

When I run the new wrapper, it prompts for existing Ghost Recon. I point it to my existing folder in .../Program Files/Red Storm Entertainment/Ghost Recon

Next the wrapper prompts to Move or Copy. If I choose Copy I get this error-

Error: 1

rm: /private/var/folders/yl/90zyfwz51vbdxyg93s8ym9q80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/DFF1AF07-EAFD-4335-A84E-38288C115225/d/Ghost Recon.app/Ghost Recon.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Red Storm Entertainment//Ghost Recon/: Read-only file system

In: _install_gr_gamefolder

I am still able to run the game by launching the Ghost Recon.app inside the Ghost Recon.app package. BUT I really liked the built-in menu actions you put into your wrapper. Those were really helpful. 

ApexMods-

Could you attach an editable spreadsheet file of the Heroes Unleashed Weapons.pdf from the xtras folder?

I would very much like to do some sorting, filtering and highlighting of the different weapons. Any format would be okay. 

Please and thank you!

Eric

Edited by ballstone

• 1 year later...

The wrapper will be updated again shortly to work on latest 64-bit-only macOS.  As Apple has basically killed AppleScript apps, the new wrapper will be pretty bare bones, lacking bonus features. Works well enough, though. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apex,
I downloaded the file linked at the beginning of this post - the Ghost Recon.app would not open - it said the file is damaged and cannot be opened.  Am I using an older broken file?  I pull up information on the .app and it says created and modified May 11.
Jeff

• Thanks 1

Ok, next try. Works on my end now, but due to the nature of code signatures and extended attributes (it‘s an unholy mess), it would be nice if others could confirm. It‘s a .zip for now, but I’ll still try 7z (higher compression) later.

Now 7z again. About one third smaller. Due to a bug with quarantine attributes, you may have to run an included fix after extraction. Version and mod date stays the same, so don’t mind that for now.