the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i am new here, I just got Ghost Recon 1 + Desert siege for MAC, i 've played island thunder on Xbox and it was one of my favourite games. Now i went to the server list and it seems anything is shutdown. is there any alternative ?? please respond... Xfire doesn't work on mac. only via bootcamp but i don't want to go true that ######.

You have to directly type in IP addressed. No browser.

well i typed in the IP adress(es) but it always says that it is an other version. probably because i do not have Island thunder, i can't find it anywere for MAC.

Isn't there somewere where you can find some IP adresses of more servers ?

Hey, i am new here, I just got Ghost Recon 1 + Desert siege for MAC, i 've played island thunder on Xbox and it was one of my favourite games. Now i went to the server list and it seems anything is shutdown. is there any alternative ?? please respond... Xfire doesn't work on mac. only via bootcamp but i don't want to go true that ######.

There are several (unofficial) Xfire clients for Mac, e.g. BlackFire, iFire, or Xblaze. You could also just install Xfire for PC inside a Wineskin Winery wrapper.

well i typed in the IP adress(es) but it always says that it is an other version. probably because i do not have Island thunder, i can't find it anywere for MAC.

You'll need a PC copy of Island Thunder and convert it for Mac. Instructions and conversion patch available e.g. here.

Isn't there somewere where you can find some IP adresses of more servers ?

Have a look at GameRanger.

Anyone else had this problem with Blood Oil as guy below ?

Posted By on 15/08/11 18:38:14 Very decent mod, except that it is unstable. Twice now, when trying to deactivate Blood Oil to use a different mod, it has crashed and broken my game entirely, so that it crashes every time after when I try to fire up the game. Both times I had to completely uninstall GR and its expansions, delete all files and folders left behind, then re-install.

It's a top-quality mod, but not worth this headache. It takes up to an hour to restore my game, and each time I have to lose all my saved data. Massive, massive flaw.

After downloading and placing the mod in my mods folder I was still unable to join the server yesterday. It did not recognize I had the mod in place. Had no issues activating/deactivating the mod manually. That being said, is this the same directory name for the mod everyone else has, "Blood_Oil"? Also, might be cool from time to time to just go vanilla, no 3rd party mods. Has been so long since I played GR with any frequency I'd be more than content just playing some coop firefight on the stock (GR/DS/IT) maps.

Edited by Low Profile

well been trying to download blood all day, getting below message now, can anyone upload to there google drive or skydrive or simialar for me, cheers

Temporarily Unavailable

This file is temporarily unavailable because there are no resources available under the owner’s account

Edited by Daytrader

Never heard of Blood oil or Vanilla GR. :maybe: Will check them out.

Vanilla is just an expression meaning nothing extra, as in vanilla ice cream with no toppings. Vanilla GR in this case meaning a GR server running only official expansion packs, no 3rd party mods.

Edited by Low Profile

• 2 weeks later...

every time I try to be online:

--- no one is available

--- I got bad internet connection

--- wife is p1ssed!

--- too upset to play, because GR Enemy Ai is so bad awesome, no other game has yet to replace during my previous SP :devil: