Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

New/Changed rules are in bold. There might seem to be a lot of info here, it's so you only have to look in one place for everything you need to know! It only takes 2 or 3 minutes to read and will ensure you don't annoy anyone with n00b type questions :lol:

Date and Time

Friday 18th Jan 2008 2100GMT onwards

Saturday 19th Jan 2008 2100GMT onwards

Game Server IP

74.86.116.136:28966(Provided by Legion of Sparta)

Server Password

rocky

Teamspeak IP

**on 18th September the TS IP will change to: 206.71.154.229:8072 **

66.29.87.135:8072 (Push to Talk please, not voice activated)

See below for an easy TS guide on how to use channels for team games.

Server Settings

Killcam - Off

Respawns - 10 second normal, 20 second for teamkillers

Hardcore - On

Friendly Fire - On

GameType - Sabotage followed by longer TDM with spawns later on

Map list

Back Lot

Bog

Countdown

Crash

Crossfire

City Streets

Overgrown

Pipeline

Showdown

Strike

Vacant

Rules

No Nade Spamming

No Spawn camping (intentionally)

No Martyrdom or Last Stand Perks (this is not a modded server, please deslect these perks before joining)

No Airstrikes on Spawn Points (intentionally)

Crouch only. Only run to evade frags or suppresive fire.

Airstrikes and Helicopter are permitted Use teamwork to counter these attacks!

Teams will be split and a Teamspeak channels set for each team! Who'll win the night, SAS or Spetsnaz?

Notes

You must try and join the SPARTA Teamspeak server listed above. If you do not have a mic, or do not want to talk, you should at least make an effort to join so you can listen to your teammates. Think about your team, get on TS :thumbsup:

When you join, press T and introduce yourself if your CoD4 handle is different from your GR.net one.

This is a Tactical Game Server, play with sportsmanship, and enjoy!

Teamspeak Guide

Sometimes we'll expect members of each team to play AS A TEAM, hows that :thumbsup: In order to do that we'll have one teamspeak channel for the SAS and one for members of the Spetsnaz team. So you can quickly jump into the correct channel without leaving the game screen, all you have to do is set up a quick key binding, and here is how...

ts1.jpg

Open this menu to access the keybinding settings. To set up a channel jump binding look at each of the settings in this next screenshot, which is setting up F1+1 key combo to jump into the SAS channel.

ts2.jpg

Achieve this by clicking ADD then in this order...

Action Switch To

Select Channel in the next box

Select SAS/US in the next box - the dropdown box, from under the GR.net title.

Now set your key combo

Hit the SET buttons up the top and press the keys you wish to use to cause the channel jump.

Repeat to make a channel jump for the Russian side.

Close the menu down then try pressing your new key combos to see that it works. This will also work while you are ingame. No evesdropping on the other team though, that would be messy if you are caught :P

Thanks to SPARTA Floyd for the tip!

Edited by Pave Low

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wanting to take a pot shot at me will have to be there sharpish, sods law - I am starting nightshift for 7 nights starting Friday 2200hrs :wall:

I'll get in touch with Floyd, hopefully he's planning on being there and will agree to Admin the server.

That's cool Custard, thanks.

I have edited the full post above with innstructions on how to set up a TS Channel jump so that people can easily jump from the SAS TS channel to the Russian one once they see what team they end up on.

If we have a link to that post in teamspeak, it will save alot of time repeating instructions to get everyone up to speed on TS.

Thanks Rocky if anyone needs help with TS on the night I will be on and will help out (any other SPARTA admins will too I am sure). Many of us used to use channel commander and split TS into squads if this takes off we can help with this, makes the game so much more tactical moving in squads. I know this game can be played tactically it just is going to need some dedicated peeps to push it in that direction. I looked tonight and there are 15,000 servers there must be ###### loads of adults out there that want to play tactically like us.

While we where setting up the server for tonight’s games,

It came apparent when we were testing the mode that you have a big red kill me flag above your head in Sabotage, personally I’m ok with this but it does make it difficult in crouch only, just a heads up.

We can change the map rotation fairy quickly if needed

While we where setting up the server for tonight’s games,

It came apparent when we were testing the mode that you have a big red kill me flag above your head in Sabotage, personally I’m ok with this but it does make it difficult in crouch only, just a heads up.

We can change the map rotation fairy quickly if needed

Hmm, I don't remember seeing that when playing on the TGS server, we can change it to another gametype if that's the case though.

Thanks for the games guys but i had to bail after a few because i was lagging all over the maps, suddenly leaping across open ground when i wasn't moving and when i opened fire there was a delay before anything happened which made things tricky, plus all the usual lag glitches you normally expect including tk's galore because people would suddenly appear in front of me after i had opened fire even away from the spawn.

Having the friendly fire on is a good idea but if you are getting that much lag it takes a lot of the fun out of it when you are killing your team mates on a regular basis..

But thanks anyway guys, if i wasn't having the lag issues i would have played all night there was a good bunch in tonight. :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Just come off a Fanbloodytastic game tonight. I sympathise with Zebb, i had awful lag last week so had to drop out. This week i had very little lag, but no one could hear me on TS. Think it's sorted now so hopefully see you all tonight too.

Catch ya later

K

This week i had very little lag, but no one could hear me on TS.

All I could hear was your bullets thumping me in the head. Argh! :)

Sparta - as always...great games.

Rocky - missed you...or should I say...missed shooting you.

Hi All,

Just come off a Fanbloodytastic game tonight. I sympathise with Zebb, i had awful lag last week so had to drop out. This week i had very little lag, but no one could hear me on TS. Think it's sorted now so hopefully see you all tonight too.

Catch ya later

K

Ah, ok mate maybe i will drop in again tonight and see if its any better for me, it was a damn shame i had to drop because the games were good, although, and its just an observation, with the FF on please watch out for crossing in front of people because several times i was just about to open fire when someone would wander across my field of view and i had to back off, which ended up with both of us getting killed by the enemy guy i was about to fire on, i don't know what's worse, getting "timed out" for a tk, or getting killed by someone you saw but couldn't attack... :blink:

For to night games I thought some Headquarters to start then maybe Tdm or search & Destroy, or we can mix it up a bit towards the end to keep us all on our toes

Ah, ok mate maybe i will drop in again tonight and see if its any better for me, it was a damn shame i had to drop because the games were good, although, and its just an observation, with the FF on please watch out for crossing in front of people because several times i was just about to open fire when someone would wander across my field of view and i had to back off, which ended up with both of us getting killed by the enemy guy i was about to fire on, i don't know what's worse, getting "timed out" for a tk, or getting killed by someone you saw but couldn't attack... :blink:

Zebb I hope its better for you tonight, but just in case it helps we will turn off the servers that are not being used, there not much else we can do I’m afraid

For to night games I thought some Headquarters to start then maybe Tdm or search & Destroy, or we can mix it up a bit towards the end to keep us all on our toes

Zebb I hope its better for you tonight, but just in case it helps we will turn off the servers that are not being used, there not much else we can do I’m afraid

Ok mate thanks, i will be back on tonight to see if i can get it to run better i know its difficult, especially during what is the early evening over here and so the busiest time for the net, so i expect it probably has more to do with the connections over here than your servers but i appreciate the offer it may be enough to make a difference.. :thumbsup:

For the guys with lag particularly on teamspeak check for bugs. It happened to me in the last 10 days and I did 4 different scans and found 3 nasties and my lag has gone after removing them.

I have a few problems running TS and CoD together for some reason. Several times in game I lose connection as indicated by the little ethernet connector icon. Also, in between rounds when the next map is loading, if someone talks on TS it sounds very distorted.

I'm considering (being the rather large geek that I am) setting my laptop up on my desk and running TS off of it and using my main computer to play the game. This will also prevent alt-tabbing out which sometimes works or sometimes locks the game up.

For the guys with lag particularly on teamspeak check for bugs. It happened to me in the last 10 days and I did 4 different scans and found 3 nasties and my lag has gone after removing them.

Yeah no issues there mate i use adaware/Spybot and my AV at least once week as well as a defrag regularly.

You can't be too careful nowadays lol :hmm:

A big thank you to Floyd and all the SPARTA guys for some great lag free games tonight, i was only able to play for about an hour but it was a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

I play mainly TDM but the HQ games were a tricky challenge... :blush: