Campaign CoOp Team Leader Dies End Game

Set up a server today and played Campaign CoOp, when setting up the server noticed that it had options for 0-9 respawns and thought great, we can go for realistic to insanity. Half way through the mission my team had gotten killed a couple of times and all respawned as advertized then I got it and GAME END. WTH, thought we told you guys to fix that so that it could be selected on or off. This makes that version of the game total crap.

Great job on the Online CoOp though, but 3 maps kinda silly considering you can put all of them in to the other CoOp.

Well if you were a suspicious type you could suggest that the "Mission abort on Leader death" toggle was omitted purposely with the intent of including it in a later patch as new content, thereby generating a whole new chorus of praise from the choir.

LOL, ok, but seriously this one was a huge complaint from the CoOp side when GR:AW came out and so much so that they can not claim they didn't know. The excuse then was that they could not patch it in to the game because the code did not allow it or some such excuse.

Fine, but now we have a new game and they should never have made the same mistake twice.

If this is also not fixable then they had better get the other CoOp up to speed asap as this is totally unacceptable for CoOp matches/Tourneys.

It has never ended with the death of the team leader during our tests.

First player (original team leader) dies. Second player becomes team leader and first player can respawn when the team is no longer under fire. Those are the default settings.

Which version did you play cause we did both and the one where you can input all 10 maps everytime the team leader died the game ended. The other one where there are only 3 maps (which are awesome Missions btw) we had respawns of all players including the leader.

Which version did you play cause we did both and the one where you can input all 10 maps everytime the team leader died the game ended. The other one where there are only 3 maps (which are awesome Missions btw) we had respawns of all players including the leader.

I'm talking about Campaign Coop, so it's odd. I think this is the second or third post I've seen about this. You are sure that none of the options where adjusted?

In Coop there is no team leader, so everyone is handled the same in all aspects. ;)

Online Server - you get just 3 CoOp maps everything works great.

Online Campaign Sever - Which is what [GR] was all about, you get the 10 campaign maps to play on with your buds (CoOp) and if you set the respawn at 0 or any other number as soon as the TL gets killed the game ends.

Edited by Fletch

Online Campaign Sever - Which is what [GR] was all about, you get the 10 campaign maps to play on with your buds (CoOp) and if you set the respawn at 0 or any other number as soon as the TL gets killed the game ends.

Noted. Will tell someone to take a look at it.

Play with respawns for now to be on the safe side.

are there any other players in the field left ?

did they respawn before the team leader died ?

cause that can happen some times,

when in a fire fight the team gets killed team leader stays in field cause it is passed on to the last one still standing, but if he still is under fire and gets killed it is game over, cause he has to get out of the fire before any one can spawn.

if the team leader is on his own he must go back to a save area so that his team can respawn, if that does not happen he dies and every one is dead and there is no leader to spawn upon.

are there any other players in the field left ?

did they respawn before the team leader died ?

cause that can happen some times,

when in a fire fight the team gets killed team leader stays in field cause it is passed on to the last one still standing, but if he still is under fire and gets killed it is game over, cause he has to get out of the fire before any one can spawn.

if the team leader is on his own he must go back to a save area so that his team can respawn, if that does not happen he dies and every one is dead and there is no leader to spawn upon.

They played without respawns, so no.

Yes, there were other live players and they were still alive. As soon at the TL died the Game Ended No Matter What the server setting was on for respawns. We also tried it with live people and up to 3 AI and the results were always the same.

Quoted for fun:

Edited by Fletch

Quoted for fun:

As posted, try with unlimited respawns for now as I know that works. We have played it for months while testing the maps.

As posted, try with unlimited respawns for now as I know that works. We have played it for months while testing the maps.

I looked at every server type for the server options and do not see one for unlimited respawn. Strange, since my game works is it possible I got a bad install?

I got the same problem, Fletch. I did in a mission today playing with 3 bots. It was a LAN and when I died the server ended. In GRAW though, I'd die and I'd respawn as the next character. I don't remember the server settings though. Don't think I changed any.

I looked at every server type for the server options and do not see one for unlimited respawn. Strange, since my game works is it possible I got a bad install?

Unlimited respawns is when you set the value to 0

Ive been playing campaign quite extensively since release and I have not encountered this bug..weird really

Ive been playing campaign quite extensively since release and I have not encountered this bug..weird really

So does no one read the begining posts? I did do it on ZERO as I previously posted, just didn't know that was for unlimited, I thought it meant No Respawn.

Yes, there were other live players and they were still alive. As soon at the TL died the Game Ended No Matter What the server setting was on for respawns. We also tried it with live people and up to 3 AI and the results were always the same.

Quoted for fun:

Has anyone tried it in LAN?
Yes. As Ghost Lead w/Ghost AI -various maps -Respawn set at 0=Game Over at leader death.

Perhaps not for this game mode.

Any tests with other respawn settings?

Tinker posted that they killed the team leader and it continued here: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry479743

Don't have the ability to play the game over the weekend as my system sucks (I am getting a new one soon now that I've started getting payed) so I can't check the settings for on which side the slider should be on for unlimited respawns. But the default settings should be unlimited respawns.

Max Deaths tested 0 thru 9, all result in Game Over on Leader death (Lead+Ghost AI) (v1.02).

now that I've started getting payed
With all the overtime you are putting in here your next check should be even better! :thumbsup:

Max Deaths tested 0 thru 9, all result in Game Over on Leader death (Lead+Ghost AI) (v1.02).

I think if you play alone with AI the respawn doesn't work anyhow. The mission is played just like in SP then. Why? Because that would make an AI the team leader, which the player would then respawn on and that would make the player loose all the support units and the control over the other AI units, which would leave them standing until the AI that is now team leader is killed so the player is once more declared team leader. So you see how that really doesn't work. AI are not extra lives.

So where all the other game when this happened also played alone with AI team members?

I don't feel like going through all the text again, but I think someone posted that they played with other players, in which case there really is a bug.

So you see how that really doesn't work. AI are not extra lives.

So where all the other game when this happened also played alone with AI team members?

I don't feel like going through all the text again, but I think someone posted that they played with other players, in which case there really is a bug.

That makes sense with the AI, it would be very frustrating to have them take over.

If I have it correct you are asking if when this happened was I gaming with AI only? If so then No, I was doing a mix of just People (2 of us) and added in the AI. There was 1 time I tried it after my teammate left with all AI but your explaination of why AI won't work makes perfect sense and that part of the testing moot.

Lastly, yes I was playing with a real live person when this happened and at first the respawns was set at max of 9. My Teammate suggested that I reset the server at Zero as he said he thought that was unlimited and I told Him I thought it was No Respawn. Upon resetting the server with the value set to Zero the same thing happened. I had him go forward from the drop to encounter the enemy and get killed and he respawned, then I did it and the game ended, He was back at the drop zone. We tried this several times to make sure it was not a fluke.

We played on the 2 Server Types of Online Server and Online Campaign Server.

On the Online Campaign Server where you can play the 10 Mission maps, is where this happened. At first it was only us two and during testing of this we started adding in AI and leaving them back at the drop zone.

On the Online Server where you only get 3 CoOp maps the respawn was working for both TL and Player.