TDM Map "Outside" Final Beta v0.2 Release

unwritt3n

Hey guys,

Some of you already know and have my beta v0.1 of my first map. For you guys that dont know, ive tried to create a map that can best be like [GR] as i could with the little knowledge of the editor i have.

It is setup as domination, but with only the 2 bases Alpha and Bravo, so it makes it TDM. The map is large!!! Best with max players i reckon!!

I invite all server host to download this map and add it to their rotation list. Remember this is still in beta stage so there are prob some bugs and graphical glicthes that ive missed.

Most things have been fixed since v0.1, but i have already found the following in this beta:

-I got no idea how to make my map display properly in the tac map!!!!

-Some of the fence line is not touching ground, making it possible to get under it and run around the outside of the map, and possibly falling off the map.

-Some shanty walls are still in mid air, i swear i fixed them again, but they are still in mid air.

I will fix these in the next build which will be the final one, but i ask everyone to download and install and beta test away!!!! But have fun while doing so!

Hope you guys like it!

MY FINAL BUILD WILL BE RELEASED BY FRIDAY 30TH, SO I HAVE REMOVED MY DOWNLOAD MIRROR. WILL POST IN HERE WHEN I HAVE UPLOADED IT.

Here are some screenies:

MAP OVERVIEW V0.1

vsqletqkut.jpg

MEX SPAWN v0.1

bhczunhtyy.jpg

GHOST SPAWN v0.2

uonqwvduai.jpg

MID v0.2

kcetcoswcq.jpg

MEX SPAWN OVER THIS HILL v0.2

zdifignynq.jpg

MEX SPAWN BELOW (FROM GUARD TOWER) v0.2

tkhuexqrni.jpg

OPEN AREA NEAR MEX SPAWN v0.2

wyoyudsgis.jpg

Edited by unwritt3n

just played some 2v2 on my map on a lan. Worked great and well. Hopefully the same with online!!

Hope u guys are liking it

i loaded the outseid map on AOD TDM server well done can you fix the spawns B is out side the radar top hand right. should move it to the bottom middel . i can See A but like i said B is off the map thxs hope to see more tdm maps

just played some 2v2 on my map on a lan. Worked great and well. Hopefully the same with online!!

i loaded the outseid map on AOD TDM server well done can you fix the spawns B is out side the radar top hand right. should move it to the bottom middel . i can See A but like i said B is off the map thxs hope to see more tdm maps

Its not the spawns that are stuffed.. its just the tac map stuffing up. I dunno how to capture the map properly. Its all way out.

Just played in a server hosting my map.. got some good feedback.. there are still a few bugs... but hopefully they are all fixed in my next release due before end of the week.

Also im gonna try and get my night version one out too.

Thanks for the hosting!!!

Just played in a server hosting my map.. got some good feedback.. there are still a few bugs... but hopefully they are all fixed in my next release due before end of the week.

I think it bears mentioning that When using these maps you need to have unlimited respawn or when a team is killed off you will run down the timer waiting for map change you can not use max deaths setting with the tdm maps.

For this reason our BDA server is now only running domination maps until this bug is fixed or until Grin blesses us with the game mode that works

Most of the download links have been removed as my new version is coming hopefully today or tmoz. Releasing both a day and night version if it all works out... cant promise anything.. but definatly an updated (hopefully bugfree) day version!

I think it bears mentioning that When using these maps you need to have unlimited respawn or when a team is killed off you will run down the timer waiting for map change you can not use max deaths setting with the tdm maps.

For this reason our BDA server is now only running domination maps until this bug is fixed or until Grin blesses us with the game mode that works

That's bizarre. They must have changed that in the latest patch because up until that point limited spawn games worked just fine with this method of TDM maps.

Its not the spawns that are stuffed.. its just the tac map stuffing up. I dunno how to capture the map properly. Its all way out.

You need to find the zones.xml file that goes with your map and edit the borders line in it. tl=top left, br=bottom right. Change the numbers and check in the editor to see if the white outline surrounds the entirety of your map's playable area when in the multiplayer section.

That's bizarre. They must have changed that in the latest patch because up until that point limited spawn games worked just fine with this method of TDM maps.

You need to find the zones.xml file that goes with your map and edit the borders line in it. tl=top left, br=bottom right. Change the numbers and check in the editor to see if the white outline surrounds the entirety of your map's playable area when in the multiplayer section.

AWESOME!!! Thanks heaps TedSmith been wondering how to do this for ages!!! ill see how it works.