HELP, i need somebody

If you have the cash, the best prebuilt performance machines are made by Alienware. Check out their site. They are complete systems with monitors , speakers, everything. They have awesome warranties, and great customer service.

If you go to Buy, I highly recommend the HP Pavillions with P4's in them. Let me explain why P4 over Athlon before the flaming starts.

In the HP's, they are great computers, but the cases arent ventilated worth a darn. The P4's run cooler when ventilation and air circulation are a problem. At Best Buy, the HP's have the best warranty and service. If something goes wrong, and they have to fix it more than once, or it takes over long, they give you a new PC, comparable or as close as they can to what you bought, and they will go up, not down when replacing it.

If you want to go Athlon and prebuilt, go with Alienware.

Those are my recommendations for both scenarios.

http://www.alienware.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right on. I agree, HP have some good deals. He may want to check out vpr Matrix when he goes to BestBuy. vpr's are specially made just for BestBuy. Ive got a vpr Matrix that has an Intel P4, 1.8Gigs, 512MB of PC2700 RAM, 80 Gig HDD, WinXP Home, etc etc. The point is Ive never had a problem with it that couldnt be fixed with a reboot.

ok, thx for the suggestions guys. i think they sell alienwares at bestbuy as well. but the one i saw was for 2000 bucks.

i saw a machine at best buy, i forget what it was called, it started with an M and it had a P4, 2.4ghz, 512mb of Ram, 80gb hd, etc. it was pretty nice. and emachines had some nice ones, which is the company that made the computer that i use right now(a E-machines E-Tower 600is). but ill look into HP and see what they got.

Sounds like yer need to convince his parents guys!

Puters are bit like cars, yer never win! They're constantly developing with better bells and whistles and after yer bought them they lose most of their value cos there's a faster one just come out etc. etc.

You haven't got to spend £1200 ($2000) to get a puter that will run most current games and it should do all the standard stuff. If yer want to get clever, then add kit specific to your purpose eg. a video capture card if yer want bring in home video. A scanner if yer want document input and so on.

Avoid low cost badged like the plague because they'll be full of low cost components, naturally enough.

Personally, I never buy badged systems as I like to specify exactly what goes into the box. Building yer own is not highly skilled but it does require some basic understanding, time and commonsense. Choosing where to get the components is very important as you will want to be confident that they are reliable and good quality. Again, I never buy from the Web! It's difficult to return faulty stuff and it's much better to talk to the seller, face to face if you've got a problem.

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice!!

M. ;)

Good post Tecmic !!

But, should you decide to build your own, just contact some shops and stores in your area, find the parts you want, and ask about them. Even ask about them here.

I also dont recommend purchasing computer parts over the web. If you need help when building it, I know that I or perhaps several qualified people here would be glad to walk you through it. Building it is not dificult at all, and that way, if one of us is walking you through it, we can explain how everything works to you along the way, and this in turn will help you keep a smooth running machine.

having never even heard of an alienware comp, i'll have to back the hp. i got a pavillion and it works a treat. and yes, they do have a good back up service, atleast here in oz.

apart from that if you know how then go out and build one, i'll probably be doing that next