Help playing coop

I hate to resort to this, but I really would appreciate help getting Ghost Recon coop to work. I've tried every program (tungle, himachi, game ranger, evolve, zero tier etc) and Ive watched every single tutorial out there but I still cannot figure it out. I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to changing router settings, and setting IP address and all that jazz. This is where things get grey for me. I simply cannot figure it out. 

I am asking if someone would be willing to voice chat with me and be patient because I am completely green stuff this technical.

If you are willing to help me get coop going, I will gift you a game on Steam that is equal value to the original Ghost Recon as a way of saying thank you.

LOL you do sound almost desperate.

No need for gift incentives, let's see if we can get you going though...

So a few things to check first before we get on to troubleshooting the co-op issues...

1. This is for the original Ghost Recon?
  2. You have it installed on Steam?
  3. Island Thunder, Desert Siege installed?
  4. Game patched to latest version?
  5. Graphic card drivers up to date?

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

LOL you do sound almost desperate.

No need for gift incentives, let's see if we can get you going though...

So a few things to check first before we get on to troubleshooting the co-op issues...

1. This is for the original Ghost Recon?
  2. You have it installed on Steam?
  3. Island Thunder, Desert Siege installed?
  4. Game patched to latest version?
  5. Graphic card drivers up to date?

I'm a little desperate but I'm also extremely frustrated with it.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4.Yes

5.Yes

I'm also playing with the Heroes Unleashed mod.

19 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Ok.

So what exact problem are you having - do you have a mate who is hosting and you cant join, or is your mate unable to join you (ie via direct IP connection - are or you looking for a server browser?

My friend has the same problem I have. Neither of us can host a coop game and neither of us can find each other's server. I guess the root of my problem is I don't know how to use those third party programs aforementioned. Ive watched and studied as many tutorials as I could find.

Edited by DennyFrontier

Okay you don't need any of those programmes if its just you and some pals - you just need to know your own IP number, give it to you coop pals, and then the join using that, right there in the multiplayer tab of ghost recon.

In the search bar of your browser type my ip
 and when you search it should give you your IP.

Like Rocky says just text it or email your IP to your buds and they should be able to join unless...
-you are behind a firewall or anti-virus that needs you to give permission for GR to connect to the internet.
- you are using a router, then you need to do port forwarding in your router. I think the ports are: TCP: 2346-2348   UDP: 2346-2348
 There are tutorials online and on YouTube. Knowing the brand and model # of your router may be of help.

Not sure about this idea so anyone please pipe in that knows more about it. If you have a router and don't want to do port forwarding plug your Ethernet cable directing into your computer's Ethernet port bypassing the router. Again unsure if this is a good or bad idea.

Run the game with no mods until you have successfully hosted a game.

About Heroes Unleashed:

1. If Desert Siege or Island Thunder are not present, it is necessary

to install compatibility add-ons for Heroes Unleashed.  You find

them included in the mod's "XTRAS" bonus content folder:
           Found in: "Heroes Unleashed\XTRAS\HU Compatibility Add-Ons\"

11 hours ago, Rocky said:

Okay you don't need any of those programmes if its just you and some pals - you just need to know your own IP number, give it to you coop pals, and then the join using that, right there in the multiplayer tab of ghost recon.

It doesnt work. Ive done that. And we've both completely disabled our firewalls before trying to connect.

And I have tried to port forward my router and that still does not work

Edited by DennyFrontier

check network connections if you have more than one, for example (tungle, hamachi, evolve, zero tier etc) disable or delete them. If you need them you can activate them temporarily but deactivate them to play.These adapters have the habit of writing to the Hosts file as the primary connection, and interfere with access to your normal connection.

image.png.118791d1dddd377ef09d49d0004329a2.png

For the port forwarding it is important to the Host-PC a fixed IP otherwise the release does not work. You can do this in the router or the settings of the network adapter.

image.png.5253f3ad373d04abdb05e3ba5d8fa577.png The IP in the photo is just an example

Restart after the changes

to test you try to dial one of these servers, visit http://5.45.107.182

Edited by Eisenhauer

On 03/01/2020 at 15:55, Rocky said:

Who's your ISP and what router is it, and where are you located?

Well I have Spectrum. And as for my router its an old Linksys. And I'm up in Ohio. I've tried both opening the ports as mentioned and bypassing the router all together by hard-wiring it to my PC.

Edited by DennyFrontier