Special Operations 2 Update

Some remarkable updates here in Special Operations 2 released in a few days on the 24th!

New Ghost Mode

This looks like it addresses many of the hardcore gamer concerns about some of the gameplay design decisions made with Wildlands. Create a new character and play the campaign over with new hardcore settings.  So, for example - you will only be able to carry ONE primary weapon, so no more assault rifle in one hand and a massive sniper rifle slung over your shoulder! There was a lot of negative feedback about this from one corner of the community, so it is very exciting to see the dev team are listening and deploying these requested updates! This mode also restricts weapon changes to ammo box locations, and reloads are now managed properly - so if you are in the habit of reloading during every quiet spell, you better get used to dumping a lot of live rounds! Friendly fire with PERMA DEATH! Yep, you can end up shooting your AI teammates and if your character is shot and not revived, he dies and all progression is lost! Wait, we have to start the campiagn over if we die?!!! Do I love this or hate it?? I Don't know!

Also - and here's a shocker - you can toggle OFF your AI team and go truly solo in the campaign! This is a MASSIVE turnaround from the dev team who have always maintained that the Ghosts should operate as a small team and leaving them behind is not an option. Well now, due to popular demand it IS and option! I must admit I am shocked at this, it takes developer interest in listening to fan feedback to a whole new level.

New Theme - not revealed yet, colour me intrigued though!

New PVP Victory Screen with custom poses lol!

New SNOW PvP map, Ghosts love snow maps so I can't wait to see this one.

New PvP Observer mode - not unlike Siege - emphasises commitment to moving Ghost War deeper into e-sports territory. 

New Ghost War Daily Challenges - incentive to get gud!

New Prestige Credits system  - earn in campaign PVE and Ghost War PvP, and the new Ghost Mode!

100 new Battle Crate items  - Emotes, Voice lines, Weapons, Vehicles, customisations!

New PVE Missions!!

Two new PVP classes. - Not revealed yet

All in - this is a freaking amazing update, hats off Ubi - you've blown it out of the park again!

-Victory Screen is mostly to sell pose micro transactions (not a crime if it funds content)

-I just wish Tier Mode unlocks can be available to use with the new Ghost mode character file

- permadeath, is it really whole campaign or just a removal of revives

-look forward to seeing the new gear, hopefully Ai now use their optics too

-Happy with update, though it would be extra nice if season pass holders received free crates with each update (value added and such)

bottom line, the base game justified its value on its own (even before PvP), anything new is just a great bonus

• Like 1

The permadeath thing is such a tease.

Imagine if it were as simple as they have stated so far - in the campaign, if you die, it is permanent - you have to start a new character, so - its a new campaign.

This would mean that to complete the campaign in this new mode - you would have to do it without dying once, not even a freak death like jay walking LOL.

Imagine the race to complete this feat....

7 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

bottom line, the base game justified its value on its own (even before PvP), anything new is just a great bonus

couldn't agree more. the base game itself is well worth the $60 price tag, the 2 expansions are well worth the $15 each. now year 2 with free updates?! this is incredible. yeah, this game has loads of optional microtransactions but the meat and potatoes of the game have never been apart of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Friendly fire with PERMA DEATH! Yep, you can end up shooting your AI teammates and if your character is shot and not revived, he dies and all progression is lost! Wait, we have to start the campiagn over if we die?!!! Do I love this or hate it?? I Don't know!

this doesn't really bother me, out of the 2 playthroughs ive done i really dont recall a time my teammates were unable to revive me. 

however with the new solo mode i wonder how this will work. 

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

That's if you were planning on playing with AI teammate! Imagine going solo....

both times were with AI teammates! 

i remember i got stuck on a rock once and i kept killing myself with grenades so i could respawn somewhere different. that was the only time I didnt wan't AI reviving me lol 

They should consider readjusting the enemy accuracy tbh. It's not a big deal in Regular but having firefights in Extreme difficulty is Extremely tedious. IIRC Far Cry adjusts the enemy accuracy dynamically based on how many are rendered on screen which sounds like an ideal solution.

Perhaps consider porting over the suppression mechanic from Ghost War over to PVE as well?