Narco Road Content and Release Date

Ubisoft have released full details of the Narco Road expansion for Wildlands today in their Blog.

The main headlines are :

• Three new gangs and bosses.
    • Kamikazes
    • Jinetes Locos
    • Death Riders
  • 15 new campaign missions (or more)
  • Four new types of side missions
  • New racing challenges
  • New vehicles
    • Muscle cars with nitro boosts,
    • planes built for acrobatic flight,
    • big chopper bikes,
    • hulking monster trucks 
  • four outfits
  • nine weapons

Narco Road will be available for season pass holders across all platforms on April 18

Standard and deluxe versions owners will be able to purchase for $14.99

New missions etc is all very good, but really..... not sure about this type of image being associated with a Ghost Recon title.

grw_dlc_narcoroad_c.jpg

I'll look forward to the new missions and am interested to see what the new side missions involve.

Just a month after release? Siege's first expansion didn't come out for two months.

As for Narco Road... uhm. Okay? The DLC's theme is oddly inconsistent with the tone that the main game itself establishes (gameplay silliness aside). Hell, it's inconsistent with the game's marketing. Note how serious the voiceovers are for some of the trailers. Narco Road doesn't exactly fit into that. For $15 I may as well just buy a ticket to watch the new Fast and Furious movie.

At least Fallen Ghosts actually looks like it belongs.

• Like 1

No one is making you or anyone else drive or use these vehicles. These will not make the experience less but will engage those of the younger crowd and keep them entertained. The greatest thing about this game over some of the others is the play it your way attitude Ubi has installed. I've been preaching for years for people to play their way, not someone else's. And with Wildlands we get to do exactly that.

There is other content that is more Ghost like, for us older folk.

And personally I don't want to miss any of the good stuff just because there's junk in there I don't care about. Need I say I'll be buying that, and supporting a game I've already come to love as much as the original.

Are the weapons customizable or unique? I'd like a greater variety of weapons to play with and customize, but then guns are my fetish, so 9 new, customizable weapons, plus the new enemies and missions would make it seem worth it.

Well, either way I bought the Gold Edition so I've got the season pass.

2 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

No one is making you or anyone else drive or use these vehicles. These will not make the experience less but will engage those of the younger crowd and keep them entertained. The greatest thing about this game over some of the others is the play it your way attitude Ubi has installed. I've been preaching for years for people to play their way, not someone else's. And with Wildlands we get to do exactly that.

There is other content that is more Ghost like, for us older folk.

And personally I don't want to miss any of the good stuff just because there's junk in there I don't care about. Need I say I'll be buying that, and supporting a game I've already come to love as much as the original.

True true, actually those extras could be quite cool to run around in from time to time.

You love this game as much as the original? Huge call there, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

• Like 1

Lighty I haven't even fired up any other games since this one was released. And I have some great games. I've canceled subs for ESO and given up my server for DayZ all because of none use.

So yeah it's a safe call for me to say after 201 hours of play not including the betas that I have a new favorite, not since the original have I killed a game like I have this one. Now will the replay value of this one last like the original...only time will tell.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

So yeah it's a safe call for me to say after 201 hours of play not including the betas that I have a new favorite, not since the original have I killed a game like I have this one. Now will the replay value of this one last like the original...only time will tell.

Same here, i have all achievements and upgrades.  Though replay is low... I suppose replaying the campaign and doing the engagements differently is replay as well..

id say its campaign/gameplay easily trumps GR2 through Graw2... and is better than GRFS (non-tech) by virtue of campaign content/length..

it cant top the original for me due to the lack of squad commands (too big of a missing piece from the toolbox).. perhaps good Dlc can do much to aid that by sheer amount of content..

having now moved on to playing Zelda and its many gameplay loops it makes ghost recon seem a little simpler in comparison...  .. hell even the map in zelda seems more "realistic" if you pay attention to terrain features and contour lines between the 2 games

tldr: love wildlands, truly close to being amongst my favorite games ever

Edited by 5timechamp
  • Like 2

Not g9nna let the vehicles kill it for me. I just want new enemies to merc. Gettin tired of hearing "La Santa. La Santa. La Saaaanta BLANCA!!!" But this is definitely one of my fave games ever. I'm growing out my stache. Right now my character has chevron, but once it gets to Fu Manchu length I'm switching to the trucker stache.

Im tired of "Eres un voludo, esa mujer te va a engañar.."

-ive just started shooting any rebels who start that crap

that and Nidias "be a cabrona" speech...

but yeah the game needs to do something to refresh/remix its enemies.... hive them smoke, have them supress or grenade en masse

• Like 1

On 12. 4. 2017 at 20:25, NightCrawler said:

will engage those of the younger crowd and keep them entertained.

This is not of those games I'd recommend to a kid. GTA V whatever, but Wildlands can often be pretty nasty.

As for repetetive quotes, I'm so done with medals having coca plants on them. It's not cool anymore.

• Like 1

its almost like nomad has short term memory loss.

wildlands does definitely have dark tones but approaches them more maturely than GTA, GTA always seems to put a satirical twist on their darker parts that softens the blow. but wildlands just goes full on in a lot of cases, only stopping short of showing us exactly what happens

Question. If you have the season pass, is it supposed to automatically download? And if so, what time is it being released? I saw something about a live stream, but wasnt sure if that's the release time or not. I ask cause I'm one of the people having issues with my season pass. It doesn't show up in my library/add ons for my PS4, but i know i have the unlimited xp booster.