need a Scottish Music/ Song for a Colin McRae tribute

Cpl Ledanek

I think there are Scottish Members here :whistle:

looking to make a Colin McRae tribute using DiRT2 & DiRT3 gameplay videos. I need something strong, heavy, something drivable song or music.

can you suggest a few, a YouTube link if you have any...so I can ...hmm... acquire :shifty: the mp3 from

for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE

Super Thanks!

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

strong, heavy, something drivable

BIG COUNTRY

My sentiments exactly. Specifically the song "In a Big Country".

Some of the guitar riffs are very bagpipe like. I'd never heard this effect before or since Big Country.

Lednak, I've been trying out the demo version of Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0.

A long time user of free programs like Windows Live Movie Maker and Virtual Dub.

Fairly impressed and really like the ease that one can sync the beat of the music to the video. Something I found difficult with Windows Live Movie Maker. The version I mentioned goes for about $40 dollars US.

Edited by wombat50

This?

strong, heavy, something drivable

BIG COUNTRY

My sentiments exactly. Specifically the song "In a Big Country".

Some of the guitar riffs are very bagpipe like. I'd never heard this effect before or since Big Country.

Lednak, I've been trying out the demo version of Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0.

A long time user of free programs like Windows Live Movie Maker and Virtual Dub.

Fairly impressed and really like the ease that one can sync the beat of the music to the video. Something I found difficult with Windows Live Movie Maker. The version I mentioned goes for about $40 dollars US.

Thanks will d/l a demo

My link I was thinking of this one

It has some desert and winter references along with the mountainside reference Rocky mentioned.

I think the Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0 trial lasts 30 days. I converted one project for upload to YouTube and it didn't embed any watermarks.

on using the marker tool which would aid in sync-ing any music or help organize a video project. Also, after importing a music track you can find the beat of the music by looking at its waveform on the timeline. There are allot of Sony Vegas tutorials on YouTube. IMHO Vegas has a much easier learning curve then similar Adobe products. Edited by wombat50

Sorry to hear about copyright issues.

Not sure about facebook or YouTube but you might try putting this in the description for any YouTube vids:

Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

To guard against putting allot of time into creating the project video you spoke of earlier, upload a test video to youtube that uses your music track and has a single photo image as a background just to see if YouTube disables the audio on copyright grounds. If YouTube cites copyright infringement at least you have not spent allot of time.

I found a work around for Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0 when using drop shadow on text it crashes the program.

My link

Good luck Ledanek

Edited by wombat50

Sorry to hear about copyright issues.

Not sure about facebook or YouTube but you might try putting this in the description for any YouTube vids:

Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

To guard against putting allot of time into creating the project video you spoke of earlier, upload a test video to youtube that uses your music track and has a single photo image as a background just to see if YouTube disables the audio on copyright grounds. If YouTube cites copyright infringement at least you have not spent allot of time.

I found a work around for Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0 when using drop shadow on text it crashes the program.

Good luck Ledanek

WOW! Good lawyering! will cut n paste that right now... will post as soon as its final