Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

One feature that should be appealing to you guys in TXM will be the use of more support. By that I mean, we aren't going to do this retarded 'We're the six man epic all-pro superman squad who get sent on missions to kill 300 Russians and 20 tanks all at once'. Your assignments will be smaller, and if they are tough, you'll get lots of non-controllable infantry, armor units, and helicopters devil.gif to help you out.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any requests for TXM quick missions? I plan to do somewhere from 16 to 32 bonus quick missions that have no attachment to the main storyline.

one from Spec ops i was finding difficult to script is one where you have about 14 surface to air launchers 6 random ones are fake, and the team has to identify and destroy the real ones so allied troops can get close air support. i replaced the mission with another instead. you might be able to do it though :thumbsup:

I couldn't think of a solution for a helicopter problem until just last night. I wanted to have heli support, but as you know helis don't work in MP. I thought, well I could just hide the helicopters in MP, but then you get the silhouette bug on MP dedi servers. So then I just thought, why not script the mission for SP, copy the .mis file, remove the anti-dedi content in the copied version, and make the SP version only available in SP and the MP version only available in MP?

By the way, nice new signature, Alex. huh.gif

Teaser showing vehicles in TXM coming up tonight.....clapping.gif

XD thanks, don't ask me why i chose lord voldemort, i hate harry potter XD just a bit o fun i suppose

and YIPPEE!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us all :thumbsup:

Edited by Zeealex

Is there an evil genius smiley here? devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifgun2.gifgun2.gifgun2.gif Got the Mi24 and the Cobra to shoot TOWs at infantry targets.....there will be no way to survive once it starts shooting at you. I put a squad of 12 Russians in the field and had a Cobra sic 'em.....I don't want to scare anyone so I'll stop here. help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

EMERGENCY BROADCAST VIA RADIO - ARIZONA, USA

LARGE GROUPS.....OSTILE MILITARY FORCES.....OTTED CROSSING.....SA-MEXICO BORDER FR.....E SOUTH ON THE MORNI..... JANUARY 1ST 2020.....ARMED FORCES.....STILL IN EURASIA FIGHTIN.....WWIII. FURTHER INFO.....ON AS .....TION DEVE..........

EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM VIA TELEVISION - TEXAS, USA

HIDALGO COUNTY RESIDENTS ARE TO IMMEDIATELY GO TO SHELTER AT S SHERY RD MCALLEN TX /// MILITARY FORCES WILL BE WAITING TO MEET YOU /// BRING PHOTO ID CARD /// NO MORE THAN ONE BAGGAGE ITEM PER INDIVIDUAL /// BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS ///

NEWS FLASH VIA TELEVISION - LOUISIANA, USA

Several groups of armed personnel have been spotted crossing the US - Mexico border from the south. They have engaged military forces and civilians and have taken several non-combatants hostage. The troop movements have been reported at Arizona, Texas, California, and rumors in Louisiana. Be cautious and keep aware. Stay tuned for more updates.

ohmy.gifSNEAK PEEK ohmy.gif

Confirmed Weapons:

M14 Designated Marksman Rifle (assault rifle/sniper rifle)

AK74M (assault rifle w/ ironsights)

M60 (light machine gun)

Colt Automatic Rifle (light machine gun)

MP5SD w/ Magnified Eotech (submachine gun)

P90SD w/ AGOG (submachine gun)

AW50 anti-material (sniper rifle)

Barrett XM109 (sniper rifle)

MK14EBR Sniper (sniper rifle)

CheyTac .408 Intervention (sniper rifle)

MK23 (handgun)

Desert Eagle (handgun)

Anti-armor IEDs (grenade)

M26i Impact (grenade)

Breaching Charge (item)

SMAW (rocket launcher)

Confirmed Vehicles:

AH-1 Cobra (helicopter)

CH-47 Chinook (helicopter)

AH-6 Littlebird (helicopter)

Westland Lynx (helicopter)

M1A2 Abrams (main battle tank)

M2A2 Bradley (armored fighting vehicle)

Confirmed Levels:

None

Confirmed Factions:

Texas Militia (friendly)

Heads up!

Texas Militia is planned to feature at least one quick mission for every Ghost Recon, Desert Siege, and Island Thunder map. This will mean nearly 50 new quick missions aside from the default campaign. Although Texas Militia does not require DS or IT to play, the quick missions that feature the Desert Siege and Island Thunder maps will not work without these titles activated.