Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible.

Mission 01 - 105 enemies, 4 tanks, 3 mounted MG/GLs.

It is fairly easy to run through if you are skilled.

Mission 05 - 66 enemies, 0 tanks, 1 mounted MG.

It is insanely tough and you will die if you try to leave your insertion zone too soon.

Goes to show that less enemies with more skill are much harder to beat.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

Hopefully will be getting some screenshots up here sometime. Missions 01-05 are done save for 04 which I am currently working on.

A question: do we like voiceovers, like, at the beginning having our guys say some hokey lines or during the mission talk some?

There will not be any mission fail conditions or pre-mission requirements -- you only lose when you are dead or when you run with your tail tucked to the extraction zone, and if you don't have the sense to bring a rocket into a tank-killing mission or a demo charge on a sabotage operation you probably won't be smart enough to beat the mission so you might as well not play.

Glad you're back.

Nope, there won't be any new maps, but all of the maps will have new textures and lighting.

Mission 01 is on the embassy map but it is rainy, cloudy, and dark.

Mission 02 is on the swamp but it has different foliage and it is morning.

Mission 04 is on the river map but it is nighttime.

Mission 05 is on the train depot but there is no fog.

And so on.

"We were just being briefed by Brady over the comms when all of a sudden a bullet smashed through our windshield and nailed the guy next to me. The last thing I saw before our truck got hit was one of the Texans jumping out of the truck behind us. I blacked out, and when I woke up again the same Texas militiaman was crouched next to me laying down cover with his M60 machine gun, giving me a chance to crawl behind one of the supply trucks until I could orientate myself again. When I was fully awake I was looking at a massacre. Our lead vehicle, the Abrams, was spewing sparks, embers, and flames everywhere and the entire turret had been blown to pieces and was crumpled across the side of the tank. My truck had smoke pouring out of the engine and I saw two of my friends lying face down in the blood stained dirt -- dead." - Infantry Journal, May 29 2020, Corporal Jonathan F. Turner, Arizona Militia.

The action written about by CPL Turner was the beginning of an operation late in the Western States campaign. Johnathan F. Turner was one of 4 survivors.

"We had just jumped out of our Bradley and started heading down the road. All of a sudden some sort of armored vehicle rolled out of the fog ahead. Our two tanks and two M2A2s split up and three of them left the main road, one tank stopping left of the road and one Bradley stayed on the road. The enemy BRDM2 swiveled its turret-mounted rocket launcher toward the M2 Bradley and let loose a TOW missile that shook the ground, leaving the Bradley in pieces and burning. The M1A2 tank turned and fired off a shell, blowing the BRDM back and knocking its turret off. Just then, a rocket tore across the sky and nailed our M1A2, leaving a huge hole in the side. I scanned the horizon, searching for the guy who'd fired the rocket. Then I saw it. Behind every rock, building, tree, they were coming. For us."

Sorry for being late, but I must tell you, you write really well :thumbsup:

One thing, though, I don't think soldiers would be so specific when talking about equipment. Probably. they refer to every M1s as Abrams, all M2 as Bradleys, all machineguns as machineguns, etc... More likely the first text, when he only specifies the machinegun model.

But really, this is minimal next to the overall quality, good job!

Thanks. I enjoy writing, even considered it for a career someday. I was working on a novel, but that was when I was, for a short time, inspired. smile.gif

EDIT

As a writer, people have taught me to show and not tell, so it's against my nature to be non-descriptive and detailed. smile.gif But yes, if I'm writing from the perspective of a hick with an itchy trigger finger, they probably wouldn't really care about details.

"They dropped us outta wunna those big metal thangs and we started shootin' an' they started a-shootin' back at'us. Then we shot at'em a bit more and they kep'on shootin' back, so din I says why doan't that big metal thang shoot at 'em and cap'tn said 'cause it's Ghost Recon an' tanks aren't s'posed to do anythin' but shoot at walls. So then we kept on shootin' and I was shootin' wunna those army guns, the im fourteen BMR, at 'em a couple times, so then they shot wunna those big things off their shod'ers and it blowed up off our big metal tank so's it blowed up."

-Lusiana Mulitia Membr, March 32nd, 2200 2020, on uh missin.

That's definitively more likely :lol:

-------

so din I says why doan't that big metal thang shoot at 'em and cap'tn said 'cause it's Ghost Recon an' tanks aren't s'posed to do anythin' but shoot at walls.

This is in the true veins of Ghost Recon!

Edited by Operative

Oh yeah, there'll be a tango prone right next to it and it somehow shoots just an inch to the left and tears up the sidewalk, leaving the enemy wriggling around on the ground. The best is when they shoot their cannons (my custom ones) and blow me up instead of the bad guys.