Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

Star, I live in Texas central time (USA, in case you don't know where Texas is, lol), and play mostly after 4:00pm. Since I am retired, I can play most anytime, Also, I play later around 9:00pm until around 1100pm.

I agree with your view, I play clan(ras) recal, they are the most popular and have noticed thay really try to keep cheaters out. All of the RAS players are good and sometimes I wonder if they aren't cheating. They have become to respect me and when I report a cheater, they usually caution them or kick them. I try not accuse anyone unless I actually see them cheat.

I realize that lag is sometimes erratic, where someone running will run in spurts and I may not see the stop and shoot. Also, I find the better players can suddenly appear and bamm, I'm dead and wonder if they are somehow able to know I am there, not necessarly their ability to anticipate, they also know when to throw a nade. I am getting better at not repeating my patterns, but even then, they seem to know I'm there.

I built my computer with top components and it works really well. I have an intel i7, ddr3 and 12gbs of ram, and a fast vidio card (looks scary). Like I said, I am using a large flat scree 32" Vizio, 1080, 120hz, and fast access time. It is not lacking in keeping up with the game.

Good hearing from you, seems a lot of folks from Sweden play these games.

Tom1935

Haha yes you could call Swedes real gamers. Most people here also have the money to buy expensive and fast gaming PC's and they play games such as BF3, and Call Of Duty. I am not a big fan of CoD but I think their games are ok. Ubisoft and DICE are better though, in my opinion. Anyways, I do know where Texas is since we have to learn a bunch of things about pretty much all countries in the world in school here. :)

I think RaS server is bad since I lag a lot in that server. It's also because I've got banned/kicked without warning for no reason. I am not banned at the moment but as I said it's lagy (I believe it's because the server is located far away from where I live).

Mostly I play over at PLG or BH. I like them both because they are located in Europe, near Sweden (BH is in The Netherlands and PLG in Poland I believe) so I don't lag there hehe. I'm also a BH member and an admin there.

I wish that other BH members realised that the reason the BH server is empty quite often is because no one is going there. What I mean is that on RaS their members go to their servers even if it's empty, then if they are 1-5 ppl as a start they get more and more. If BH members did that on our server it would be popular again as it used to be. When the server have been empty I've logged in to it anyways and waited for about 1-3 mins, then another player joins, and after that we get lots of people in it quickly.

I've been thinking of building my own computer so I can play BF3 and a few other games that requires a faster pc.

Playing on a laptop ain't that good either since it gets very hot. Once the graphic card burnt for example.

Since you live in Texas I'm around 6-8 hours ahead of the time for you :P

Hey all, I'm wondering how many of you use a small screen for playing. Last night, a great player was saying he got a new laptop with lots of ram and he was playing great. Is going small the thing to do?

Let me know, I may be using too large of a screen, 32" ... :whistle:

Thanks

Tom1935

Hey all, I'm wondering how many of you use a small screen for playing. Last night, a great player was saying he got a new laptop with lots of ram and he was playing great. Is going small the thing to do?

Let me know, I may be using too large of a screen, 32" ... :whistle:

Thanks

Tom1935

17" and loving it! smaller screens usually are better, you aren't having to move your eyes as much and the resolution is lower, meaning faster gameplay.

And here I spent all this time searching for a hi def large screen monitor, bummer...Zeealex...long time no see...are you on the Clan(RAS)recal under "alex"? If you are, it appears you are pretty good. I believe I reduced the resolution and think it is better.

So, Sidd, you use a 22 inch, and logitec mouse and play off you table? Again, I got a fancy gaming mouse with 16 buttons and has a neat spider web glow that comes and goes. I was also looking for a super slick mouse pad, they were out of stock, and I canceled. I guess you can't buy yourself into being a good player...again, a bummer :o=

Enjoy your inputs, anyone else have anything to say?

Tom1935

Edited by tom1935

With orig GR I have used:

9"@1024x600

14"@640x480to1024x768 and 1280x800

17"@1280x1024 or something

22"@1680x1050

and finally 27"@2560x1440

Guess what one I like the most. Heh. 27" 2560x1440 is totally awesome for Ghost Recon! :rocky:

But really, most games are sweet with such a beast. :)

Well, finally got someone who likes a bigger screen!!!! My thought on a larger screen along with a very high resoluiton, which I built for with a very good graphics card, you should be able to see the nostrilse of your enemy. Oelmuvun, I haven't tried tthe 2560x1440, but I will give it a try.

The thing I don't understand, does the game have any affect on how much resolution can be shown?

I see we have another Canadian here...welcome. The other is Cybersidd and is a very good player, I always want him on my side...althought I sometimes get lucky and get him, which is always fun... :pirate:

Thanks

Tom1936

No disrespect to the guys who prefer lower resolutions and smaller displays or those who cannot afford the big stuff but in the case of Ghost Recon the following seems to be the case both positive and negative:

You do not get more visible area by going with a larger res/screen.

If you use 16:9, 16:10, or any other non-4:3 ratio it trims the top and bottom.

All those extra pixels help to make what you do see high detail.

With the bigger size screen and higher res but the same contents it is easier to clearly make out distant objects, at least imo.

*Please note all images are jpeg 800KB-900KB each*

This is that I mean, here is a 2560x1440(16:9) screenshot with a 1024x768(4:3) pasted directly over top. I did not change the sizes.

366gmgyxl44w97nyltj9_thumb.jpg

Make sure you zoom in to view it at proper size and compare the fence by the house. Even if viewed on a screen with a small res you can pan around at 100% and see.

And I am sure you guys all have seen and done this before, but this is what happens when you apply 8x AA with nvidia inspector the same was as GRAW.

7nlbhovvysczxisl319_thumb.jpg 3jg04fk02wbgdj5ihw_thumb.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And WRT input lag, I have not seen anything noticeable with my dell ultrasharp U2711, nor my previous acer x223w.

Also, tom, if you have a 32" panel just run the native resolution and you should be ok. :) Unless the native res is 1920x1080, then you need a higher res display unless you are sitting really far back. :P

I've been experimenting with different resolutions and screen sizes but so far haven't played enough to determine anything. I do know that I can see a lot better with the highest resolution but have a hard time getting focused quickly on my enemy. If I have time, I can see very clearly. I was using the high stuff when I first started playing and using my new system but was advised to go to a lower resolution and at the time I thought it was better. Now, I don't know. Just need to do a lot of playing and pick the best setup. I have a problem quickly selecting my weapons with the smaller screen because you have to scroll to them and the game starts before I find the ones I want. Large screen lets me see all the weapons at once.

I'll keep you posted...

Tom1935

Tom,

I know that you have been advised to play on lower resolutions and it probably is sound advice, as it is widely accepted to help increase your frame rate and improve system performance. Oddly, I dont like lower resolutions, I tried them when I was still new and experimenting with the various settings, it didn't quite work out for me. I play at 1900X1080 on my 22" LG moniter now and would like to think that my performance could be called quite decent. You would be better of looking towards your own comfort, preference and ease of use!

:thumbsup:

Sid

Edited by cybersidd

Sidd, wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I am experimenting with things and so far haven't found the magic setup. I do favor a higher resolution, but dont know which yet. I can go pretty high. I am experimenting now with the mouse speed. It can be set up to 5000 which is not possible to use. I was as 1800 and am now down to 500. It is harder to get on target with a mouse that moves extremely fast so maybe a slower speed would allow the mouse pointer to be more steady , expecially when it does not move smoothly on the table. At higher speeds, the roughness of the mouse moving on the table is amplified and making it harder to get on target. Preliminary wise, 500 seems to be pretty good. I think either you or Rahn recommended 1500??

Questions for everyone about equipment being used to play this game:

1. What is the size of your monitor

2. Are you using a mouse in conjuction with a keyboard.

3. If you are not using a mouse/keyboard, what are you using, i.e., a joy stick or game controller?

4. Are there other equipment you are using not listed here?

Thanks for your information....

Tom1935

First off, if you are having tracking issues, mousepad! :D (but get a fabric&rubber one or a solid hard gaming one. Stay away from that plastic&foam crap!)

And to fill in your requested info(even though you already know most of it):

1. 27" Dell Ultrasharp U2711 @ 2560x1440

2. cheapo logitech generi-mouse + DasKeyboard Pro Model S

3. NA

4. TrackIR 5! Oh, GR does not support that. :(

5. idk what my mouse sensitivity/speed is

Edited by Oelmuvun

First off, if you are having tracking issues, mousepad! :D (but get a fabric&rubber one or a solid hard gaming one. Stay away from that plastic&foam crap!)

When I started playing here, I had ordered a special aluminum mouse pad that was slicker than ... My mouse is a laser and the table is finished to a very slick surface and there is hardly no roughness, except a the higher mouse speeds any hesitation is amplified. The pad I had ordered was so popular it was out of stock and I never got one. I believe the lower speed will work better. I believe your fellow Canadian, Sidd, stated he uses a logitec and table top. He is an excellent player...

And to fill in your requested info(even though you already know most of it):

1. 27" Dell Ultrasharp U2711 @ 2560x1440

2. cheapo logitech generi-mouse + DasKeyboard Pro Model S

3. NA

4. TrackIR 5! Oh, GR does not support that. :(

5. idk what my mouse sensitivity/speed is

I think that most regular mouse speeds are around 300???

Tom1935

Really, if you already have a good surface then a mousepad is not going to make you a better player. But it will reduce wear of the table/desk's finish and allow you to track properly on bad surfaces that are giving you trouble or are not nice and consistent.

Also, a fabric one reduces wear on the mouse's feets, and gives your a wrist a soft spot to sit preventing calluses from building up on your wrist.

On a side note, if you want to add something in the middle of quoted text you have to remember to terminate the top portion and then initiate the second portion of the quote. :P

[quote name=person

stuff person said

[/quote

I say this

[quote name=person

more stuff they said

[/quote

now I type something

Just copy and paste the quote tags around to where you need them. Also preview to make sure you did not misplace any. :)

Thanks, my first time trying to add comment within the post.

I think you may be missing the point I am trying to make. A mouse moving on any surface will have a sticking problem, some drastic and some very minor. I am talking about a minor sticking problem that is amplified by the mouse speed. You can improve your game if you can get on target faster without having to deal with the amplified jerkyness of the mouse because of the mouse high speed. I was running at 1800 and am gradually reducing it down to 500 to see if that is better, which I think will be better. My mouse is capable of running at 5000, don't know how anyone can run at that speed... :wall:

I haven't heard from anyone on what mouse speed they use, I just know that you and Sidd use a logitech... :rolleyes:

I am not saying you should use a super high speed but I do find that, as an example, the fabric surface on two of my pads is more consistent and does not wear and get sticky/jerky.

It sucks to say this but my supposedly good "gamer" quality mousepad is not as great as they say. It is this thing below, but branded with the name/logo of a forum I hang around.

http://www.func.net/products/1030/index.html

It has worn a bit in the centre and even with my low DPI mouse you can tell that it is slightly sticking and getting hung up in some spots. At this point it is just barely and not bad enough to cause any issues but it will become an issue in the future. At least it was obtained using the forum's points system and I did not actually fork over any cash. :P

HOWEVER!

I have two fabric&rubber pads from the mid-late 90s and both are still great to this day. No tracking issues/sticking at all. I do wash them occasionally and they seem to hold up pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Rahn, I played on the "TAW" server and find it to be good. Wish it was available all the time like "RAS", I am suspect they are using something special in order to be such good shots. I did find a gl user on "TAW", myself and someone else ask him to play fair... \\

Is this your server? What does it take to get it on all the time during high traffic.. :unsure:

Tom1935

Forgot something, I have settled on very high resolution on my monitor and set the mouse to 500. Seems to be a good balance for me. :whistle: :whistle:

Just got off TAW server and need to re-evaluate playing there. There were several gl users and reporting them accomplished nothing. If the admin was available, he just ignored them. Guess I will just stay with RAS, at least they try and stop gl users. Bummer, was hoping I could find another server... :wall:

Tom1935

What you describe sounds for the most part like cheating, but you have to be VERY careful with accusations. For example, I was accused of cheating only this week in a ingame-chat, but I've never cheated online once in my whole gaming career!

So it is best to concentrate on being the best you can, and ignore the cheaters, they just drag you down.

OMG the Great ROCKY cheating ?????

Blasthemy !!!!!

:rofl: