Los Mochis

Los Mochis v2 is ready for public release.

There's only a couple of changes from the last beta, at the extraction I have changed the code so you will need to kill 6 out of the 8 AI there before the pickup will move to the extraction point. There were some players that destroyed the pickup (rather than getting into it ), by doing this the game wouldn't end so the code has been changed to allow for this, if you destroy the vehicle or get into it then either way the game will still end as it should.

As this is the first adaptive map for GRAW2 it's not perfect, when making this mission I wasn't sure how it would work or even if it would work at all. I tried to get as many AI on this map as possible just to see how the different modes would play, doing this has had the effect of making some of the AI a bit sleepy so there are a few that just stand around and don't follow their patrol paths. When playing this mission try to keep together as a team and avoid going off in different directions activating multiple triggers as this will make the problem even worse.

Hopefully these are just teething problems which will be fixed over the next few missions, please bear with me while I get this new feature perfected.

Download Link, Screenshot is in the zip file:

Download.

Mission Author: JohnTC02

Map Author: JohnTC02

File Size: 5.1 Mb

Version: 2

Description:

Los Mochis

Intel suggest that there are Mexican rebels held up in a town called Los Mochis, the leader is called Miguel Morales and is believed to be developing a new type of air defence system named HUMRAAM this launcher provides high firepower, fire and forget capabilities which is controlled by computer, the rebels have been using this with great effect on our aircraft, these new weapons must be destroyed.

Up to now we believe that the rebels only have one of these systems in operation so it's down to you to go in and destroy it, there are more of these weapons being developed at this location so you must destroy these as well.

Before we can arrange your extraction you will need to disable the Intel Systems, these are being used to improve and develop the new weapon systems so this will also be to priority.

Good luck Ghost's

Your mission:

1. Destroy HUMRAAM Systems.

2. Destroy Anti-air Depot.

3. Disable Intel Systems.

4. Destroy Adat A.

5. Destroy Chemical Stores.

6. Destroy Fuel Supplies.

Map list for Dedicated Servers:

coop_tc02_los_mochis_day_v2

coop_tc02_los_mochis_night_v2

I would like to thank the TAW clan, =WBG=Ron and his World Brotherhood of Gamers, ebk52 and his team for all their help testing the alpha versions.

I have come up with what I think is a solution to having to include a lone wolf version for all my missions.

This will be the first "adaptive" map for GRAW2, when there is one player on the map then the mission will be in lone wolf mode, in this mode there are a total of 180 AI but if more players join after the mission starts (this will work at any point in the map) then the mission will update itself at the next trigger and change to the multiplayer version which has 350 AI.

The same thing will happen if you start the mission with more than one player which gives you the multiplayer version from the start, if some of the players were to leave the mission after it starts and you end up with just one player on the map then it will revert to lone wolf mode when you activate the next trigger.

When the mission first starts you will see a switch on the wall, this will allow you to activate the multiplayer version (when the light is on) if you are playing alone giving you all the AI that's in the multiplayer version.

What you can do here is, if you find the mission to hard you can go back to the switch and turn it off so when you activate the next trigger it will be back into lone wolf mode.

Likewise if you start in lone wolf mode and find it to easy just go back to the switch and turn it on and when you activate the next trigger it will then be in multiplayer mode.

Please note:

The switch will only work if you are playing the mission alone, if there is more than one player then the mission will be set to multiplayer mode automatically.

Thanks to the Beta Testers:

Rocky @Ghost Recon.net, sdavidson34, daro48, triplex, Rahnman Zero Goose JayBOT mexicobob & the rest of the team @ TAW.net (The Art of Warfare), Bogie Viper Anthony and their team @ AGB (agbgaming.com), kaapo, porterslug, JustFineKill, =WBG=Ron and his team @World Brotherhood of Gamers (world-gamers.co.uk) and Clyde67.

DOWNLOAD ENTRY ADDED

Hi daro,

I had no problems here, you need to make sure that all players are in the extraction point so they are all near to the waypoint marker or the game won't end, this is the norm for almost all GRAW2 co-op missions.

I'll take a look at the code to see if anything is wrong, if you get a chance to play again try what I suggested and let me know how you get on.

Thanks for letting me know,

John

Just had a look at the map and checked the mission script.

To start the pickup moving (End the mission) you need to kill 6 of the 8 AI in that area plus all players needs to be within the extraction trigger (yellow circle) in the screenshot below.

Nearly all co-op mission end this way, requiring all players to be in the extraction point, the only difference here is that at least one player needs to enter the pickup to end the game.

If you are still having problems then I can change it if you wish.

mochis_end.jpg

I think there's always going to be a problem if there are 4+ players on the server. They will try to hug around the objective and at least one of them will be outside the extraction location. I'll let others speak for themselves now :shuriken:

some died and we had to wait at extraction for them b4 truck came a few times and only one has to get on the truck to end it

we've played it 6 or 7 times with diff amounts of ppl with no hang ups other than having to wait on the ones that die at the end

some died and we had to wait at extraction for them b4 truck came a few times and only one has to get on the truck to end it

we've played it 6 or 7 times with diff amounts of ppl with no hang ups other than having to wait on the ones that die at the end

Hi,

I havn't time to play today, so I can't tell you if this was only one incident and why this is happened. All what triplex and I want to say is that we killed all soldiers in extraction point and truck didn't came- that's all.

Like John said we have to play one more time to say more. May be one of us was standing too far? May be Windows did something silly or we had connections problem? I don't know :(

After few secodns we decide to play in "search and destroy"- we thought it will help, all for nothing and we changed map manually.

I think I didn't offend anyone this time?

Hi daro,

Please let me know how you get on when you play the mission again, I want to get this working as it should as it's hard to fix a fault you can't replicate yourself.

I think I didn't offend anyone this time?

hmm, I didn't know you did!

John

Ok, thanks triplex.

I will take a look at this tomorrow and see what the problem is, the best thing I can do is send you a revised ending for the mission by PM, you can then test it again and if it all works as it should I will release it as an updated version.

John

Considering the fact that GRAW2 MP server will automatically start the next mission (instead of waiting for input, if desired, as in GR) I rather prefer NOT for the mission to end and just abort it myself. That way I don't have to wait for the either the same or next mission to load in case I wish to exit or pick a different mission.

Of course that might not work for those playing "real" multiplayer with other players.

This is an outstanding mission and was very well done. The abundance of snipers (some hidden VERY well) make it very challenging.

Bravo Zulu!

I played the mission again with another 6-7 players, but we still couldn't extract.

I played today with 5 players and everything was ok.

I have no idea why this is happening.

This time none AI get out from fences all died in spown point and truck arrived.........

Thanks for the heads up daro.

I have sent you and triplex a PM with a test version you can try that has a larger location trigger at the extraction point.

I didn't notice your post until after I sent the PM, it would be good if some of your team could give it a quick test to see if it's working better.

I have changed the mission so you don't need to play the entire mission to start the extraction (full details are in the PM), I thought it would be a bit easier for you.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

What an excellent piece of work sir. Had a few crashes initially, but been fine ever since. Only gripe is running the marathon from spawn, but I really love this map otherwise.

Hello John,

The AGB played v2 Saturday night and we had the same issue where all AI were dead, we all huddled around the extraction and no vehicle came. Viper had to admin change the map in order for us to end. I believe there were around 7 or 8 of us playing.

Thanks,

Bogie

Thanks for the reply Bogie.

For those of you that have my password there is a link below for a revised version v2_1.

I have changed the size of the location trigger at the extraction point and the script has also been changed, now to start the pickup you still need to kill 6 of the 8 AI there but only one player or more needs to be in that location.

The only downfall with doing it this way is that not all players need to be at the extraction point for the game to end but I don't really see this being a problem.

I would be very grateful if some of the beta testers that are having problems here could test the mission again.

If this version works ok I will release this to the public as v3.

Many thanks,

John

Download:

Los Mochis v2.1.

Thanks for the reply triplex.

Version 3 has been released and added to the download entry.

Thanks to all that helped to fix this problem.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

John,

Good job with this map. I've been playing it with other ghosts, and I really like it. For some reasons, the entry point is so hard to get by. I eventually kill all the tangos, but it's hard. I've seen other players get killed here as well. Anyway, it's sweet.

Modders and John, if you guys have got the time, please keep the maps coming. I'll keep playing. Thanks.

Hi toaster,

Pleased you liked the mission.

I'm still making missions although they do take considerably longer to complete now that I make a new map for each one so lets hope you all think they are worth waiting for.

John