Gunrunner

Gunrunner v1 is now ready for testing.

The TAW clan were kind enough to test the first alpha without any vehicles but this version has only been tested by myself.

The mission is scripted on my usual modified version of The Snipers City by SG.NLY Papo so thanks goes to him for the use of his map as a good base to start from.

Again this map is quite large but I didn't have the usual lightmap problems on this one due to a PC upgrade and changing the way I render them.

Ok, respawn points are as follows:

There are two on the insertion road, first is at trigger 04 second is at trigger 07.

When you complete the Armoury objective

When you complete the Camp Leader objective (Must find a name for this chap).

When you complete the Transmitter objective.

When you complete the Adat A objective.

After that there is one when you destroy the Road Block and one when you activate trigger 22.

There are 2 tanks 5 panhards and a few havoc's, as yet I don't have a full AI count.

There is a small change to the Havoc's in this mission, by request, namely from Viper there will be one random Havoc that dose not fly of after a set amount of time so if it hangs around you will need to destroy it, as this heli is randomly spawned you won't know which one it will be, well you won't when the onscreen messages are removed for the release version.

I hope you like the mission and thanks for testing.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Gunrunner v1.

Hey John,

AGB tested this evening with 5 players using the vanilla weapon set. Quite frankly, this map played perfectly with no issues except for the bright purplish/pink brick walls surrounding the encampment. My FPS was pretty much pegged between 70-90 with only a few dips during the triggers to around 40 fps. The only major lag we saw was the blowing up of the sandbag barricade where there were a lot of of individual PhysX sandbags and barrels. But even then, I just dipped to the mid 20s for a few seconds.

Very tactical and not overwhelming, it was a real joy to play. I think that Viper is going to add some comments as well.

Thanks,

Bogie

Hi Bogie,

Thanks for testing the mission, much appreciated.

When testing I never noticed the issue with the brick walls, they all looked ok to me, if it helps I can change them all to shanty fencing as I did around the rest of the map.

It's interesting that you had no lag, I was concerned that this might be a laggy map as there are two texture types here, city and industrial this was by design to get the buildings I needed.

Where I did have lag was in the bunker, my fps would drop very quickly when I entered the bunker hovering at around 18fps, I think this may be due to the amount of lighting I used there as some testers commented on how dark it was in the buildings on my last map.

So here I have used more lighting in an attempt to help those poor old folk that can't see so good (I include myself in this). :lol:;)

The dynamic sandbags will always be a frame rate killer as you know but I don't think the lag hangs around to long after you destroy the roadblock, plus it looks quite cool as well. :)

I look forward to Vipers findings.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

Bogie's purple walls were to hit of the evening...

As Bogie mentioned this map is great and ready for release from what we saw. The sand bags did indeed task the physics but it was for a shot period only. I am sure that people with Nvidia Cards and Physics turned off they won't notice it. I would leave it as is...

Awesome job John!! Very challenging even after playing BFBC2 at a fast pace going back to GRAW was a nice change. Hard to believe that with a slower pace, we were still getting killed!!!

Definitely shows that your AI placement is excellent.

Hey John the TAW clan played it last night with good results. One or two crashes that Zero will tell you about. But in all we like it, I like it a lot. :thumbsup: Funny thing, at the end where you blow the gate, we all set the c4 charge on it and blew it at the same time. Quite a show. Anyway good to go as far as I see. Great map.

TAW Goose

Thanks for the feedback.

Zero did mention last night that he had a few crashes at triggers 21 or 22, has anyone else had this problem here.

I had a look at the code but didn't see anything obvious that could cause this apart form a narcom that plays 1 second after you hit trigger 21, if there's some lag when this happens maybe this might cause the crash.

The only other thing at trigger 21 is the panhard is also spawned here but these have never given any issues before.

My next mission is underway but it will be a while before it's ready as this will almost be a new map, 70% of the original has been removed so I am now in the process of rebuilding it, I'm still learning this map making lark but I want to try and give you all something new each time to make the missions a bit different, who knows maybe one day I will be making a new map for every mission.

Thanks all,

John

Looks like this might be happening sooner that I thought, my next mission started of as a revamp of the "Junk Yard" map but it has now progressed into a completely new scratch built one.

There us a downside to this though, you will have to wait longer for my missions as making maps takes a fair amount of time. :P

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like this might be happening sooner that I thought, my next mission started of as a revamp of the "Junk Yard" map but it has now progressed into a completely new scratch built one.

There us a downside to this though, you will have to wait longer for my missions as making maps takes a fair amount of time. :P

:) Thats one of the best you have make john me and to of my friends play it whitout problems my fps wars god from the beginding to the end, and the map have all from snipere to on the ground it wars a great map i will be happi to get it on my serv when it is finish keep doing the god work you have don many greats maps to graw2 i hope graw2 never will lose a guy there suppot it whit maps like you do . =[GE]=ebk52 GhostSoldiers =Elite= :zorro:

Thanks for the complements ebk52, it's always nice when you guys appreciate what I try and do with my missions. :)

I think this one is about done so I hope to get it released soon, at the moment I'm a bit bogged down making a completely new map for my next mission, it's surprising how long it takes to make these maps from scratch, saying that the map is just about finished and I'm now in the process of putting a mission on it.

Cheers,

John

Hey John,

We played last night w/o a hitch. I think you may want to rename the underground objective or make it more clear. I planted the c4 and blew the charges but the marker didn't disappear. Only later did I realize that I needed to clear the entire bunker.

Great mission. Even with 5 of us last night it still took almost an hour to complete ..... great fun. The buildings at extraction were tight enough to use a shotgun for some CQB ....... OH YEAH! Thanks for showing me the "floor plan" for your next mission, the map is AWESOME and the buildings and props are very "crisp". The environment looks great ...... can't wait for the first test run! This is going to be the first release of your new "platinum" series of missions. :P

Cheers,

Rahn

Hey John,

We played it again Monday night and did find a trouble spot. It was on the way to the objective in the tower (you'd think after all this time I would remember what they were called :rolleyes: ). There is a ramp that takes you on top of a building and then another ramp that takes you to the tower. On that level (b4 you head up farther) there are a few AI in a cubby to the right. A couple of us went into that cubby and got stuck. It seems the floor in that area is depressed and once we get down into it we cant get back up (the step up looks no bigger than a regular stair step ...... rediculous).

Just waiting for the AI to be placed in the new mission :whistle: .

Rahn

Thanks for testing folks,

I think you may want to rename the underground objective or make it more clear. I planted the c4 and blew the charges but the marker didn't disappear. Only later did I realize that I needed to clear the entire bunker.

It maybe best then if was to rename the waypoint to "Clear The Bunker", that should fix it.

OH YEAH! Thanks for showing me the "floor plan" for your next mission, the map is AWESOME and the buildings and props are very "crisp". This is going to be the first release of your new "platinum" series of missions.

Is this chap talking about me, he must be new here if he thinks my maps are going "platinum", I haven't even got my bronze yet. :P

There is a ramp that takes you on top of a building and then another ramp that takes you to the tower. On that level (b4 you head up farther) there are a few AI in a cubby to the right. A couple of us went into that cubby and got stuck. It seems the floor in that area is depressed and once we get down into it we cant get back up (the step up looks no bigger than a regular stair step ...... rediculous).

Thanks for spotting that Rahn, I will fix it before the mission is released.

Just waiting for the AI to be placed in the new mission. :whistle:

Patience "dear" :flowers: , all the location triggers are in and I'm now writing the code for about 30 triggers, next step is placing the AI, hope to have the mission for you in about 6 months. :harhar:

Have a nice day,

John

that cubby hole is on the transmitter level b4 the door and it has sandbags in there actin like steps but if a nade or gl blows them u will be stuck that was a problem left over from the orignal map