"Ghost Rogue Assault Warfare"

Hello Cant_id_you,

Your posts are getting a little confusing. You have 4 threads for the same beta? You released your version 1.4 to the public and now beta 2.0 today? :wacko:

Perhaps keeping your mission to one thread and having a closed beta for this one mission prior to having it released to the public. Just a suggestion as you will probably get better results from the GRAW2 community.

I don't understand what you are trying to do here. :hmm:

You say it's v2.0 but your post is just a link to v1.4.

As Bogie suggests keep all your betas on the same thread, plus let the testers here try the current version and report back there findings before releasing your next beta, just a suggestion to stop any confusion.

John

Edited by JohnTC02

Did You Install the 2.0 Bundle or 1.4. What OS are you running. Can You unbundle and try in your

c:/programs/ubisoft/graw2/custom_levels folder

What specs are you running?

Version 2.0 in scripting not in version of the game.......

I removed hundreds of units and objetcs that were not visable to the 1st person cam to improve overall gameplay. 1.4 required multicore processor and tons of ram. In 2.0 version I also removed all ageia physics models.

Let me know and we''ll get it to work. I tried on multiple computers so It should work. Can't..ID

I don't understand what you are trying to do here. :hmm:

You say it's v2.0 but your post is just a link to v1.4.

As Bogie suggests keep all your betas on the same thread, plus let the testers here try the current version and report back there findings before releasing your next beta, just a suggestion to stop any confusion.

John

Yeah it's actually the scripting version number and not the version of the game ( part 2 or anything) Thanks for the advice I 'll clear things up thanks.... Also I put a new 2.0 link up and it should work. Much bettter than 1.4 scripting version..... Made ai teams smaller and also have ai friendly scripted ai assistance.

Can't .....

I tried your version 2.0 and couldn't start the mission. I had the same error as Goose had. I would click "start mission" and nothing would happen. I was using the brettzies mod. Can't imagine it being on my end, I was able to load your mission in the past and have never had this problem with any of the other missions. I have a dual core 2 gig with XP.

Rahn

Did you wait a little bit or did you force quit it.

You might have to wait a little bit. even if it says not responding.....

Hey Rahn Here are some things you can try.

Personally have not tried it with Bret's mod

1) try unbundling it and place the assault_warfare folder in the

c:/programs/Ubi/Graw2/data/levels/custom_levels folder " assault_warfare folder goes in here"

2)try making a folder inside mods and also custom levels. drag your other mods and bundles into this temp folder and try assault warfare. if still not working you may have to reinstall Graw 2. I just did last week because my narcom videos stopped playing.

3)if you installed a previous version bundle .did you throw away the older bundle before installing the new one?

4) try the new 2.0 beta you might have gotten the older version of 2.0

Let me know what happens.

How much Ram do you have?

you might wanna wait for my new version . New layout. added new buildings. Rescripted all the ai enemy and their ai points and cover points. Removed even more models/units that were in the map that were not being seen by the player.

Hey Rahn I justed tested it on my xp system and vista and it's working fine....

Try download again because I swapped the bundle for another one yesterday and you might have gotten the 1st 2.0 I'm running the second version that is up on my file share now

I have a strong duel core system(2 gig fast ram). Your first version out worked fine but the 1.4 &V2 just won't launch.I waited several minutes too. I don't know about bundles so I'll probably wait unyil you send finial unless you have idea.

Maby you could send it to my email direct sheekd@bellsouth.net

Thanks for any help.

Goose

Ok, just had a play on your mission v2,

I got about 10mins into the mission and the game crashed. :blink:

I think it's been said here before that there is no clear mission, for me there needs to be some objectives to complete, I didn't see any up until it crashed so I'm not sure if there are any later on.

I was behind a wall near the spawn point and three AI appeared right in front of me. I did notice that some of the AI were facing the wrong way in the corners of some of the buildings and seem unresponsive I could stand in front of them and they did not move.

Apart from that it seems ok, I had no lag and all friendly AI followed my orders.

That's all I can say so far due to the game crashing.

John

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: vehicle_ai_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\worldmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Edited by JohnTC02

I just installed your V2.1 and it still will not launch mission. Rhanman has the same problem at lease with the V2.

I tried it with and without the weapons mod 2.05, no go. Whatever your first version was we played that just fine.

My gaming PC is a very good one, duel core, duel video cards lots of ram. Windows XP, all the latest uodates. I just don't know what else to do. I liked what I saw in your first version.

Goose

It might be a ram issue. or GPU issue . It runs very smooth on my system

2.4Phenom x4 (64bit) Vista.8gb ram, 1gb nvidia 9800 GTX OC from the maker. It Also runs on my P4 3.2 with a ATI 4650 1gb , 2gb ram running XP media center edition......

I installed some of those mods once and it overwrote files in the graw folder ,causing issues and then I had to re-install Graw 2....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cant,

Just gave your new campaign a quick test.

Loved the load screen, however I couldn't get very far into the mission as the AI are practically immortal :blink: , I put 25 rounds into one AI and still could not kill him, the problem here is that he could still kill me with one shot. I assume this is intentional as they are Cyborg's but I think players are going to get frustrated with this. Maybe giving more health to the Ghost's will help.

One thing that dose concern me is the use of foul language in the onscreen messages. I'm probably wrong but I don't think the Ghost Recon.net community will be very happy with the idea.

Had a look at the mission.xml there is an error in there somewhere as the XML Marker software I use flagged it up with a onscreen error message. There still is no spawn location set for online play, so for people that want to use online campaign mission it will not work.

Apart from that it seems quite good, I had no lag and I like the fact that you are now using objective markers. :thumbsup:

Thanks

John

Thanks J, I need to make a video on how to kill the Cyborgs. You can definetly kill them. The normal GRAW stratedgy wont cut it here. You gotta shoot and move like NAZI ZOMBIES.You have to have your teammates help and all concentrate fire on them. Or use the Barrett. You have to shoot and move to cover. I was able to almost finish it. But there is a big surprise at the end. This is tactical survival OGR_ MOD. I could have sworn I made a coop set to true. No prob. i'll just release it in the 2.3 version. Because with coop it would be easier.

Thanks J, I need to make a video on how to kill the Cyborgs. You can definetly kill them. The normal GRAW stratedgy wont cut it here. You gotta shoot and move like NAZI ZOMBIES.You have to have your teammates help and all concentrate fire on them. Or use the Barrett. You have to shoot and move to cover. I was able to almost finish it. But there is a big surprise at the end. This is tactical survival OGR_ MOD. I could have sworn I made a coop set to true. No prob. i'll just release it in the 2.3 version. Because with coop it would be easier.

Thanks again John. I added the option for server Campaign Play. So team up with some buddies and concentrate that fire on those CYBORGS. Seems like it plays smoother on the server campaign and the Captain can control my Rogue UNIT Ai teams on the server. I also put together a video that shows some of the tactics and ways to kill the cyborgs with the AI team members.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BETA 2.2 with COOP CAMPAIGN ENABLED:

http://www.4shared.com/file/113600302/4cd9...A_2_2_Coop.html

ROGUE CYBORG TACTICS:

Video to show cyborg killing tactics........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSAbeYKrEU

I could have sworn I made a coop set to true. No prob. i'll just release it in the 2.3 version. Because with coop it would be easier.

Sorry Cant,

I just checked your code again (v2.2) and you did set the coop to true, I didn't see the third "AddInsertion" line my mistake :blush:

John

Insane video LOL.

I need to give this a shot...

thx Roc, It get way more insaner too... watch out for the level CRZY(8) Cyborgs

I could have sworn I made a coop set to true. No prob. i'll just release it in the 2.3 version. Because with coop it would be easier.

Sorry Cant,

I just checked your code again (v2.2) and you did set the coop to true, I didn't see the third "AddInsertion" line my mistake :blush:

John

Ok I thought I did'nt and made a new version.... I could only get it to show in the campaign server mode. Icould not see it in the normal coop server mode. I tried playing my new version today and could not join the single play campaign. checked code and found that all were set to true(spawns that is) so I have a new 2.3 that includes fixes this so that Single and coop can play now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/113706618/15ff...TCD_BETA_2.html

Was thinking bout adding in some a friendly sniper ai support team with a Sniper & Spotter and Recon/Assault CQB Flank unit to cover the sniper teams flank and CQB area. They would be the 4 loyalist group with a different look.