WhiteKnight77's new Pc

Congrats on the new rig WK! What are you playing on it so far?

Also do you have plans to upgrade your monitor? I have a friend who has a computer store and still have some gamers coming in looking for old CRTs because of the better refresh rates

I know I recommended getting a 24" LCD, but I found with some newer games running them at native 1920x1200 res with 4x+ AA and AF turned on slow down the framerates, so perhaps a 20-22" with 1680x1050 res is the best compromise ...

Yeah, I am am sure I am gonna go with a 20-22" LCD.

I have tried GR (everything on high) and it appears locked at 60 which the monitor was set at and I have upped it to 85 at 1280x1024 for my normal viewing. I can't remember what GR is set at, somewhere around the same though. I have some FSX (everything on high) time and some SC time and some Falcon 4.0. Homeworld2 runs a bit slow for some odd reason, maybe a hardware issue as I got a warning about it. :( I will have some tweaking to get

What really bites is I got the PC on a Wednesday and Saturday morning I was on the way to a job that I turned 87 hours on. Still, once I do get some regular time, I can't wait to play some of my games and maybe OC this thing (FN will help and keep everything in warranty).

• 2 weeks later...

So far I like it. I flew a short hop (2 hours) in FS9 with everything pretty much maxed out and had no eye strain or anything like that, even the colors looked pretty good on the standard setting or without tweaking.

The colors even look better compared to my ViewSonic CRT. The reviews from BB customers all were pretty good on this model and of course, I have had ASUS products before and have been satisfied with the quality of the part. This monitor has 3 different connectors for video (including HDMI) so one does not want for video options.

GR even looks great on this maxed out at it's native resolution of 1680x1050. Now to try some other games. :drool:

So I solved my situation about accessing the hard drives from my old PC. I bought 2 of these from Newegg. I ordered them Tuesday night when I got home and they came today. wooooooooohoooooooooo.

nexstar3.jpg

As I type this, I am in the process of moving 13GB worth of files from my old FS9 aircraft folder to the new one.

I used eSATA for mine...supposed to be faster...that's where my new 1TB Seagate resides...in the slow process of moving all my Air Supply songs in there....."..here I am, the one that you loved"...don't get me started with the cheezy songs...and some of my movies in m4v and mp4s...still has no clue on the difference...

if you find yourself getting tired of replacing HDs, try these NexStar Hard Drive Dock 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0/eSATA/1394a Hard Drive Dock...it's like 8-tracks all over again :lol:

The problem is, there is no eSATA connection for IDE drives like I have. The only problem I see is that you cannot safely eject the drives as it appears that something is accessing them, even with all windows closed. The only way to turn them off is shut down the PC, then turn them off.

• 1 month later...

So with all my MSFS add-ons and such for both FS 2004 and FSX growing at a tremendous rate, I figured it was time to get another HD so on Friday I ordered a new WD 300GB VelociRaptor. Today I got the tracking number and again, Newegg shows why I love shopping with them. The new HD will be here on Wednesday.