Jury Duty

ZJJ

I've been around many years, but tomorrow will be the first time I've ever been summoned for jury duty. I'm not sure if I want to get dismissed from any case or sit through as a juror for the experience.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what recent arrests have made the news that could possibly warrant a jury trial. The only one I could think of was in a neighboring county and they did jury selection last week.

I'll let you all know what happens. If you don't care, don't read. :D

Its good to serve on a jury. You get a real upclose look at our judicial system. Nothing like TV at all.

Besides, you begin to appreciate the work of the people who uphold the law. Its not always perfect, but it better than the alternative.

Enjoy the time away from regular work for a while. Take a good book to read....... :thumbsup:

Take a good book to read....... :thumbsup:

I keep telling myself that so I don't forget. I fear I'm still going to forget. :(

...don't bother with watches...it makes it all too painful when you see the time....+1 on a good book or a travel magazine to "remove" you from the 4-walls.

...watch out for that one creepy guy who wants to talk to everyone...there's always that one

hmmm, over here, we have both jury duty, and for some, even judge (spell check ?) duty. You get selected for judge duty for 2 years at the time ( if i'm not terribly misstaken, can be yearly, or every 4th year..), though, it's not that ofthen you have to spend your time i court... ( i know, my dad has been selected for it several times ).

How the jury selection works, i honestly have to say, i realy doen't know... jury trial in norway is rather rare, usualy just in crime cases were you might get life, or institutional detention for several years ( though, somehow, when it comes to crime, life = 21 year, but when it coes to working up your pention, =40 years?? , but thats a completely different story.)

Ohh, well, anyway, Zjj, good luck, and be glad it's on that side of the court you're in :P ... and, don't get cought reading during the trial....

Day one of a 5 day commitment. I reported as ordered and listened to all the requirements and even watched a video. Then they selected 25 people to go to the court room to begin jury selection. I was not one of the 25 so I sat and read a book while also listening to Hidalgo. Two hours later I was released for the day but told to call back on Tuesday for the next possible jury selection.

Stay tuned.

Oh, the book is pretty good. A mystery/intrigue type of book.

Most people here seem to only enjoy military type books so I didn't think there was any interest.

This book is called "Dark Horse" by Tami Hoag. I've read a lot of her books as she seems to be one of the few writers that can get a hold my interest from the very first few pages! Not long ago I read "The Alibi Man" which kept referring to the plot in this book. That's what I get for reading them out of order. :wall:

In The Alibi Man, I pegged the murderer from the start. I'm halfway through this book and can't even garner a guess except for those that the author wants you to think it is.

I've never been called but know several people who have.

It's been a bad weekend end here for drama, looks like some people could be in for some unsettling jury service. Two fathers killed (allegedly, details are still unknown) their children in seperate bloody incidents over the weekend. :unsure:

You never know what you're going to get at Jury service, theft or horror like that. It always involves a lot of waiting around though, enjoy your books :)

Hmm, I know I already struck out in the "other thread", but maybe I can collect something from this one.

Hey ZJJ, I have some nice beachfront property in Kansas to sell you. :shifty:

Strike number 2. Now if it was in Arizona, I would consider it. :rocky:

:rofl:

Hmm, I know I already struck out in the "other thread", but maybe I can collect something from this one.

Hey ZJJ, I have some nice beachfront property in Kansas to sell you. :shifty:

Strike number 2. Now if it was in Arizona, I would consider it. :rocky:

:rofl:

You're keeping count of the strikes? Hmmm, that means I have to make this last one count. I'll be lurking about. :shifty: