PS3 outsells the Xbox 360 in January

Hatchetforce

@Hatchet

I did not quite catch the whole of what you meant about the Wii. I guess that part kind of went right past me. I understand what you meant now. :thumbsup:

@Rocky

That really does sound like fun, but I have just not been able to "get into" the sports genre. Maybe it is because I still play competitive sports on leagues, but time and time again, when I buy a sports title, I just cannot seem to take to it. I just like the shooters and strategy games, and I also do not game much, so what little time I invest into it does not allow me to simply try everything on the market. I am not really much of a gamer, it is just something I do on rainy days. However, I certianly will keep in mind what you have posted. Perhaps someday my taste in games will change. :thumbsup:

@Hatchet

I did not quite catch the whole of what you meant about the Wii. I guess that part kind of went right past me. I understand what you meant now. :thumbsup:

@Rocky

That really does sound like fun, but I have just not been able to "get into" the sports genre. Maybe it is because I still play competitive sports on leagues, but time and time again, when I buy a sports title, I just cannot seem to take to it. I just like the shooters and strategy games, and I also do not game much, so what little time I invest into it does not allow me to simply try everything on the market. I am not really much of a gamer, it is just something I do on rainy days. However, I certianly will keep in mind what you have posted. Perhaps someday my taste in games will change. :thumbsup:

The controler has it's place but they need to be careful about it. Running Metroid 3 is more aggravation than anything due to the lack of precision with the aim. I was contemplating getting Red Steel but I wonder if it is compounded with the same issues?

The controler has it's place but they need to be careful about it. Running Metroid 3 is more aggravation than anything due to the lack of precision with the aim. I was contemplating getting Red Steel but I wonder if it is compounded with the same issues?

Haven't tried it (or the Wii at all for that matter), but everyhing I've heard about Red Steel was that it was a big fat dissapointment (though it did sell very well). The Star Wars game with light sabre fighting is prolly the one worth waiting for, Wii-wise.

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: It's interesting how both Sony and MS seemed to have shot themselves in the foot in their hurry to launch their "next-gen" consoles.

I wont quote and respond to all comments because there are too many good points and i'm too busy/ cant be bothered (take your pick lol)

But in general response as said before I think the figures are interesting and show a great deal more than appears on first glace. I wont try to defend anyone platform because again as I have said many times certainly this gen its too close to call. Last gen i would stand by Xbox over and again, it was the better system but this gen its a much closer race and ultimately what decides which you buy is down to personal choice because there isnt a clear cut winner (even with the extensive problems MS have had)

Its all good for us, and thats what matters

Oh and Hatchet, we play a lot of games in this house which means multiple consoles, you might not think theres much difference between PS3 & Xbox in cost terms but start to multiply that difference and it rapidly adds up ;)

Edited by kleaneasy

I wont quote and respond to all comments because there are too many good points and i'm too busy/ cant be bothered (take your pick lol)

But in general response as said before I think the figures are interesting and show a great deal more than appears on first glace. I wont try to defend anyone platform because again as I have said many times certainly this gen its too close to call. Last gen i would stand by Xbox over and again, it was the better system but this gen its a much closer race and ultimately what decides which you buy is down to personal choice because there isnt a clear cut winner (even with the extensive problems MS have had)

Its all good for us, and thats what matters

Oh and Hatchet, we play a lot of games in this house which means multiple consoles, you might not think theres much difference between PS3 & Xbox in cost terms but start to multiply that difference and it rapidly adds up ;)

Uh, if anything I have gone out of my way in the past to point out the fact THERE IS a difference between the cost. People look at the price tag for the initial console purchase and think, "Well the PS3 is more expensive." But if you look at the associated costs - that includes features like online play, wireless, HD movie capability, etc - one console is still more expensive only it isn't the PS3. Not including games, I look at what I have spent so far on my 360 and it is far more than I have spent on my 60GB PS3 and certainly more than on the Wii.

Edited by Hatchetforce

Well i dont and havnt bought any extras such as wireless adapters, HD DVD drive etc, but doesnt this again demonstrate how close it all is and how currently it comes down to little more than personal choice??

If i had planned to buy those things that would have impacted on the cost and therefore when buying the second 360 we would have considered it better to purchase a PS3 instead, in fact we dont want those extras, and certainly dont want to pay extra for a system which includes things we dont want or need. In that case it was a better purchase to get the 360, for others who do want those things then a PS3 would be better value for money.

My point however which i concede i've probably not made very clear up till now is no matter which angle you come at this from it still comes down to personal choice and what suits that buyer best, beyond that theres so little in it i personally do not think there is a clear winner this gen IMO

My point about the controller seems to have been missed.

...There is nothing about the Wii once you pull the controller that says NEXT GEN.

Ok, I got you.

Shooters on the wii are a bear like you said. I tried splinter cell on the wii and oh my word was it unbearable. I'm interested to see the wii zapper in action though. That looks like it could be fun with the proper game.

Well i dont and havnt bought any extras such as wireless adapters, HD DVD drive etc, but doesnt this again demonstrate how close it all is and how currently it comes down to little more than personal choice??

If i had planned to buy those things that would have impacted on the cost and therefore when buying the second 360 we would have considered it better to purchase a PS3 instead, in fact we dont want those extras, and certainly dont want to pay extra for a system which includes things we dont want or need. In that case it was a better purchase to get the 360, for others who do want those things then a PS3 would be better value for money.

My point however which i concede i've probably not made very clear up till now is no matter which angle you come at this from it still comes down to personal choice and what suits that buyer best, beyond that theres so little in it i personally do not think there is a clear winner this gen IMO

There is almost always a winner where personal choice is concerned :thumbsup: For an individual there is almost always a winner.

You haven't used your consoles completely. I don't mean for extraordinary matters, but normal use. Price was the issue I brought up. If you take a console and use it for the normal things for 4 years - that is a fair life expectancy I would think, what does it cost? Normal use for most people is SP at at home AND MP online play.

If you use that normal standard, the price difference is clear. This doesn't begin to factor in issues such as failure rates. You get your 3 years on a 360 and that is it. Who wants to buy an extended warranty? Especially in the United States when there are only 6 states where warranties covering the same services are required to run consecutively.

You haven't used your consoles completely. I don't mean for extraordinary matters, but normal use.

May I ask what you mean by normal use? Both systems are on pretty much every day for several hours each day so they both get heavy usage in both sp and online across xbox live

You haven't used your consoles completely. I don't mean for extraordinary matters, but normal use.

May I ask what you mean by normal use? Both systems are on pretty much every day for several hours each day so they both get heavy usage in both sp and online across xbox live

I was discussing cost because youmention cost would have impacted a decision. So the only way to make the 360 cheaper is to not pay for Live. and if you have Xbox Live then you can't say your 360 was $349. Now you have to take that 360 and add the going rate of $44 a year. If you look at just 4 years of Xbox Live then you are looking at a $525 Xbox 360 console. It is an odd product that gets more expensive the more you use it.

People may find some special deal or way to get Live cheaper but that is the going rate. I don't mention those slick deals the same way I don't mention the non standard ways to knock $100 off a PS3.

What puzzles me is this comment from you and why I initially started talking cost:

you might not think theres much difference between PS3 & Xbox in cost terms but start to multiply that difference and it rapidly adds up

I am the one that does think there is a difference in cost and the figures bear me out. So if cost is an issue the choice is easy.