Punkbuster problems

Joseph_Q

Im ###### <_<

I've been playing cod4 from release day without any major problems since thursday ( small problems with connecting to server, reconnect few times helped every time). Im beeing kiced from sever by punkbuster with numerous weird communictes. Yester day i had "losing key packets" communicate three times.

I tried to autoupdate PB, then I manualy updated it, finally I reinstaled game.... nothing helps. I checked on PB site that on dec 3 Cod4 PB was updated to new version, maybe that is the problem. Other posible sources of this problem might be that i instaled NOD32 antivirus lately and i switched to higher option my internet connection from 512 to 1024. Duno....

Did anyone had this problem ?

Try this tweak in the console.

/pb_sleep 500

I think it has something to do with the time in between it queries the PB server. I also think I read somewhere that it will help with PB issues.

Let us know how it turns out.

Make a copy of your config_mp file then add this line seta cl_connectionAttempts "50" and save it, you can also add the line from your ingames console but you will have to add it each time you start the game.

Activision / Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare / players / profiles / Your name / config_mp

Connection Issue w/ Master Server

Edited by Floyd

Editing config_mp copied from www.legionofsparta.com forums

Having connection issues ?

before you add the extra text, search the file for the text

cl_connectionAttempts

and if it exists edit the value, if it does NOT then add to the end of the file and save.

METHOD 1 PERMANENT

a workaround is to add the line:

seta cl_connectionAttempts "50"

in the config_mp file in your profile for Windows XP

from Windows XP

default is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare, and look for the Players directory.

from Vista:

[HDD]:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare. In order to see the AppData folder, click on Start->Control Panel->Folder Options. Click on the view tab, then click Show hidden files and folders.

Vista note:

If the player begins a game and creates a profile, but later disables User Account Control in Windowsâ„¢ Vista, then there saved games will now be stored in (by default) C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players.

for all os Windows XP & Vista

edit config_mp.cfg

using "windows notepad" (not word pad")

add to the end of the file

add a space and then

seta cl_connectionattempts "50"

METHOD 2 : TEMPORARY

or

load up the game, make sure console is enabled in OPTIONS>GAME OPTIONS

call up the console with the "tile key" (the one to the left of the number 1 key top row near ESC

(or SHIFT & TILE). Type in:

/cl_connectionattempts 50

press enter

note: as you start to type cl_connectionattempts.... you will see it apear under the point your typing,

just press arrow down to select it, then add 50.

The default is 10 this will now give your machine more time to connect

This method mean you have to change it every time the game is loaded from scratch.