HELP: install map pack trr.rar PROBLEM

I dont know much about computers.... I have downloaded the trr.rar map pack and when i try to open it a screen comes up asking me " what do you want firefox to do with this " . I have tried opening it with a different program (GRAW2) but it doesnt do anything.... What am i doing wrong???????????? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I dont know much about computers.... I have downloaded the trr.rar map pack and when i try to open it a screen comes up asking me " what do you want firefox to do with this " . I have tried opening it with a different program (GRAW2) but it doesnt do anything.... What am i doing wrong???????????? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

download winrar from http://www.download.com. Then use it to extract the files from the trr.rar archive. A ".rar" file is like a .zip file just that windows doesn't natively recognize it. You have to use a file that supports it like winrar.

Anyway use winrar to extract the files. Then you can follow the instructions from there.

download winrar from http://www.download.com. Then use it to extract the files from the trr.rar archive. A ".rar" file is like a .zip file just that windows doesn't natively recognize it. You have to use a file that supports it like winrar.

Anyway use winrar to extract the files. Then you can follow the instructions from there.

Thank you for the info that worked. I am computer illiterate.... I have downloaded winrar and then i right clicked on the trr file for graw2 on my desktop and clicked extract files..... when i get on the graw2 and try to get on a trr map it says map not found is that strange or what???? I am not sure if I did it right

Yeah it can be confusing especially for people not used to using archives. Then combine that with having to move the file to where it needs to be.

earthling, when you extract the files, they will likely be in a folder called "trr" since they were packed that way. The simplest thing for you to do is to extract the files anywhere you like. For example extract them to your C:\ drive. Now if you goto my computer you and then to the C:\ drive there will be a folder called "trr". Open it up. Look for a file called "trrpack.bundle". That is the file you need to place in your "custom_levels" directory in the game directory.

The easiest is to just right-click on the file and a new menu pops up. Then left click on copy. Next you need to navigate to/open the "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2" directory on your machine. In it, there will be a directory/folder called "custom_levels". Open that folder. Next anywhere inside that folder, you can right-click to get the menu back up and then left click on "paste". This will copy the trrpack.bundle into the directory. You need to make sure you do not already have a file called "castle_day.bundle" there. If you do, you need to delete it or it will cause a conflict with the trr game since it's included in TRR.

I have done everything that the "HOW TO OPEN RAR FILE" says to do and everything everyone else has helped me try to do...... Thank you everyone who had comments..... WWhen I try to open the file TRRBUNDLE.PACK or whatever it says, I get a message saying "ARCHIVED FILE IS EITHER UNRECOGNIZABLE FORMAT OR IS DAMAGED." ......................... WHAT HE HELL DOES THIS MEAN????????????????????????????? winrar has already latched on to it and is ready to install but when I try I get that message....... I am not computer illiterate.............I am a total computer ###### because I know nothing about this type stuff................ :wall:

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

First off, forget about TRR for a second. Your PM indicated that now you might be having an issue just running GRAW2. Can you start up the game and join a stock server?

If GRAW2 is running, then it might be the TRR file you downloaded is corrupted. Re-download it again and try once more. Before you do, restart your computer as well as a precaution. Windows sometimes gets a little funny with locked files and not clearing memory. So restarting the computer is to just make sure you won't get any conflicts like that.

I have done everything that the "HOW TO OPEN RAR FILE" says to do and everything everyone else has helped me try to do...... Thank you everyone who had comments..... WWhen I try to open the file TRRBUNDLE.PACK or whatever it says, I get a message saying "ARCHIVED FILE IS EITHER UNRECOGNIZABLE FORMAT OR IS DAMAGED." ......................... WHAT HE HELL DOES THIS MEAN????????????????????????????? winrar has already latched on to it and is ready to install but when I try I get that message....... I am not computer illiterate.............I am a total computer ###### because I know nothing about this type stuff................ :wall:

earthling,

As FlimFlam has stated, you apparently have a corrupted rar file. You need to re-download it and try again. Make sure that your rar file is the size it should be once you have dowloaded it. If not, keep trying. Once you get it and can unpack it, you should be good to go. Let us know if not.

earthling,

As FlimFlam has stated, you apparently have a corrupted rar file. You need to re-download it and try again. Make sure that your rar file is the size it should be once you have dowloaded it. If not, keep trying. Once you get it and can unpack it, you should be good to go. Let us know if not.

I am not sure how to make sure it is the right size...... i have tried deleting and re-downloading 6 times and the same thing happens every time...... I will try again and see what happens and will let you know

also: when i am at the downl0ad screen do i use: OPEN WITH or SAVE TO DISK so that i can do something else with it

thanks

Edited by earthling

Save to disk. At the page where you are downloading from it gives the size of the file. Use that to verify you are getting the entire file.

thanks, i will try it.... let ya know later

OK..........i have it downloaded and i will open it............when the winrar (evaluation copy) screen comes up what next............ Neither of them say bundle or anything like that ........ which of the 2 folders do i do what with and how??????????

thanks

On the initial winrar screen there will be a "continue" on the bottom left, click it. It will then show you what is in the file.......click the bundle and extract. Either extract to the folder suggested in these earlier posts, or somewhere else and the copy/cut and paste to the folder neccessary.

On the initial winrar screen there will be a "continue" on the bottom left, click it. It will then show you what is in the file.......click the bundle and extract. Either extract to the folder suggested in these earlier posts, or somewhere else and the copy/cut and paste to the folder neccessary.

what i have done is : after downloading the trr file i used : EXTRACT TO SPECIFIED FOLDER ......after that instead of extracting it into the CUSTOMS folder i put it in BUNDLE FOLDER and then copy and paste it into the CUSTOMS FOLDER.... to see if that did anything different and it didnt. When i tried to open the bundle file in the customs folder the same message came up saying "EITHER THE FILE IS AN UNKNOWN FORMAT OR IS DAMAGED" ..... I have made sure that after the download that I do have all of the file and not just part of it so I know that that is right.............

Edited by earthling

OK, so it is in your custom_levels folder? If I'm reading this right, after you put it in your custom_levels folder you are trying to open the file? Not neccessary, just start GRAW2 and create a server and see if the "trr" game type is available on any maps. If it is, everything is working.

Edited by BSR_Vhladd

OK, so it is in your custom_levels folder? If I'm reading this right, after you put it in your custom_levels folder you are trying to open the file? Not neccessary, just start GRAW2 and create a server and see if the "trr" game type is available on any maps. If it is, everything is working.

OK........ i will try it and see

OK........ i will try it and see

I have looked at all the different server types and there is no listing of the TRR files anywhere......

I went to a site called XESERVERMODS.INFO and what I found is a file called TRR_PACK.EXE is this the file that I need for the trr maps or not????????????? The file that I currently have is a different trrpack.bundle file..... Which one do I need to use please???????????????????

I wish someone would have just said to go to xeservermods.info and download the TRR_pack.exe from there. It is now installed and is running fine I believe. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. I appreciate it.

Edited by earthling

If grim were to release another game patch would the data i placed in the customs folder corrupt the installation of it. . If i was to transfer the stuff placed in the custom folder to some were else for storage would the structure of the game go back to how it was initially.