Ideas for Weapons Mods

If it's possible, the HK417Recce should have a selection of 2 different scopes. A sniper scope(preferrably MSG90 style) and an ACOG or Aimpoint. And give it 3 round burst and semi-automatic. That way the enemy has a chance in close quarters and it's not much of an assault rifle. It can be used as the spotter's rifle so if he has enemy coming up from the rear or flank he can start engaging em. So here's my list of weapons.

1. HK417(with choice of 2-maybe 3-different scopes.)

2. M468

3. M110(SASS)

4. Barrett XM500(http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn73-e.htm)

5. Magpul Masada

6. MP7(got you in mind Bottman)

I tried keeping it to 5 but they're just too awesome.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's possible, the HK417Recce should have a selection of 2 different scopes. A sniper scope(preferrably MSG90 style) and an ACOG or Aimpoint. And give it 3 round burst and semi-automatic. That way the enemy has a chance in close quarters and it's not much of an assault rifle. It can be used as the spotter's rifle so if he has enemy coming up from the rear or flank he can start engaging em. So here's my list of weapons.

1. HK417(with choice of 2-maybe 3-different scopes.)

2. M468

3. M110(SASS)

4. Barrett XM500(http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn73-e.htm)

5. Magpul Masada

6. MP7(got you in mind Bottman)

I tried keeping it to 5 but they're just too awesome.

Thanks for the assist on the MP-7 :rofl:

Oh np there, Bottman. The MP5SD's my weapon of choice in the Ghost Recon series. When me and my friend used to play Jungle Storm on PS2(Yeah I used to be a console gamer) I'd have the MP5SD and when I'd kill a guy, a bunch of others would start moving around and me and my friend would do some acting saying "Hey was that an MP5SD? Better go check it out." And now when I kill someone with it, my friend says, "You totally Sean'd em" cause that's my name and it's my weapon. So if I can have an MP7SD, I might start a whole new era. And I'd love some shotguns in the game but I just don't think it's possible. I just hope WP33 and me can come to a compromise on the HK417 weapon. I'll bring the list down a bit since we seem to have these weapons in common.

1. Barrett M468

2. MP7

3. M107 or XM500 semi-automatic 50. caliber sniper rifle

4. M110(SASS)

5. HK417 Recce or Carbine Variant. Either one's fine with me.

That does seem like a pretty fair compromise.

Oh np there, Bottman. The MP5SD's my weapon of choice in the Ghost Recon series. When me and my friend used to play Jungle Storm on PS2(Yeah I used to be a console gamer) I'd have the MP5SD and when I'd kill a guy, a bunch of others would start moving around and me and my friend would do some acting saying "Hey was that an MP5SD? Better go check it out." And now when I kill someone with it, my friend says, "You totally Sean'd em" cause that's my name and it's my weapon. So if I can have an MP7SD, I might start a whole new era. And I'd love some shotguns in the game but I just don't think it's possible. I just hope WP33 and me can come to a compromise on the HK417 weapon. I'll bring the list down a bit since we seem to have these weapons in common.

1. Barrett M468

2. MP7

3. M107 or XM500 semi-automatic 50. caliber sniper rifle

4. M110(SASS)

5. HK417 Recce or Carbine Variant. Either one's fine with me.

That does seem like a pretty fair compromise.

Since we already have the Mk17 in the CQC variant, the 417 I think would be better in the Recce, but that's just me being logical :P . I like your list other than that. I'd personally switch the MP7 for a 1911, but hey, that's just quibbling. I still think the M8, the Glock 18 and the RX4 need to take a long hike off a short pier, and I've turned them off as selectable in my small groups MP games, but there's no getting rid of the core weapons, eh? Nice list otherwise, M.

Yeah I agree on the M8 and Glock18. RX4 isn't too bad. Unfortunately, the M8 still isn't done with permanently. They're gonna test it against the M4, SCARs, and HK416 in a dust test. You're right about the 417. We do have the SCAR-H so yeah if the 417's added it should be used in Recce mode. I think the scope should be optional like the M14. But yeah seems like a good compromise.

Many of the suggested weapons seems to be all the same...

Why not add some distinction ?

The HK417 is ok for it's 7,62. But the 468 ?? It's nothing more than a project...

M110 is good but the XM500 looks too much to me. It's a cannon for special sniper teams. Ghosts should look for versatility and weight...

Another one. Why not insert SLR105 and similars ? I've seen many photos of USA SF using these AKs, produced in Las Vegas by Arsenal....That would be unique no ?

Edited by caprera

Many of the suggested weapons seems to be all the same...

Why not add some distinction ?

The HK417 is ok for it's 7,62. But the 468 ?? It's nothing more than a project...

M110 is good but the XM500 looks too much to me. It's a cannon for special sniper teams. Ghosts should look for versatility and weight...

Another one. Why not insert SLR105 and similars ? I've seen many photos of USA SF using these AKs, produced in Las Vegas by Arsenal....That would be unique no ?

The reason why many of the suggestions are the same is I think we're trying to reach a consensus, in order to keep the congestion down, on a handful of weapons most guys would like to see. I think, anyway. <_< Yes, the M468 was a SF project, but it's now a commercially available rifle system. If GRIN put in the cop-gun RX4 and the non-existent XM8, why not let us have the M468 for more beef downrange? :devil: If there's an M99 I don't know why there's not an M107 in it's place. It's lighter than the M82, has a shorter, handier barrel and is semi-auto, which trumps the bolt-action in most of the engagements that occur in GRAW2- in my opinion anyway. An AK-mag-using platform would be cool, if there were an AK in the game, (and if one could pick up mags, which you can't). Which was my point in an earlier post. Why was there no AK in the core game? Seems a major oversight, as well as the lack of the FN FAL and the HK G3- as these damn things are everywhere- but that's just me thinking too much probably, and has nothing to do with the consensus we're trying to reach here. Of course, as soon as someone's able to make an opfor mod, I'll be clamoring for those, so beware. :D

Edited by WP33

Yeah I heard the Army hated the M60 which is why the replaced it with the M240. But the M240 will probably be replaced by the MK 48 LMG. And yeah the M468 is actually being used today and the gun store closest to me even sells em. So yeah not a project anymore. And AKs would be nice but the Mexican Army's using the G3 right now and they're about to switch over to that FX-05 which is basically a Mexican version of the G36. And the XM500 weighs less than the M82A1. Not less than the M99 but that's bolt action. I think the M107 would be very nice. The M110 should go in though. Wish they hadn't put the M8 in because even though it's not 100% dead yet, it's still just a project and it's cancelled for the time being until an upcoming dust test against the M4(useless) HK416 and the SCARs. I definately wouldn't mind having the HK417 in its sniper variant. Would probably be the lightest sniper rifle in the game. But all the weapons me, Bottman, and WP33 have named are all existing weapons being used today. The newest one is probably the 417, M468 or M110(SASS) We're just tyring to keep it to a small list, hoping one of the modders will have a heart and take our list into consideration.

Yeah I heard the Army hated the M60 which is why the replaced it with the M240. But the M240 will probably be replaced by the MK 48 LMG. And yeah the M468 is actually being used today and the gun store closest to me even sells em. So yeah not a project anymore. And AKs would be nice but the Mexican Army's using the G3 right now and they're about to switch over to that FX-05 which is basically a Mexican version of the G36. And the XM500 weighs less than the M82A1. Not less than the M99 but that's bolt action. I think the M107 would be very nice. The M110 should go in though. Wish they hadn't put the M8 in because even though it's not 100% dead yet, it's still just a project and it's cancelled for the time being until an upcoming dust test against the M4(useless) HK416 and the SCARs. I definately wouldn't mind having the HK417 in its sniper variant. Would probably be the lightest sniper rifle in the game. But all the weapons me, Bottman, and WP33 have named are all existing weapons being used today. The newest one is probably the 417, M468 or M110(SASS) We're just tyring to keep it to a small list, hoping one of the modders will have a heart and take our list into consideration.

QFT, the last sentence. We're just hoping some kind, talented soul with a lot of spare time, a big heart and Photoshop and 3dsm hears our meager pleas. :D

Pleas? Pleas? These aren't pleas. These are demands! Now do it! STAT! I'm not paying em nothing for nothing. LOL. I wish I could mod but I don't have the right tools and while I do have a decent rig, I don't think it's good enough for modding. I know I'd probably make something that looked horrible. I failed almost every art class in highschool except the one where i had a teacher that looked like a stoner.

Don't need a state of the art rig to do modding mate...I'm working on an old P4 3.2, 2 gig of RAM and an oooold GF 6800 Ultra. The only thing having an older rig will affect is the time it takes to render things out.

All you need is the right program and some patience to learn it. ;)

I might try it sometime. Like when the holidays come around cause I'm starting back at college soon. And although I'm only gonna be taking 4 classes, one of em is the follow-up to Arabic which is gonna take up a lot of my time. But yeah I might try it and my friend might get into map-making but I'm not so sure about that. Until then, I'm gonna have to look forward to other weapons mods released by pros like u and Brettzies. I'm gonna wait for Brettzies to work the kinks out of his mod. I remember reading the description for his mod for GRAW1 and it was fix after fix after fix with new additions and stuff. And your Magpul Masada looks superior. I'm curious as to whether or not that will be released to the civilian public or if it's already available cause I definately wouldn't mind owning one of those.

I'm curious as to whether or not that will be released to the civilian public or if it's already available cause I definately wouldn't mind owning one of those.

Yeah, I'm hoping H&K sells the 416 (6.8mm) or the 417 to the public, because I would love to own one... :drool:

I didn't know the 416 was released in a 6.8mm version. I hope they release that and the 417 too but I'm doubtful about it because the closest us civilians can get to the G36 is the SL8 which makes me wanna vomit everytime I see it. If the stock was changeable I might buy one but I'm not sure. I think I'll take my chances waiting for the 416 or 417. Or I could just save up to buy an M468.

I didn't know the 416 was released in a 6.8mm version. I hope they release that and the 417 too but I'm doubtful about it because the closest us civilians can get to the G36 is the SL8 which makes me wanna vomit everytime I see it. If the stock was changeable I might buy one but I'm not sure. I think I'll take my chances waiting for the 416 or 417. Or I could just save up to buy an M468.

Though anything is possible, I do not believe that HK has made any 6.8s (unless it was in purely a prototype form), and there has been zero move so far by HK to create a civvie version of the 416 or the 417. As far as the SL8/G36 concern, there are aftermarket stocks available for conversion here, for one. There is talk about FN maybe making the SCAR L available at a later date for civilian use, but they have their hands full with getting it out for the SFGs right now. The Magpul Masada is looking pretty slick, too, but I don't know if Magpul's announced a release target for it yet.

Yeah WP33. FN is probably going to release the SCAR-L to civilians. I emailed a gun shop owner and he said it should be available by the end of this year. So I am hopeful. And I haven't seen or heard anything else about the 416 being 6.8mm. I think it's just gonna be a 5.56 and I also heard someone should start working on getting that Recce version of the 417 in the game. Maybe skin it in ACU or Tan. That would be pretty bossome. Am I not right?

he has the same mindset of a modder, its not hard just smoke a pack of malboro reds and learn how to do some good ol moddin, its not that hard just that s a lot of time!, i learned how to mod by just messin with the damn program! learning myself! just get it used to it then read some tutorials and you 'll be able to make a model!