Ideas for Weapons Mods

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a list of mine:

1) H&K 417. In the two versions. Recce and Sniper.

2) H&K 468. As another 6.8 caliber long rifle alternative to M16.

3) H&K MP7. A good sidearm...

4) SLR 105. Because i love it...

Edited by caprera

Here's a list of mine:

1) H&K 417. In the two versions. Recce and Sniper.

2) H&K 468. As another 6.8 caliber long rifle alternative to M16.

3) H&K MP7. A good sidearm...

4) SLR 105. Because i love it...

The M468 is Barrett, partner.

:)

I'm suprised that nobody added the combatsight to the M8 compact yet...
Also EOTechs... They are common in many weapons systems now... Also about sights i'd suggest the two Elcan models. The M145 for M249 and the Spector that WP33 suggested, which is revolutionary for it's capability to switch between red-dot and scope sight.

These should be important addictions...

When we're given the right tools for modding, maybe Brettzies or some other weapons mods would like to make mods for a few of these weapons

Barrett M468:

http://www.shootingusa.com/SIGHTING_IN/11_...NS/SI-11-4L.jpg

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,1463...h_M468,,00.html

M110 SASS:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...ground/mk11.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM110_SASS

Mk. 48 Mod 0 Machine Gun:

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,1463...h_Mk48,,00.html

If anybody else has any ideas, post here. Lets give the mods our input. I'm sure they'll be able to make most of what we ask for since this is probably the most talented modding community I know of.

Nice work brett!! I used your MOD and this is great!

I have more ideas for your next update...

click for image

click for image

MODERATOR EDIT: Large images changed to links per forum rules

Edited by ZJJ

I added myself the G36K, G36c, the combat sight for the M8 compact. But it would be nice to have everything in a "official" mod. I also noticed there no sprite for the G36c, maybe someone should do one.

Caprera, I can only agree with your last post.

Edited by LordBelfast

The M468 is Barrett, partner.

Thanks man! I was reading right now your post in the other discussion...

Btw What you think about the list ?? To me only the first 2 need really to be in-game.

I like the addition of the 105, merely because it does add an AK to the mix, whether it's designated an AK74 or not. I still think the AK47 has a place, merely because of its ubiquity. I'd really like to see someone do a mod or total conversion of the game set in Iraq and working in conjunction with the Iraqi National Guard/Security Forces to pacify the area, and using the AK47/AK103. I really like your idea of the HK417 in both versions. A DM version would be sweet, maybe with a variable 3-9 power scope (though I have yet to see anything other than fixed power scopes in the game) and a carbine (not CQC) version, perhaps with a CCO or even a HWS. The Elcan Specter DR would be ideal, however. :D I'd really like it if GRIN could get rid of the cop guns and let the military weapons have their day. If they could dump the M99, the RX4, the Glock, the non-existent XM8 and its variants, and take out the G36 line, replacing them with M4s, M107, the M468 the XBoxers got to use and we got screwed on, M110, M16 SAMR and so on, I'd be happy. I'm still waiting on my 1911, but I hear Snowfella's going to bring his GRAW mod over to GRAW2, so that'll satisfy me, and we'll have another M4 to play with.

Nah, not bringing over the whole mod mate...just the MEUSOC. Brettzies has already released an M4 and there's no real need to reinvent the wheel and release another one.

So I'd be bringing in 3 versions of the Masada, the MEUSOC, possibly a new SMG and most definately an "easteregg" just like I did with the GRAW M4 mod. I ain't saying what it is till I've finished it all off though :P

Nah, not bringing over the whole mod mate...just the MEUSOC. Brettzies has already released an M4 and there's no real need to reinvent the wheel and release another one.

So I'd be bringing in 3 versions of the Masada, the MEUSOC, possibly a new SMG and most definately an "easteregg" just like I did with the GRAW M4 mod. I ain't saying what it is till I've finished it all off though :P

Good to hear the 1911 is making the trip, too bad about the M4. I dug the laser you had on the other version. The easteregg just whets my appetite, too, brotha. :D

and the Spector that WP33 suggested, which is revolutionary for it's capability to switch between red-dot and scope sight.

revolutionary? as far as i know we already have a sight capable of switching between red-dot and scope ingame. GRIN just altered (shortened) it a bit so maybe you didn't recognize it, and its function was restricted to red-dot only.

opticsplanet_1957_121162877.jpeg

Edited by SpringMan

and the Spector that WP33 suggested, which is revolutionary for it's capability to switch between red-dot and scope sight.

revolutionary? as far as i know we already have a sight capable of switching between red-dot and scope ingame. GRIN just altered (shortened) it a bit so maybe you didn't recognize it, and its function was restricted to red-dot only.

opticsplanet_1957_121162877.jpeg

There is no crosshair on the CQ/T. It's a dot within two concentric circles.

cqt-reticles.gif

The CQ/T is 1-3x. Good stuff. Another optic I'd consider getting if it didn't cost so farkin much. :D

i didn't write a word about a crosshair, just corrected the statement.

the main advantage of the specter is that it's more tolerant about the viewing angle. personally i'd prefer the ACOG/Docter combination, although it's a little much of a compromise too (small reddot/little magnification)

TA01NSN_DOCweb.jpg

BTW does anyone know if the original model of the Leupold as seen on older screenshots is hidden somewhere in the bundles?

Edited by SpringMan

is it possible to make a dual sight mod... i remember in No Easy Day on GR there was a M4 with a dual sight.... i think it was a ACOG and Aimpoint combo...

damn that sounds like an abomination. i don't know which ACOG you mean, but probably not the TA01 i posted.

or were they mounted in a row?

its probably not possible, it comes down to the well-known animation issues again.

is it possible to make a dual sight mod... i remember in No Easy Day on GR there was a M4 with a dual sight.... i think it was a ACOG and Aimpoint combo...

damn that sounds like an abomination. i don't know which ACOG you mean, but probably not the TA01 i posted.

or were they mounted in a row?

its probably not possible, it comes down to the well-known animation issues again.

ill try find a pic of it.... it was mounted in a row it looked pretty ace... they were seperate sights with a space in-between them

I hope suggestions will bring to some new addictions to GRAW2.

Until the end of august i'll be away. I leave tomorrow for Elba island and from there for Istanbul. Maybe sometime i'll get to a net point. Btw cheers to all of you guys and a special kiss to our modders !

No worries, I wasn't trying to pin attributing a crosshair to ya. :P Just showing what the reticle should look like, instead of the triangle, for those who aren't in the know, is all.

@Yorkshire

You sure you're not thinking of a setup like this

SAMQF_detail.jpg

?

I'm thinking of getting one to pair with my Aimpoint soon.

No worries, I wasn't trying to pin attributing a crosshair to ya. :P Just showing what the reticle should look like, instead of the triangle, for those who aren't in the know, is all.

@Yorkshire

You sure you're not thinking of a setup like this

SAMQF_detail.jpg

?

I'm thinking of getting one to pair with my Aimpoint soon.

yeah thats it....