GRAW 2 and PhysX

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planet Physx has some video of Ageia Island in action...it is amazing!

:lol:

http://www.planetphysx.com/weblog/

[Merged into the existing thread]

.....All of that can be done without PhysX.

I don't think they want to release that map for people with a powerfull enough pc, because then you will see a physics card is not nessesary.... at all. And I would only buy such a card if the rest of my clan had it too, don't want to be alone on a remote island...... :D

It was a waste before. Probably still little more than eye candy at this point. If you absolutely MUST have the baddest, most geewhizz system out there though, I'd say buy the GRAW/PhysX bundle.Get something worth SOME money in the bundle. The PhysX card itself was more of a PITA for me than it was worth for the gazillions of gaudy particles it generated, and the only real worthy effect it produced was dust in the rotor wash....

Well, as I see now in the Physix island video it's not only eye candy anymore. With PhysX card you are able to shoot through wooden fences, blow them and buildings to pieces etc. This adds new possibillities to gameplay.

:thumbsup:

If it works as advertised, I'd agree that it qualifies as more than just eye candy and just might be worth taking up a slot on the MB.

Unintentional TKs will probably be up until people get used to the new PhysX effects on that island...I wonder what the damage variable values of a 2x4 or a pipe will be?

Well, as I see now in the Physix island video it's not only eye candy anymore. With PhysX card you are able to shoot through wooden fences, blow them and buildings to pieces etc. This adds new possibillities to gameplay.

:thumbsup:

Interesting (haven't seen the videos as the bandwidth here severely limits what I can download). I know that SOME other games have supposedly implemented the ability to shoot through cerrtain types of walls/objects without the use of a separate piece of hardware on the MoBo. Indirect damage THROUGH solid objects has been there pretty easily for a while. Think of the last time you got artillery called in on you in BF2. I was just playing a few minutes ago. So the groundwork is already laid for DIRECT fire damage through objects anyhow. And just like with the deflection in [GR], where a bullet would pass through the first soft target it hit (like a player or a glass window) and possibly hit another, the ability to implement this in a game is by no means NEW.

And certainly doesn't require me to lay out a couple hundred dollars.

Now, getting hit by shrapnel is another thing entirely. As I said, interesting...